Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

I pre-ordered on 10/22 and received my email today at 5:12 pm.

Thank you for ordering on EA Store (US). The date when the product that you Pre-Ordered will be released has been changed. The product listed below will now be available on October 23, 2007

Order ID: xxxxxxxxxxx

Product ID: 77033600

Product Name: Crysis Demo

If you have further questions regarding your order, please visit http://www.eastore.com and click on the Customer Service link located near the top of the page.

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please visit http://support.ea.com to submit any further questions.

Sincerely,

EA Store (US)Customer Service

Change your Post dammit...

24 Hour Exclusive on the Single Player Demo ? EA Store brings you the Single Player Demo before anyone else

I don't get it. What's the point of releasing a demo to those that pre-ordered? Why have it exclusive to select people? Isn't the point of a demo to generate new found interest in those that would otherwise not have even looked at the game? :dontgetit:

I don't get it. What's the point of releasing a demo to those that pre-ordered? Why have it exclusive to select people? Isn't the point of a demo to generate new found interest in those that would otherwise not have even looked at the game? :dontgetit:

it's only a few hours difference lol don't think that matters much, we'll all get a turn soon in a few hours

I've been reading that the demo hasn't been working for anyone (install fails or something, lol).

:laugh:

Where did you see that?

:laugh:

Where did you see that?

check crysis ea forums like 4 threads about downloaded twice cant install install fails says im not owner is asking for cd-key etc etc etc some say the download won't let them play for 12 more hours heh

How big is the demo? I don't mind a small delay in releasing the demo, seeing as I have work. Once I finish though, it would be great to start playing this gem!

How big is the demo? I don't mind a small delay in releasing the demo, seeing as I have work. Once I finish though, it would be great to start playing this gem!

dude said earlier 1.1GB apparently must be compressed somewhat or very short like CoD4 :( lol

Well this is bull**** why is it only available for Preorders? Is this a goddamn demo that's released to encourage people to buy their product; what is it with this high and mighty approach - only special people who preordered can download... Almost makes me want to cancel my preorder with a local store just to give the middle finger to this sort of behavior from EA and Crytek. Is this a game or the ****en fifth element?

Well this is bull**** why is it only available for Preorders? Is this a goddamn demo that's released to encourage people to buy their product; what is it with this high and mighty approach - only special people who preordered can download... Almost makes me want to cancel my preorder with a local store just to give the middle finger to this sort of behavior from EA and Crytek. Is this a game or the ****en fifth element?

welcome to today. a superficial world based on superficial e-power.

kids with the demo > kids without "i hav teh dem0, u suxx0r"

I found this new status system annoying at first, so i paid to join file planet, where i've been "the first" to get a few demos and betas recently. I have to say when i was one of the first to get the crysis multiplayer demo my e-peen twitched with excitement slightly, that is until i played it and discovered that the developers have no clue about what is expected from a multiplayer game in 2007 (squads anyone?). The e-peen then retracted completely when i saw "the kids" have no idea what team play is and spent the entire game throwing cars at their team mates to steal their weapons.....:(

so.. dont fret, it'll probably be crap anyway :)

welcome to today. a superficial world based on superficial e-power "i hav teh dem0, u suxx0r"

:/ Sadly its true. So disappointing to see EA and Crytek treating prospective customers like this.