Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

i am sitting here at work just dying to go home and play this demo.

Stupid clock damn you 9-6 job! COME ON CLOCK! 40 min left!

hopefully it runs good on my system.

I played the demo, Everything is set to ultra high. 45-50fps.

USING:

ASUS 650SLi Motherboard

Intel Core2? E6850 3.0GHz

4GB DDR2 667MHz Memory

nvidia 8500GT 512MB

I don't believe you for one sec.

Believe him, same specs here (Athlon X2 6000+ instead of Intel) and getting 32 - 55 FPS:):)

maybe at 640x480...

1440 x 900 here, let me run it a couple of times more.

Edit: XP and DX9, runs terrible in Vista and DX10 ( 15 - 20 fps and 35 - 40 on med)

just played on medium @ 1024x768

framerate is steady though when nade a building or something it goes awol slow. need to upgrade over all but damn this is nice i just wish could get graphics up a bit better :(

Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz

2GB ram ddr400

X850 XT 256MB

sounds a tad it iffy when changing the suit it doesn't always go off like it should

in Bin32 there are 2 timedemo batch files..GPU and CPU

On the GPU I got Average 24.25

On the CPU I got Average 23.17

Core 2 Quad X6700 2.66ghz

4GB DDR2 HyperX

GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb

ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium

Dunno what resolution the time demos run at, but my desktop resolution is 2560x1600, that is on a Dell 3007WFP 30 Inch.

ok i finally played around with the settings.. using 2AA at 1600x1200 res-everything on full with low on "post ...." option.

i played as far as getting to the part of disabling the satellite dish-which is like 5mins into the game... my questions are:

where are all the fancy effects gone? i know its a demo-but are we likely to see destructable foilage/along with moving foilage as u walk through dense nature? the motion blurr im guessing is gonna be a system killer..

even at these settings; when in combat with intense scenes the fps just drop- since they drop u cant see what your trying to kill and u get killed soo much quickly... :(

ok i finally played around with the settings.. using 2AA at 1600x1200 res-everything on full with low on "post ...." option.

i played as far as getting to the part of disabling the satellite dish-which is like 5mins into the game... my questions are:

where are all the fancy effects gone? i know its a demo-but are we likely to see destructable foilage/along with moving foilage as u walk through dense nature? the motion blurr im guessing is gonna be a system killer..

even at these settings; when in combat with intense scenes the fps just drop- since they drop u cant see what your trying to kill and u get killed soo much quickly... :(

It's there... shoot the tops of trees etc remember this isn't far cry 2 :p

I don't believe a 8500GT can run it that well. Show me some screenshots as proof. You make it sound like it's better than a 8800

hehe that was my thought i have a 8800 640 with 2 gigs of ddr3 1033 and the game slows down for me at times i fined it hard to belive that an 8500 is pushing that kind of FPS

I don't believe a 8500GT can run it that well. Show me some screenshots as proof. You make it sound like it's better than a 8800

hehe I know, is not logical at all, let me make a video or something, because I can max all, take a screenshot and some one say is at 5 fps ..

and yes, FPS keeps going from 12 - 40 on UH but is steady on medium.

Edit: added a second 8500 (SLI) ..... same performance :huh:

I'm getting some pretty bad lag, even in the opening logo videos. I also have the multiplayer beta too and it works great... the graphics in the single player demo are much better though.

Believe him, same specs here (Athlon X2 6000+ instead of Intel) and getting 32 - 55 FPS :)
So, you are telling me that Crysis (Cry Engine 2) run better than FarCry (Cry Engine 1)
AMD Athlon64 FX-60 @ 2900 MHz

Motherboard: Sapphire PC-A9RD580

Memory: 2x 1024MB G.Skill F1-4000BIU2-2GBHV CL3

Harddisk: WD Raptor 360GD 36 GB

farcry_1280_1024.gif

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/G..._8500_GT/1.html

So, you are telling me that Crysis (Cry Engine 2) run better than FarCry (Cry Engine 1)

farcry_1280_1024.gif

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/G..._8500_GT/1.html

Thats what we developers call "code optimization" :D , just finished the demo and is note very playable in UH, but I can get up to 55 fps sometimes believe it or not, time to play 'till the sunrises :woot:

btw, if anyone is looking for a good place to get the demo Gameupdates is the place (Y)

Edited by Draken

15 Fps :(

Runs like crap looks like crap.

E6600 @ 3ghz

8800 GTS 640

2 gig Corsair Dominator

1920 x 1200

Optimal settings (post processing set to low).

I guess 1920 x 1200 kills it :p

Mail, get down to 1280px.

Let see if a stupid 8500GT can really get 55FPS...

:laugh: is cheap but is very smart!!! go try it, be happy, get posts, I'll be playing all night long with my stupid card :) (on medium :rolleyes: )

15 Fps :(

Runs like crap looks like crap.

E6600 @ 3ghz

8800 GTS 640

2 gig Corsair Dominator

1920 x 1200

Optimal settings (post processing set to low).

I guess 1920 x 1200 kills it :p

Sounds like it runs exactly the same as the multiplayer beta that was released in September, if not worse

Some of you guys have to be joking.

You're expecting it to run on good systems at... 1920 x 1200? Are you joking? Quite honestly, I'm amazed you got 15FPS with only a GTS.

I'm running it on XP at 1920 x 1200 and it's very smooth and fast. Tried it on Vista and it was very jerky etc with the same settings. I was using the new NVidia Drivers released today also.

Wow, I'm surprise I was able to run Crysis!

Non tweak version: 95574811zo7.th.png

Tweaked at best: 53480864ot1.th.png

Oh wow I jsut noticed something, I don't have NVIDIA Beta Driver v169.01 installed, I wonder would it make a difference...

Edited by BlackShadow