Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

Only Postprocessing needs to be at Very High

Nope. Having Shaders Quality set to medium and Postprocessing set to Very High produced no godrays.

Just meant, you said Shaders had to be set to very high, which is not necessary - High will do ( Also a much better performance option, Very High shaders kills my system )

Just meant, you said Shaders had to be set to very high, which is not necessary - High will do ( Also a much better performance option, Very High shaders kills my system )

I'll try Shaders Quality at High and Postprocessing at Very High (Y)

I am running mine on an overclocked Athlon1700+ (2.0G) , 1G Ram and ATI X800 Pro.

I have to say, I can only play at the lowest settings, but it is still playable. And I haven't had this much fun playing a game since Deus Ex.!

wow it was seriously messed up for me when i played

I turned everything on med even though it reccomended low :p :$

i had sort of a duplication of the screen in the top right, the opening cut scene my plane was see through, and when it went to the inside the only thing i could see was the peoples eyes everything else had a lot of artifacts.

pc spec is a AMD dual core 3800+, 2GB DDR pc3200 and a 7800GT wth 512MB of RAM so its not a "bad" pc just not anything special. I've had something similar with WiC beta too :(

wow it was seriously messed up for me when i played

I turned everything on med even though it reccomended low :p :$

i had sort of a duplication of the screen in the top right, the opening cut scene my plane was see through, and when it went to the inside the only thing i could see was the peoples eyes everything else had a lot of artifacts.

pc spec is a AMD dual core 3800+, 2GB DDR pc3200 and a 7800GT wth 512MB of RAM so its not a "bad" pc just not anything special. I've had something similar with WiC beta too :(

Make sure you are running the newest DirectX 9.0c build (November 2007) and have done a clean install of the latest NVIDIA ForceWare drivers, which at the time of this post, was v169.04. Hopefully the combination of those will fix any graphical glitches and bugs you may be having.

I played the demo twice yesterday, it was just that good. I really wasn't expecting anything special from this game, other than eye candy, but I was totally wrong. The game is so much more than a tech demo of their engine. I'm going to buy more ram and a new gfx card just to run this game at maxed settings :D

You can't buy a card today that will play Crysis at maxed settings - I have a 8800 GTX 768 Mb card and I get 20 FPS with everything on high, and at 1600 X 1050 resolution.

If you want to play this with maxed settings, I would advise you to wait until nVidia releases their next line of graphics cards.

I can't believe they might kill a game like this if it ships with these problems. The performance is horrible. I have to try it in SLI with 2 8800GTSs but this is absolutely unacceptable. They can make it look stunning but if it runs 15fps then it's completely unsable.

I hope they clean this up before it goes gold.

I can't believe they might kill a game like this if it ships with these problems. The performance is horrible. I have to try it in SLI with 2 8800GTSs but this is absolutely unacceptable. They can make it look stunning but if it runs 15fps then it's completely unsable.

You can always turn down the graphics...

I'm actually glad they are making it for the future cards - that way, it will look great 3 years from now. Look at HL2 - it still looks good today

"...kill a game..." I don't think so.

The vast majority of gamers have low-end video hardware and play games at relatively low resolution. Take a look at the Steam hardware survey. http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

Most have < 1GB RAM

Most play at 4:3 aspect ratio

28% still have an AGP video card

Only 1.19% have more than one video card

Over 1/3 of gamers have a CRT monitor at 1024x768

~58% use onboard audio

Only 2.31% have a fully DX10 compatible system

The sample size is 1092762 people.

The survey ran from May 31, 2007 to August 21, 2007.

You can always turn down the graphics...

I'm actually glad they are making it for the future cards - that way, it will look great 3 years from now. Look at HL2 - it still looks good today

why should we have to turn down the eye candy when all the makers have to do is tweak there code from the sounds of it

why should we have to turn down the eye candy when all the makers have to do is tweak there code from the sounds of it

From the sounds of what?

You don't think CryTek would have done that already if it were really that simple?

I think some people like to live vicariously through their computer hardware.

From the sounds of what?

You don't think CryTek would have done that already if it were really that simple?

i would hope so but then again company's do some stupid **** we all seen that .

i stad by mt statement Why should we have to turn down the settings

at the games current state i wont pay for it ill drop my preorder and download it

"...kill a game..." I don't think so.

I'm sorry but it is not acceptable when the current high end cards cannot run a game at a decent speed. I mean really, my 8800 GTS 640 overclocked to above GTX speeds can barely handle the game at high, 1680x1050, no AA where it pushes around 25 fps average. That's rather pathetic for an expensive high end card, especially when games like Bioshock look nearly as good while running twice as fast.

I think the problem is simply Crytek being overly aggressive in trying to render an entire island all at once.

I'm sorry but it is not acceptable when the current high end cards cannot run a game at a decent speed. I mean really, my 8800 GTS 640 overclocked to above GTX speeds can barely handle the game at high, 1680x1050, no AA where it pushes around 25 fps average. That's rather pathetic for an expensive high end card, especially when games like Bioshock look nearly as good while running twice as fast.

I think the problem is simply Crytek being overly aggressive in trying to render an entire island all at once.

I'm sorry your video card isn't fast enough - really, I am. Maybe you should have gotten the 8800 Ultra?

What you're asking for is for CryTek to intentionally cripple the in-game visuals just because you aren't happy with the game's performance. The video card market has sucked over the last 6 months but that shouldn't stifle game innovation.

I'm sorry your video card isn't fast enough - really, I am. Maybe you should have gotten the 8800 Ultra?

What you're asking for is for CryTek to intentionally cripple the in-game visuals just because you aren't happy with the game's performance. The video card market has sucked over the last 6 months but that shouldn't stifle game innovation.

Very well said.

You can't buy a card today that will play Crysis at maxed settings - I have a 8800 GTX 768 Mb card and I get 20 FPS with everything on high, and at 1600 X 1050 resolution.

If you want to play this with maxed settings, I would advise you to wait until nVidia releases their next line of graphics cards.

You don't really have to wait until the next line of high-end GPUs; although it is unsupported in the demo, I think that SLI and CrossFire will be the saving grace for Crysis performance. I personally plan on buying DFI's RD790-based motherboard in December, along with a Phenom X4/FX (depending on if the FX makes it out this year) and three (yes, three) of ATI's upcoming RV670 cards. The current rumor now is that RV670 XT (the one at 825MHz core) is only gonna be priced at $199 due to its inferior performance to the GeForce 8800 GT. That means that three of them in CrossFire X will only cost marginally more then a single GeForce 8800 GTX, and less then a single GeForce 8800 Ultra. Just so long as ATI (along with NVIDIA) get their multi-GPU drivers working properly and efficiently in Crysis, I should be in for one helluva experience. :D

I agree completely. And another thing: go out and find any recent video card review that includes Far Cry. Now look at the framerates; seriously look at them. Far Cry had horrendous performance when it first released, but even now, the framerates you get are less then or equal to such recent games as Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Prey, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, and even Bioshock. What I am getting at is that the performance in Crysis should not have been unexpected. Crytek's CryENGINE, 1.0 and now 2.0, are known for their visuals; not their performance.