Crysis Single Player Demo Released!

Yep, plus it wasn't sluggish or anything, espiecally during battles and big explsions hehe, so I guess Crytek have done a great job on letting weak graphic cards run great on it. BTW, I saw one funky glitch though, I tranquilized two enemies on the boat and somehow the boat was still driving by itself xD.

**EDIT**

I wanna continue where the demo left off! Must....buy.....Crysis.....

15-20 FPS @ 1440x900

SLI 8xAA

8xAF

High Quality

specs in sig

...except not overclocked anymore

running at stock speeds

also did not upgrade to the newest drivers yet

kinda tired tonite

i'll get around to it tomorrow

Just for fun I set high settings on my 7800GT (Q6600 and 4GB of RAM so that GPU is my weak link), man does this game murder it. Looks great but it's like 10 frames a second at best.

Edit: Ran some timedemos thanks to phiberoptik.

First I tried all high settings at 1024x768

CPU: 7.08

GPU: 7.83

Now I click 'Optimal Settings', which chooses low for everything for me

CPU: 52.81

GPU: 59.74

Decided to test medium

CPU: 17.40

GPU: 19.23

Those are all the average framerate. The low CPU test is especially funny cause the buildings don't even get blow apart.

Edited by Danrarbc

Riiiiiight 8800GTX, Core 2 Quad, 2GB RAM. Poor frame rates. Guess my rig finally met it's match.
Go buy a 8500GT to replace that crap 8800GTX! :rofl:

just playing around went to see what would happen if set it all high and 4x AA surprisingly came off being the best looking and easiest to play though when a ton of action flares up it drops down to the teens as usual :)

csswy9.th.jpg

still some shader model 3 objects in shader model 2 paths but it's livable i can't wait for full game :D

Edited by Digix

Can anyone else not run the DX10 version, it loads but just sits at the warning screen.

ok i finally played around with the settings.. using 2AA at 1600x1200 res-everything on full with low on "post ...." option.

i played as far as getting to the part of disabling the satellite dish-which is like 5mins into the game... my questions are:

where are all the fancy effects gone? i know its a demo-but are we likely to see destructable foilage/along with moving foilage as u walk through dense nature? the motion blurr im guessing is gonna be a system killer..

even at these settings; when in combat with intense scenes the fps just drop- since they drop u cant see what your trying to kill and u get killed soo much quickly... :(

You need to run DX10 version for destructable environment, all the fancy effects dissapear when you turn Post Processing to low like you have done.

I don't believe you for one sec.

ohh come on my processor is only 0.3 below yours and i have the 8500GT (512) and there is no friggin way you can have it on ultra high!!

Go buy a 8500GT to replace that crap 8800GTX! :rofl:

excuse me but not all of us can afford your type on gfx card, i have to work had for my money, please dont call my card stupid, have i ever slagged your system specs off? no, so why do it to me?

The game runs very very well on low at 1280x1024, which if i can do that then im a happy camper, yes its not the best res, but it whas i like to play at, i feel that you have a dig at ALL people with lower end cards that you in this thread, so may i suggest that you back off and get back on topic?

Lol don't take it too personally will you.

I have no intention of even trying this on my system, I just think this is one aspect of PC gaming that I really dislike. In order to fully appreciate this game I'm going to have to wait until it's not the latest and greatest on the market or spend thousands on new hardware.

Just been playing around on the demo and i am at a loss as to why my controls seem to 'lock up', for example i am running and strafing yet when i release the keys i continue to strafe for around 15 seconds or even longer and the only way to combat this is to hold the opposite key down until i start moving the other way and then release that. It seems to be happening with any movement command the strafing above was just one example of the problem, another time i was stuck in the prone position for quite a while since the game refused to let me stop crawling around and another time it decided to keep me running whilst i had the suit selection power screen on with nothing selectable.

My Specs are

AMD Athlon 64 3500+

Asus A8V Deluxe

ATi x800 Pro 256MB

1GB DDR RAM

Settings for Crysis

1360x768

Everything on Low except for Textures and Objects Detail which is set to medium.

Frame rate stays pretty constant and the game is not lagging when the controls lock because all the soldiers continue their movements just as normal and the screen refreshes perfectly.

Anyone got any ideas as to what could be happening?

Jelli:

ive had that little bug as well, but i managed to get out of it by bringing up the nanosuit command and then releasing it, maybe that will work for you

i will try your settings and see how i get on, im running on 1024x768 atm, but i was thinking last night of bumping it upto 1280 to see how is coped

Yeah i managed to release it sometimes by doing the exact opposite of the command it locks on for example crouch and prone would sometimes require a jump, other times it wouldn't jump at all and just stay stuck.

I did try pretty much everything under the sun including the nanosuit command window but if it gets stuck on that god help you because i couldn't find a way of releasing that one, it did that to me whilst i was facing 3 Koreans, needless to say Me + Nanosuit Command Window < 3 Koreans with guns.

Shame really because it runs really well at those settings and resolution.

O M G This game is fluffy incredible! I played on medium just to get an idea and thought it looked amazing, but then I switched to high just to see how it looks...OMG! Its amazing! Its the most realistic game I have ever played. The HDR, vegetation and the quality are simply stunning! I have c2d, 2gigs ram and a 7950gx2. The game runs OK on med. I can't wait to play it in DX10, ultra high settings and an Nvidia 9800GTX. It looks amazing, but to think it can look ANY better, is out of this frigging world...."deep breaths"

I am speechless.......

Just a quick update on my situation, i decided to give the demo another go and loaded a save file and played through the game without any key lock ups so i presume that i load of a save file fixes it.

The game is fine, gameplay is ok. Graphics set on med, some settings on high, no aa&af.

I've played this game yesterday night and got a few artifacts while playing; it's just like flickering polygons flying all around the screen (looks just like this). The temp was 74-75*C (monitoring from Everest and RivaTuner).

I have latest nVidia beta drivers. My other games are working fine: ValveOrangebox, MoHA, 3D Mark06 runs without problems too.

I am confused :unsure:

@raider360

I had the same problem with another game, i found just pausing the game then going back to it fixed it. As my card was not overheating.

I'm still downloading the demo.

I hope it runs nice on high settings and at 1920x1200 on my system, it should do but after the beta i'm not holding out much hope.

E6700

8800GTX O/C'd

2GB Ram

X-Fi Elite Pro

Vista Ultimate 64bit