Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

arg! stupid installer..... I have all my games on D:/[games]/ ... and its telling me the path contains invalid characters.... stupid cuz those are allowed :(

Dx10 mode was slow as hell for me, DX9 mode on low and the game is brilliant, turned it up to medium and i lost alot of frames need to figure out a good setting,

All in all im impressed so far, i wasnt expecting the game to run so smooth on low

Dx10 mode was slow as hell for me, DX9 mode on low and the game is brilliant, turned it up to medium and i lost alot of frames need to figure out a good setting,

All in all im impressed so far, i wasnt expecting the game to run so smooth on low

In thoughts of you have a 8500, it looks bright for me at a 8800gts

Yep, same here.

Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 4.3Ghz,

4GB of PC6400(800MHZ) and

XFX GeForce 8800GTS XXX edition (OC'd)

Runs very smooth!

Holy Freaking Mother of God. How were you able to go so high with your E6700? :| !

Runs very slowly here, even on low, in DX10 mode at 1280x1024 (AA and AF off).

X2 4200+, 2 GB PC3200, 8800 GTS OC (320 MB) (169.01 betas).

Not impressed :(

You guys that are having slowness are running the newer drivers right? 169.01 ?

I am, personally. I believe my processor and memory speeds may be the problem here.

Here's a tip for everyone, turn up all the effects EXCEPT Post-processing.

It adds Motion Blur able to suck life out of every GPU out there, believe me, exactly the same problem in the Beta.

Keep it at "Low" and enjoy much higher FPS with same great graphics, the motion blur looks like hell too.

So currently running 1920x1200 - Everything Very High except Postprocessing at around 30-40FPS.

Can't wait for retail (Y)

Here's a tip for everyone, turn up all the effects EXCEPT Post-processing.

It adds Motion Blur able to suck life out of every GPU out there, believe me, exactly the same problem in the Beta.

Keep it at "Low" and enjoy much higher FPS with same great graphics, the motion blur looks like hell too.

So currently running 1920x1200 - Everything Very High except Postprocessing at around 30-40FPS.

Can't wait for retail (Y)

When I tried Medal of Honor Airborne, I had to do the same thing... the motion blur with post processing on was making me physically sick...

Wow... you can play Crysis with a 8500GT :|

Using the new 169.01 Drivers:

Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2GB DDR2, 8800GTS Superclocked

Runs fine with everything on high, but like MichaelBL said, postprocessing destroys your FPS. Turn it to low and you'll see a huge improvement.

I'm pretty disappointed tbh.. even on medium settings it ran poorly, and it looked like crap. There should be an option to turn grass off/down, because I'm pretty sure that's a major killer of performance. Even with textures on high, some of the rocks have really nasty clayish looking textures..

Sorry crysis, but I'll stick with COD4.