Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

After playing through the demo, I think it is a retarded system hog and that is for certain.

E4300 @ 3.2GHz

2GB 900MHz DDR2

8800GTX 630/1000

1680x1050

and it still runs pretty damn slow on all high, I can't imagine what it is like on lesser rigs.

What's with the trees in the background?

My settings are pretty much all on "High" now, except Physics which is on Very High and Postprocessing is on Low - This gives me around 40FPS. ( 1920x1200 - NO AA/AF )

Oh, how the hell did you manage to take a screenshot ingame :laugh: Neither Prt Scr or Fraps works for me.

To tell you the truth, if I knew what was going on with the trees, I would let you know. I have that issue with anything after a certain distance turning white like that, it is weird.

I used print screen myself, don't have FRAPS installed on the simple basis of I don't want to see how terrible of an FPS I am getting.

Did anyone tried it with 7600GT, I hate spending 300-500 on a card right now just for one game.

My Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz

4 Gig DDR2 800

7600GT (Not O/C)

P5W Deluxe

1680x1050 DVI

Vista Ultimate

Edited by Neo003

Check out my system specs below in my sig. The game is less than 20 FPS even when postprocessing is set to low. I just got this new PC and this game hardly even runs smoothly on medium settings..nooooo

Edited by Hanif

well, another vista let down. 1920x1200 on my 8800GTS OC2, 17fps..... even with low post processing

here's a tip tho, i switched to my xp partition, 1920x1200, everything on high, 30+ fps.. go figure

i'm trying really hard to stick with vista but it appears to be holding back my videocard pretty badly. Every recent game is running considerably slower under vista then there's the lack of hardware direct sound; Alchemy sometimes produces strange results depending on the game. Someone remind me, why did we need vista again? :huh:

Using the new 169.01 Drivers:

Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2GB DDR2, 8800GTS Superclocked

Runs fine with everything on high, but like MichaelBL said, postprocessing destroys your FPS. Turn it to low and you'll see a huge improvement.

We have the same system specs. How did you get yours to run with everything high with postprocessing set to low?

My system: 8800gtx overclocked a little, Core 6700@3.0Ghz, 4 gig of ram, 24"Benq. Vista 32 bit.

First there is noway I will miss out on buying this game, I think it is great. This is the type of game that needs to be developed and pushed out to us. It should force the hardware makers to build better, faster and hopefully cheaper products to run a game with this much detail. Also it should push Nvidia and Microsoft for better drivers and a lot more DX10 tweaking.

I get 24-28fps during game play with everything set to "high", drops to 15-20fps set to very high. Even so it is playable and almost smooth at these fps. The detail is outstanding and I think once I learn all the different ways to control the suit and get the controls set up to my liking this will be a super game for me. Sure it is beta and I know there will be updates but this seems to be the next step in gaming (at least for me) for FPS games.

I plan to load it on Vista 64 soon to see how it works.

wolfie

After playing through the demo, I think it is a retarded system hog and that is for certain.

E4300 @ 3.2GHz

2GB 900MHz DDR2

8800GTX 630/1000

1680x1050

and it still runs pretty damn slow on all high, I can't imagine what it is like on lesser rigs.

...duh.

Every few years there's a game exactly like this. A game that can't be run at the highest settings on current hardware.

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with that and as long as the game is fun start to finish I'll play it each time I get a new video card to see what it can do.

As for the Vista issue, this game is one of the worst when it comes to performance drop. There has to be something up in he drivers or game code cause this isn't normal most games run similarly.

Anyone with vista and xp, could we get exact benchmarks on how it performs on both? (also, just wondering, if you have a DX10 card and your running vista, does it force itself to run in DX10, or can you set it to DX9? Cos if it forces DX10, that could be the reason for the performance hit).

C2D E6400

2 GB RAM

8800GTS 640 - in a PCIe 4x slot.

Vista Ultimate

1680x1050, no AA, 4x AF, all settings on high with post processing on medium. Using latest NVIDIA drivers.

I'm probably getting 25-30 fps which is playable for me. It seems that some people with higher end hardware have some kind of performance conflict with the game.

C2D E6600

2GB RAM

8800 GTX

1600x1050

In XP an only getting 15-25 FPS on High settings.

Vista, ran for 10 mins and crashed :(

Think I may have old/ish drivers. Will update now and see if it makes much difference.

Game looks good and I love the water :) Weapons seem a little poor so far.... But still cant wait to play the full single player.

i can confirm that it's around 30fps in xp, whereas i was getting ~17fps in vista.

what a superb game it is!... :woot: hopefully they'll tweak the post processing issues!

i can confirm that it's around 30fps in xp, whereas i was getting ~17fps in vista.

Cheers

any idea if the game forces DX10 when in vista with a DX10 GPU available? I have read that it does, but I'm not sure how legit that is. Cos if so, that could well be the cause of the differences.