Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

Wow... you can play Crysis with a 8500GT :|

yes and im really happy with the frames im pulling, ok its on low, but i can still play it which is good for me

Does it install punkbuster or other drm? Otherwise, I'll skip it.

Effectively.. you just said "Does it install punkbuster? If not, I'll pass."

Does it install punkbuster or other drm? Otherwise, I'll skip it. The way other games have been putting DRM on a demo is ridiculous.

How do you "install" DRM in a game.... and it's single player so I would doubt it has punkbuster...

I mean anti-piracy software. For example, DiRT installs Starforce protection on your computer when you install the demo. Other games have been doing this. Since this is published by EA, I expect other evil software to sneak onto my computer.

I mean anti-piracy software. For example, DiRT installs Starforce protection on your computer when you install the demo. Other games have been doing this. Since this is published by EA, I expect other evil software to sneak onto my computer.

Not real sure why a free demo would install anti-piracy software onto a computer.. but ok.

EA doesn't do have any games with starforce.. only codemasters does as far as i know. I believe i recall the guy from Crytek saying something about securom but i'm not sure.

Not real sure why a free demo would install anti-piracy software onto a computer.. but ok.
Lot of demos have that damn protection stuff...

Lot of demos have that damn protection stuff...

I may just have never have seen it... but AFAIK the securerom/starforce stuff is designed to detect fake or emulated CD's or DVD's... So... why would it be installed on a non-CD/DVD release off the internet of a free demo... and like the above poster said.. Punk Buster has nothing to do with copy protection.. actually it's good to have PunkBuster on a MP game, keeps people from hacking/cheating.

I'm getting the DX9* Demo from my local Server. I hope its going to be worth it or EA/Crytek can shove Crysis up youknowwhere.

*DX10 Demo not on my local ISP Server.

Pretty sure there is not 2 different demos for DX10 and DX9...

I played the demo, Everything is set to ultra high. 45-50fps.

USING:

ASUS 650SLi Motherboard

Intel Core2 E6850 3.0GHz

4GB DDR2 667MHz Memory

nvidia 8500GT 512MB

I played the demo, Everything is set to ultra high. 45-50fps.

USING:

ASUS 650SLi Motherboard

Intel Core2 E6850 3.0GHz

4GB DDR2 667MHz Memory

nvidia 8500GT 512MB

I don't believe you for one sec.

running this demo on x64 vista

ran it in 64 bit mode on everythibg full but low option as stated above. Ran like absolute crap.

ran it in 32bit mode, the same again but this i end up with a bsod!

running on a q6600 @ 3.0ghz, 4gb ram, 8800gtx oc to 626/2000.

any suggestions?

running this demo on x64 vista

ran it in 64 bit mode on everythibg full but low option as stated above. Ran like absolute crap.

ran it in 32bit mode, the same again but this i end up with a bsod!

running on a q6600 @ 3.0ghz, 4gb ram, 8800gtx oc to 626/2000.

any suggestions?

Latest drivers?