Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

Just found my new settings!

I kept wanting to have Postprocessing enabled, since it makes the lighting look awesome.

So my settings were 1920x1200 - Every setting on High, PP on Low, Shadows on Medium and i got around 25 FPS Average.

Changed the res. to another 16:10, 1600x1050 and upped PP to Very High - Game runs at a steady 35 - 40 FPS Average now and still looks awesome! Specially the new lightning effects ... Resolution was my killer.

Just found my new settings!

I kept wanting to have Postprocessing enabled, since it makes the lighting look awesome.

So my settings were 1920x1200 - Every setting on High, PP on Low, Shadows on Medium and i got around 25 FPS Average.

Changed the res. to another 16:10, 1600x1050 and upped PP to Very High - Game runs at a steady 35 - 40 FPS Average now and still looks awesome! Specially the new lightning effects ... Resolution was my killer.

Yea resolution seems to make a diff.

I can run it at 2560x1600 (my native) with everything on High, no AA/AF, PP on low and get about 24FPS. If I drop it down to 1280x720 I can feel the FPS double.

Yeah, just got back from playing ... Oh my god! The Godrays Postprocessing is adding looks so great, game feels about 40% better at a steady 40 FPS ( Well, anything above 30 and steady ) It really ruins the game when the FPS is below 30 imo.

When i enable sli in the Nvidia control panel and run crysis the game flickers and there is a green bar down the side of the screen. Anyone else got this problem and a fix?

post-114190-1193587386_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbrunt1990

When i enable sli in the Nvidia control panel and run crysis the game flickers and there is a green bar down the side of the screen. Anyone else got this problem and a fix?

I dont have SLi but my PC did that if i ran the 64bit DX10 version, i could only run the 64bit in DX9 mode.

Yup, it tends to occasionally stutter every so often, i dunno why tho :s

That is generally an issue to do with the computer struggling to keep up, especially in the CPU/RAM area. Happens a hell of a lot in games like Rainbow Six: Vegas.

It does run on my Athlon XP 3000+, 1GB RAM and 7600GT. But only just. Near enough everything on low at 800x600 yields a playable frame rate (its fine at 1024x768 aswell, but it gets to laggy in firefights)

Damn I've been looking at screenshots of people playing it with their DX10 cards, and I'm here playing it on all medium DX9. :( I love the physics, but nothing is all that exciting about the game. Once you get over the punching down buildings part... It's just another shooter. The most fun I had was shooting people in the ass with the tranquiliser darts and watching them flail around before slumping to the ground. :laugh:

Damn I've been looking at screenshots of people playing it with their DX10 cards, and I'm here playing it on all medium DX9. :( I love the physics, but nothing is all that exciting about the game. Once you get over the punching down buildings part... It's just another shooter. The most fun I had was shooting people in the ass with the tranquiliser darts and watching them flail around before slumping to the ground. :laugh:

I've ran through the demo a few times.

There's a tranq. gun? :|

I've ran through the demo a few times.

There's a tranq. gun? :|

It's the special attachment for both assault rifles. You put on the special attachment (same tier as what the flashlight is on), then you press X untill the fire mode changes to the tranquiliser dart. Then aim and shoot and watch 'em flail :)

(Be warned, they wake up again after a while, so either keep moving or shoot them in the head lol)

It's the special attachment for both assault rifles. You put on the special attachment (same tier as what the flashlight is on), then you press X untill the fire mode changes to the tranquiliser dart. Then aim and shoot and watch 'em flail :)

(Be warned, they wake up again after a while, so either keep moving or shoot them in the head lol)

I don't see the tranq. option :|

I dont have SLi but my PC did that if i ran the 64bit DX10 version, i could only run the 64bit in DX9 mode.

Im running 32bit and it happens on both the DX10 and DX9 game. IT runs fine with SLI off but i want it on as one 8600GT is crap compared to two.

Press C to bring up the weapon options.
Attach 'Tactical attachment', then cycle through firemodes, burst -> single shot -> tranq.

(Y)

I always have that enabled but I had no idea what it did :p

you can disable that in the nvidia control panel

under the 3D Settings menu, disable Show SLI visual indicators

Just went through the game with EVERYTHING set on high on my 7300GS with TUrbocache disabled and got 10FPS LOL@!

Dang, that surprises me. I'd expect it to be in single frames.

It was playable on low on my laptop, but I'd think I'd need more RAM due to the video card sharing RAM for it to run smooth.

Im running:

Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit

Amd Athalon Dualcore 4200+

ATI X1300

3Gigs of ram

not exactly top spec i know, got it for ?600 off dell in december... and this runc Crysis, low settings mind, but it runs fine, and with no slowdown or any jutters in framerate or sound, think i will buy this game when its out