November 2007 Desktops

I never realized that So many Windows users imitate the OSX desktop

Yep. There's a lot of them, but thank got I'm not. I hate OSX and will do NOTHING to imitate it...

What about now? :(

Yep. Don't change anything because I don't like it. Whatever you like use. I'm just saying I wouldn't use it. (This is because of that old looking window on the right... What is it?)

lol vista-man is the new desktop critic

Lol! Should I stop? People wanted input and nobody was giving it, so I thought I would.

Is this better, vista-man?

novdesktoptm5.th.png

How do you get those arrows under your icon on the Dock?

Mine

ep3 = as in the AOL program?

---

I updated my desktop, just going around and seeing what I like so far.

desktopce5.png

Dock: RocketDock

Are those Idle times in your buddy list? I have mine enabled but they never show.

And why so much ppl use foobar, what's wrong with wmp?? :p

I'm not sure about the idle times. I suppose if none of your buddies have idle time reporting enabled, then you'd never see one.

Windows Media Player works great in my opinion, but Foobar gives users alot more power to customize. Also, foobar has many great quality user made plugins that can basically do nearly everything you could want. (great working audioScrobbler plugin is a big one)

Back on XP, I always hated how WMP never matched the visual style of the rest of the operating system. I generally don't use programs that don't follow the system theme if I can avoid it.

Interesting note. After switching to Vista, Media Player Classic now drops frames like mad (using CCCP), so I started using WMP (with the CCCP codecs of course)

How do you get those arrows under your icon on the Dock?

It's an option in ObjectDock. It should be set defaultly, but if not, go into the dock properties and under the "Effects" Tab at the bottom, there is an option to enable 'Currently Running' indicators and select what they look like.