Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

welcome to today. a superficial world based on superficial e-power.

kids with the demo > kids without "i hav teh dem0, u suxx0r"

I found this new status system annoying at first, so i paid to join file planet, where i've been "the first" to get a few demos and betas recently. I have to say when i was one of the first to get the crysis multiplayer demo my e-peen twitched with excitement slightly, that is until i played it and discovered that the developers have no clue about what is expected from a multiplayer game in 2007 (squads anyone?). The e-peen then retracted completely when i saw "the kids" have no idea what team play is and spent the entire game throwing cars at their team mates to steal their weapons.....:(

so.. dont fret, it'll probably be crap anyway :)

Its hardly crap at all, name how many FPS multiplayer game have squads thesedays outside of Battlefield series, its just not needed, before the beta went public i had a great time playing helping Crytek try and balance the game out, when it went public it turned into CS:S, people driving at people and jumping out so the person would die and they would get a tk, people punching cars over, shooting tyres, using rocket launcher as a 1 hit close range kill weapon.

Despite all the idiots i still have good fun with the game and thats only 1 map and 1 game mode, i cant wait for the Single player and Multiplayer.

ok looks like we have a final release date it's looking like 11pm (23:00) PST i'd assume since that's what they're choosing to go by on 26th which is about 14 hours from now, which means here in NZ on GMT +12 it'll be release at 10am on the 27th... stupid EA numbskulls

ok looks like we have a final release date it's looking like 11pm (23:00) PST i'd assume since that's what they're choosing to go by on 26th which is about 14 hours from now, which means here in NZ on GMT +12 it'll be release at 10am on the 27th... stupid EA numbskulls

whats your source?

Crysis Demo for pre-orders Released

Tonight (October 25th 23:00 UTC/GMT) the demo has been released through EA Link (former EA Downloader) for users thats have preordered Crysis on EA Store

There is a 24 Hour Exclusive on the Single Player Demo for those users.

When the demo will be public? We don't know. There isn't any official statement about it.

If the 24h hour exclusive is correct, it will be public on October 26th 23:00 UTC/GMT)

We have to wait...

For more "accurate" info please visit official EA Forum

http://www.crysisdemo.com/news.htm

i just looked through the EA Forums- and theres quite a few people having problems with even getting it installed. at this rate the "public" users will have the download while the "special" users are still trying to figure out the problem. :p

i have it preorderd BUT IM NOT INSTALLING THERE **** SOFTWARE

If you preordered from the EA Store that's the only way to download and install your ordered product since it is download only I believe.

If you preordered from the EA Store that's the only way to download and install your ordered product since it is download only I believe.

i didnt i got mine from Ebgames i cant stand EA D.load manager .. sorry its just me

ohh what a crock of *ahem* so if we want to play the demo we have to preorder... f that!

No.. if yo uwant to play the demo a few hours before people who haven't preordered.. you have to preorder.

Otherwise, just be patient. Remember, it's only a demo.

That is just idiotic, Why don't they just release the demo into the public?? All this faffing about is just annoying. The game will probably be **** once it's release, and probably wont perform well. Hence this is probably the reason they want to get as many pre-orders as possible.

NVIDIA sent out a press release saying that the Crysis demo (DX10) will be hosted, starting tomorrow, at nZone.com

PC gamers will soon be able to play the most advanced video game ever created. The Crysis demo?available tomorrow from nZone.com?includes the complete first level of the game, representing about 45 minutes of gameplay.

This is bizarre. I thought the point of a demo was to get new people interested in buying the game. I have it preordered, but not through the EA store.

If it isn't illegal, could someone please post a torrent link / mirror? I can't see how posting a link is illegal, since it is a free demo of a game.

How big is the demo? I don't mind a small delay in releasing the demo, seeing as I have work. Once I finish though, it would be great to start playing this gem!

For the people who want sizes:

Crysis demo: 1.8 GB

Crysis multiplayer beta: 1.38 GB

I just got new 22" monitor. It's 1680x1050. I don't know if my 8800GTS will run Crysis on Dx 10 at that big of a resolution, anyone know??

Nvidia have just released some new BETA drivers for crysis and a few other little tweeks here and there

you can get them via nzone.com

EDIT: both for XP and vista 32 and 64