Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

But surely there is a pair of graphics cards out what can handle that spec? isn't a lot of the data rendered at the cpu and not the gpu with dx10?

I doubt even SLI GTX Ultra's could handle that w/ 16xAA and AF or whatever he suggested, at that resolution, DX10, and all settings on Very High.

I'm running a duo core 1.8 with 2 gig of ram and an NVidia 8800 320 edition (I couldn't afford the 512 at the time of purchase) on XP.

Resolution: 1440x900.

It runs beautifully with everything on Medium, but once I crank everything to high, things just start to slug down. :(

I'm running Crysis on High everything at 1400x900 and it runs like a dream. I haven't been able to checkout the FPS (don't know the console command), but it certainly feels like its over 30 - 40fps most the time. It never lags or stutters even under heavy action.

Did I add the graphics are frigging awesome! :D

i tried last night w/ 16x10, everything on Very High, DX10, no AA, Shadows Medium... slideshow. it was like 10-15fps. Tried High settings, same. Tried Medium... barely playable and got pwnd b/c i couldnt aim fast enough. im going to lower the resolution way down to like 10x7 and try to tweak the settings. i have to see what the best combo of settings and resolution is going to be.

Need some feedback, having a bit of a ( Rather one-sided ) Argument with a bloke on another forum.

He says he is able to run the Crysis Demo at High Settings ( Everything ) In 1920x1200 and it runs amazing, with these specs.

HP Compaq Mobile Workstation 8710w - Core 2 Duo T7700 / 2.4 GHz - Centrino Pro - RAM 2 GB - HDD 120 GB - Quadro FX 1600M - Win XP Pro - 17" Widescreen TFT 1920 x 1200 ( WUXGA )

Am i the only one thinking major bull? I mean, people with 8800's are struggling to get a decent frame rate at settings lower than that.

The main thing that tweak adds to DX9 is the godrays, that's about it.

Anyways, it looks like the Vista performance issue really is a bug. Just simply running the game in XP compatibility mode boosts the framerate, and though I don't have a DX10 card it supposedly even still allows that to be enabled.

What is the deal with the term "godrays" lately... it sounds ignorant.

What is the deal with the term "godrays" lately... it sounds ignorant.

Well, that's what I've heard them been called in various games by developers over the years, so i figured "Hey, they must be right"

Need some feedback, having a bit of a ( Rather one-sided ) Argument with a bloke on another forum.

He says he is able to run the Crysis Demo at High Settings ( Everything ) In 1920x1200 and it runs amazing, with these specs.

HP Compaq Mobile Workstation 8710w - Core 2 Duo T7700 / 2.4 GHz - Centrino Pro - RAM 2 GB - HDD 120 GB - Quadro FX 1600M - Win XP Pro - 17" Widescreen TFT 1920 x 1200 ( WUXGA )

Am i the only one thinking major bull? I mean, people with 8800's are struggling to get a decent frame rate at settings lower than that.

Thats BS, because the Quadro FX cards are not really and faster then any regular cards, they just have a programmable GPU.

See Here - http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro...00M.2130.0.html

"This is a professional video card for notebooks from NVidia It is based on 7900GTX.

The application performance is very good due to special professional drivers (3D rendering, CAD), but the gaming performance is weaker. With modded drivers, it should work like a 7900GTX."

BTW thats for the 2500M, the 1600M is worse obviously in performance.

Thats BS, because the Quadro FX cards are not really and faster then any regular cards, they just have a programmable GPU.

See Here - http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro...00M.2130.0.html

"This is a professional video card for notebooks from NVidia It is based on 7900GTX.

The application performance is very good due to special professional drivers (3D rendering, CAD), but the gaming performance is weaker. With modded drivers, it should work like a 7900GTX."

BTW thats for the 2500M, the 1600M is worse obviously in performance.

Yeah, linked to the exact same site, but you know those very persistent people you know who are lying? ... Typical.

And Budious, you are way too sensitive, damn!

Or some troll who has to pop into a thread and say.

There's always some atheistic troll wanting to dispel any use of "god" terminology... just ignore them.
Yeah, linked to the exact same site, but you know those very persistent people you know who are lying? ... Typical.

And Budious, you are way too sensitive, damn!

Yea it's probably one of those fights you won't win, so I wouldn't even bother. The guy obviously is jealous that he can hardly get 5FPS... I'm sure.

Oh yeah :laugh:

Still very anxious to hear further about the "Crysis only using one core" claim, kinda hope It's true, great to look forward to higher FPS and improved settings.

completely lying.

I turned off all AA and now Crysis is running at 1680x1050 smooth enough for quality play. I guess future NVidia drivers will sort out more performance optimisations.

what other settings? did you see my post on the previous page? 16x10 wasnt even smooth w/ Medium settings on my 8800GTS.

1400x1050 on a 7900GTX, have to run medium-low to get it going smoothly (i.e. > 30FPS).

Pretty disappointing.

Also, yes, the game appears to only use one core (total CPU utilisation never goes over ~55% on mine)

Crysis runs pretty smooth on High max resolution for me, there is a considerable amount of lag when shooting though.

I have a DX10 card and Vista. Which option do I change in-game to enable the godrays and what do I set it to?

You'll get those with the very high settings.

If it isn't running in DX10 mode right click the shortcut and you'll see a DX10 option.

Which setting in particular do I have to set to Very High, though?

EDIT: Figured it out. Shaders Quality and Postprocessing Quality need to be set to Very High to enable the godrays.

Edited by King Mustard

Which setting in particular do I have to set to Very High, though?

EDIT: Figured it out. Shaders Quality and Postprocessing Quality need to be set to Very High to enable the godrays.

Good thing you figured it out cause I had no idea, I still have a 7800 GT ;)

Good thing you figured it out cause I had no idea, I still have a 7800 GT ;)

Slow as hell though (X2 4200+, 2 GB RAM, 8800 GTS (169.02 betas) @ 1280x1024), even if everything else to set to slow.

I'm happy with everything at Medium apart from Shadow Detail which I keep to Low and Water Detail which I set to High.