[Updated] Why Subscribe to Neowin?

How long does it take for you guys to get 'subbed' i 'upgraded' via NoChex 2 days ago and i'm still waiting for an Admin to get round to it?

Once Paypal processed my card, I was brought back to the Forum Subscriptions page with orange username text. It instantly moved me to the subscribers group.

Odd, out of the recent posters in this thread I'm the only one who was subscribed right away. Maybe an admin was online while I was subscribing. :p

Once Paypal processed my card, I was brought back to the Forum Subscriptions page with orange username text. It instantly moved me to the subscribers group.

Odd, out of the recent posters in this thread I'm the only one who was subscribed right away. Maybe an admin was online while I was subscribing. :p

That's quite odd. I purchased my subscription on 26-August 07 and I wasn't moved into the +Subscriber group until 8-September 07. I used PayPal just like you. It took me 13 days, excluding the day of purchase, to become a subscriber.

Hmm I am thinking about subscribing...It would be really nice if they gave subscribers better speed or something to Neowin (if even possible.) Some days I swear it takes 5 min for a page to come up on neowin and other days its fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not a big poster, but i subscribed because Neowin has helped me many a time when i had a tech problem.

<3 Neowin

+1, although apparently im a bit more of a poster than you I tend to read a lot and not respond.

thinking about resubscribing. don't have a creditcard or paypal tho. why not offer a bank account where i can send money too? just give me the details ;) (i saw the money will go to the netherlands)

Enhanced Service & Blog

Apart from supporting Neowin financially we also offer extended services for members for a measly ?10 (or round about $12.50 USD)

This package allows you to start a blog, offers extended topic/post editing, flood control significantly shortened, boosts PM storage to 200 messages, raises the upload limit for attachments to 1mb, includes a support forum and your online status is updated with + in front of your name and a shiny badge to show you support Neowin.

There is also an extra forum tied to the package where Subscribers are invited to post topics we wouldn't allow on the public forums (although nothing illegal is welcome there, our forum rules still apply).Sign up here!b>

I like Neowin but those aren't big deals to me for subscribing.

I like Neowin but those aren't big deals to me for subscribing.

the whole point of subscribing is to help pay for the site. giving other "fetaures" is just a way of saying thanks, but that's not what you are paying for.

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand that.

the whole point of subscribing is to help pay for the site. giving other "fetaures" is just a way of saying thanks, but that's not what you are paying for.

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand that.

True.

But further, the point is to support the site, while it giving you WORTHWHILE features. I want to see some worthwhile features, this is where creativity is put to use. The extra features don't really cost neowin anything, its just an incentive. No doubt there'd be less subscribers if there were no extra features. As such, more features, more subscribers....