Zune 80

You mean if you stopped paying, or for some reason the service disappeared, none of your music will work anymore? That sucks. Hard. I wouldn't use a subscription based service for that very reason alone. :no: I like to know my music is mine once I've paid for it, that's why I love CD's. I'll only ever download DRM free music, and none of this 128kbps rubbish.

well as long as the software and the player don't sync the license, you can play the music indefinitely. with my Zune 30, i used the 14-day trial and didn't connect the player to the pc for about a month after, and i was still playing the music. it was only after i synced some additional tunes to it that i got a license expired message on the player itself.

i ended up buying the songs/albums and used fair4use on them. this is not piracy as i did legally pay for them. i do miss the zune pass though, as now browsing the marketplace, you can only listen to 30 second clips as opposed to hearing the entire song. the zune pass really redefines "try before you buy" for me, but for others who don't mind the $15/mo. this is excellent!

iPod owner here...

Want a Zune. (Apart from the fact that it might not work so well with my MBP :/)

Honestly? Its not a bad looking player at all. (Hardware AND software)

If you want to use a Zune with a MBP, you'll have to get Windows first. The Zune will not work on a Mac at all. Someone has managed to see the contents of a Zune in Mac, but that's as good as it gets.

I've heard that there were some issues with the scroll pad where it would pick up inputs that weren't necessarily intended. Have you noticed this, at all?

Man, when will they finally start selling them outside of the US? I'd get a 4 or 8GB version right now, just to have my most fav songs on. Since I have alot of music (not all of it ripped yet) even the 80GB isn't enough. I need a 200GB player at the least if I want all my music on it.

I've heard that there were some issues with the scroll pad where it would pick up inputs that weren't necessarily intended. Have you noticed this, at all?

A few times, like I would put it into my pocket and it would pick up some form of touching the pad as "Go to next song" which I didn't intend. Normally this is no issue, it's only happened a few times.

A few times, like I would put it into my pocket and it would pick up some form of touching the pad as "Go to next song" which I didn't intend. Normally this is no issue, it's only happened a few times.

there's no lock? even my nano does this if i don't lock it before i drop it in my pocket. the worst is when the volume gets jacked real loud, learned that lesson well...

there's no lock? even my nano does this if i don't lock it before i drop it in my pocket. the worst is when the volume gets jacked real loud, learned that lesson well...

Oh there is a lock, I just didn't have it on. Lock or hold works great on it.

i read on some site a fix to the hibernate issue. i was having this problem also.

OK heres what i did to fix it and IT WORKED!!

you have to let your battery die all the way down till u get that icon on ur zune screen.

then charge it all the way up till its fully charged

next unplug it and hold down on the back and up buttons until it resets

and thats it.

i was dying having to charge my zune all the time because of this issue. once i did this it made it back to normal.

hope this helps for anyone with the issue

Does anyone know if you can get like a remote for it? So i can keep it in the pocket and change song/volume without having to get the player out? I tried looking for one but can't find one. Here's what i'm liking/disliking about the zune so far:

+ larger screen than the iPod

+ good storage size

+ wi-fi

+ built in FM tuner

- battery problems

- battery life not as good as the iPod classic

- lack of remote (possibly)

- not available here

- possibly fidgety controls

If anyone can resolve any of my dislikes, i'd be really happy and i might consider getting a Zune 80.

- battery problems

I've never really experienced battery problems before, and I'm using the old Zune 30.

True there, but the iPod Classic is older than the Zune, and they've worked on it more, so they've been able to improve issues it used to have.

No, you can get a special accessory kit for it. I don't know much about it, but you can find out more on the Zune site.

- not available here

Yeah, that is a bummer, but always remember, eBay is your friend! :)

It's the best of both worlds, to be honest. It's the old Zune 30 and the Creative Zen Touch rolled into one. To my knowledge, it's the first player to ever have touch-sensitive controls and button controls for the same thing.

Does anyone know if you can get like a remote for it? So i can keep it in the pocket and change song/volume without having to get the player out? I tried looking for one but can't find one. Here's what i'm liking/disliking about the zune so far:

+ larger screen than the iPod

+ good storage size

+ wi-fi

+ built in FM tuner

- battery problems

- not available here

If anyone can resolve any of my dislikes, i'd be really happy and i might consider getting a Zune 80.

can't you just use the remote for the zune 30 that came out. The one with two headphone jacks on it?

Darn Amazon.com will not ship it to Canada and there are no electronics on Amazon.ca

$250 is a wicked price for 80gb.

Where would be the best bet to find one in stock before the holidays? I'm wondering if the Zune Originals would make it in time, I like some of that artwork. :ermm:

In stock? Ha joking right? Eh, you probably could find something on Amazon or eBay. You can usually find the 4GB and 8GB versions all over the place (Local CD/Music shops, Best Buy, CompUSA, etc)

What comes in the box? Also does it seem like it needs a case?

In the box you get a Zune, headphones (premium headphones with Zune 80), USB cord, a manual, and quick guide. I was surprised to see no CD, guess everyone has internet these days, eh?

Well I got mine from Zune Originals (the free artwork engraving on the back) late last week and it came only 3-4 days later! Who would have thought that getting it directly from MS with free engraving would be one of the only places having them in stock?

Well I got mine from Zune Originals (the free artwork engraving on the back) late last week and it came only 3-4 days later! Who would have thought that getting it directly from MS with free engraving would be one of the only places having them in stock?

How you finding it Mav?

Radish?

How you finding it Mav?

Radish?

Well I just took it out to see the artwork and make sure it turned on. It's actually a supposed to be a Christmas gift so I didn't play with it at all really. It feels very light for it's size almost too light, thats about the only questionable thing I noticed so far.