Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

Btw : Crysis does infact support multi-core.

Open up Game.log and check the lines at the top.

--- CPU detection ---

Total number of logical processors: 2

Number of available logical processors: 2

Processor 0:

CPU: Intel Intel® Core2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz

Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 6

FPU: On-Chip

CPU Speed (estimated): 3399.962660 MHz

MMX: not present

SSE: present

3DNow!: not present

Serial number not present or disabled

Processor 1:

CPU: Intel Intel® Core2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz

Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 6

FPU: On-Chip

CPU Speed (estimated): 3399.957013 MHz

MMX: not present

SSE: present

3DNow!: not present

Serial number not present or disabled

Total number of system cores: 2

Number of cores available to process: 2

2 Questions

1. I have a vista partition and an xp one, does this demo support DX10, or would it just be the same for both.

2. When I went to the video settings first thing and it put everything on medium right off the bat and I can't choose very high. I have an 8800GTX and an Intel Q6600 non-overclocked 2.4ghz, I've been thinking of OC'ing it, but you guys think the processor is not letting me choose very high?

To do very high you need to be in DX10 mode, and yes the demo has both dx9 and 10. It should automatically boot in dx10 on vista with a supported card but if it doesn't you can right click the shortcut in games explorer and choose it.

demo was eh, running it at medium at 1440x900 even gave me stutters, they need to optimize this.

To some degree I think they wanted this game to murder many current computers. It's certainly doing more than anything else graphically effect-wise.

demo was eh, running it at medium at 1440x900 even gave me stutters, they need to optimize this.

Sounds like a possibly RAM issue. Stuttering is usually caused by in-game loading of textures, sounds etc.

To some degree I think they wanted this game to murder many current computers. It's certainly doing more than anything else graphically effect-wise.

if that's the case, they are idiots and don't really wanna see many copies of the game.

Sounds like a possibly RAM issue. Stuttering is usually caused by in-game loading of textures, sounds etc.

it's not actually stuttering, just the framerate sucks.

The game still looks pretty good in medium, but UT3 looks better on my system and runs better.

Quick question -- does anyone else have the problem of whenever you turn AA on it sets shaders to high? I want to see how bad AA affects my FPS, but everytime I enable it, it sets shaders to high. And when I turn shaders to low, it turns AA off again... do shaders have to be on high for AA to be enabled? If so, that'd suck...

My middle mouse button doesn't work either, but it usually doesn't in games (I have a Logitech MX900 Bluetooth mouse). This is the keyboard arrangment that I used: Q - Suit Options, E - Use/Action, R - Reload, F - Weapon Melee Attack, Z - Prone, X - Change

You need to go into the Logitech Set Point control panel, or in Mouse properties and set the middle button to "Standard Button" and take it off of what Logitech sets it to by default.

Btw guys.

A mutli-core application has to be coded from the ground up. It's not something they just decide to patch on after the demo. If there's no multi-core now there's a good chance it wont be in the retail version either.

pwned.

Makes me wonder if these performance problems are going to be fixed before RTM. But they are running out of time if the game is meant to be boxed and on sale on November 15th.

It's probably already complete, and probably already being put on disc/boxed...

And I would guess a lot of the performance problems may be driver related.. HENCE the beta driver specifically released by Nvidia for the Crysis Demo.

Here's a fact: The Godrays in the game looks amazing! :D

Screenshots? Can't be buggered to reinstall the game and look just yet :p

169.02 Drivers are out..

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

# Beta driver for GeForce FX, 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.

# Recommended driver for Crysis single player game demo.

# Several game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.

Haven't installed them yet.

That's not DirectX 10. How could it be if you can't even install the runtimes on Windows XP?

I think what he is meaning to say is..... the visuals rival DX10 in DX9 mode with those tweaks.

No, it doesn't. It probably enables higher quality textures and shader model. You will not get any geometry deformation (the rocks in the ground texture actually stand out in DX 10 - there is no way, to my knowledge, that this effect can work in DX 9.

The main thing that tweak adds to DX9 is the godrays, that's about it.

Anyways, it looks like the Vista performance issue really is a bug. Just simply running the game in XP compatibility mode boosts the framerate, and though I don't have a DX10 card it supposedly even still allows that to be enabled.

So what spec would you need to run this game at ultra high settings with 16x AA at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 with a fps of >30?

SLI/Crossfire of a video card that doesnt exist.

ugg, i just installed 169.01 yesterday and now .02 are out.

SLI/Crossfire of a video card that doesnt exist.

ugg, i just installed 169.01 yesterday and now .02 are out.

But surely there is a pair of graphics cards out what can handle that spec? isn't a lot of the data rendered at the cpu and not the gpu with dx10? Yeah i know the feeling, i downloaded 169.01 yesterday too, what are the chances that 169.03 will be out before you know it!

But surely there is a pair of graphics cards out what can handle that spec? isn't a lot of the data rendered at the cpu and not the gpu with dx10?

No, obviously.