Heroes Volume 3 : Villains

The BBC is to air the third season of Heroes this autumn.

Jana Bennett, director of BBC Vision, has said the traditional several-month delay in the show making it to UK screens will be slashed for the next run.

"People want to participate globally - and, in part, that's why this autumn, when NBC launches Heroes series three in the States, it will be aired simultaneously by the BBC in the UK," said Bennett, speaking about changes in TV and media at the Banff Television Festival.

Broadcasters are increasingly looking to narrow delays in international distribution. Bennett said: "Imagine now the world communities and conversations that would congregate around programmes like Planet Earth, Wild China or Amazon - if they were available to that global audience at the same time."

Heroes season three will begin on NBC with a two-hour launch show on September 22. The second season - which aired in the US in the autumn last year - still has several weeks to run on BBC Two.

Great news, this will cut down on a lot of people downloading it. My brother watches it on BBC and gets annoyed when i start trying to tell him spoilers :p

Bonus Material on Blu-Ray and Normal DVD

BONUS CONTENT:

-- GENERATIONS ALTERNATE ENDING

-- INSIDE THE ALTERNATE ENDING OF GENERATIONS -- What if Peter didn't catch the virus?

-- UNTOLD STORIES -- Gripping untold stories that never aired before!

-- SEASON 3 SNEAK PEEK -- A behind-the-scenes look at the making of the third season premiere episode.

-- DELETED SCENES

-- HEROES SEASON 2 "A NEW BEGINNING" -- Tim Kring introduces us to the theme of "extraordinary people trying to live normal lives." We go behind the scenes with the cast and crew to see what it's like coming back to a hit show and we also meet new Heroes as they share anecdotes about filming the second season.

-- AUDIO COMMENTARIES WITH CAST & CREW

-- Four Months Later with Creator/Executive Producer Tim Kring, Co-Executive Producer Jeph Loeb and Series Star Jack Coleman.

-- Lizards with Executive Producer Allan Arkush, Series Star Greg Grunberg and Co-Executive Producer Michael Green.

-- Kindred with Episode Director Paul Edwards, Co-Executive Producer JJ Philbin and Series Star Zachary Quinto.

-- The Kindness of Strangers with Creator/Executive Producer Tim Kring and Series Stars Dana Davis & Adrian Pasdar.

-- Fight or Flight with Series Star Greg Grunberg and Executive Producer Greg Beeman.

-- The Line with Co-Executive Producers Adam Armus & Kay Foster and Series Star Jack Coleman.

-- Out of Time with Episode Director Daniel Attias and Series Star Masi Oka

-- Four Months Ago ... with Series Star Milo Ventimielia and Executive Producer Greg Beeman.

-- Cautionary Tales with Episode Director Greg Yaitanes and Series Stars Kristen Bell & Ashley Crow.

-- Truth & Consequences with Episode Director Adam Kane and Series Star Stephen Tobolowsky.

-- Powerless with Executive Producer Allan Arkush and Composers Lisa Coleman & Wendy Melvoin.

-- TAKEZO KENSEI: Sword Saint

-- THE DRUCKER FILES

-- GENETICS OF A SCENE

-- MAYA AND ALEJANDRO RUN FROM THE POLICE -- With an interview with Executive Producer/Director Greg Beeman.

-- THE ANATOMY OF THE CHERRY BLOSSOM/SWORDFIGHT SCENES -- With an interview with Executive Producer/Director Allan Arkush.

-- EXPLODING MAN -- With an interview with Executive Producer/Director Greg Beeman.

-- THE LOFT -- With an interview with Executive Producer/Director Allan Arkush.

-- NBC.com Featurettes

-- Hotel Corinthian Explosion

-- Maya Y Alejandro Viral Video

-- Nathan and Peter Brooklyn Cam

-- TIM SALE GALLERY OF SCREEN ART

BONUS CONTENT BLU-RAY:

-- U-CONTROL

-- PICTURE IN PICTURE CAST & CREW COMMENTARIES:

-- Four Months Later with Creator/Executive Producer Tim Kring, Co-Executive Producer Jeph Loeb and Series Star Jack Coleman.

-- Lizards with Executive Producer Allan Arkush, Series Star Greg Grunberg and Co-Executive Producer Michael Green.

-- Kindred with Episode Director Paul Edwards, Co-Executive Producer JJ Philbin and Series Star Zachary Quinto.

-- The Kindness of Strangers with Creator/Executive Producer Tim Kring and Series Stars Dana Davis & Adrian Pasdar.

-- Fight or Flight with Series Star Greg Grunberg and Executive Producer Greg Beeman.

-- The Line with Co-Executive Producers Adam Armus & Kay Foster and Series Star Jack Coleman.

-- Out of Time with Episode Director Daniel Attias and Series Star Masi Oka.

-- Four Months Ago ... with Series Star Milo Ventimielia and Executive Producer Greg Beeman.

-- Cautionary Tales with Episode Director Greg Yaitanes and Series Stars Kristen Bell & Ashley Crow.

-- Truth & Consequences with Episode Director Adam Kane and Series Star Stephen Tobolowsky.

-- Powerless with Executive Producer Allan Arkush and Composers Lisa Coleman & Wendy Melvoin.

-- HERO CONNECTIONS -- Bios and Network.

-- HEROES SEASON 2 "A NEW BEGINNING" -- Tim Kring introduces us to the theme of "extraordinary people trying to live normal lives." We go behind the scenes with the cast and crew to see what it's like coming back to a hit show and we also meet new Heroes as they share anecdotes about filming the second season.

-- TAKEZO KENSEI: Sword Saint

-- GENETICS OF A SCENE

-- MAYA AND ALEJANDRO RUN FROM THE POLICE -- With an interview with Executive Producer/Director Greg Beeman.

-- THE ANATOMY OF THE CHERRY BLOSSOM/SWORDFIGHT SCENES -- With an interview with Executive Producer/Director Allan Arkush.

-- EXPLODING MAN -- With an interview with Executive Producer/Director Greg Beeman.

-- THE LOFT -- With an interview with Executive Producer/Director Allan Arkush

-- THE DRUCKER FILES

-- TIM SALE

-- GENERATIONS ALTERNATE ENDING

-- INSIDE THE ALTERNATE ENDING OF GENERATIONS - What if Peter didn't catch the virus?

-- UNTOLD STORIES

-- NBC.com Featurettes

-- Hotel Corinthian Explosion

-- Maya Y Alejandro Viral Video

-- Nathan and Peter Brooklyn Cam

-- DELETED SCENES

TECHNICAL INFORMATION SD:

Street Date: August 26, 2008

Price: $39.98

Selection Number: AW 61101979

Running Time: 8 Hours 2 Minutes

Layers: Dual Layers

Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1

Languages: English

Subtitles: English, Spanish, French

Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1

TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY HI-DEF:

Street Date: August 26, 2008

Price: $69.98

Selection Number: 61104964

Running Time: 8 Hours 2 Minutes

Layers: Dual Layers

Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1

Languages: English

Subtitles: English, Spanish, French

Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1

Why are they charging effectively full price for half a season of tv?

Probably because they know people will still buy it. I mean look what the Battlestar people did with season 2.

Nice little nugget dropped by Masi Oka in an interview.

Of course, Oka wouldn't reveal too much about the new season, except that "it's exciting. Hiro gets an arch-nemesis named Daphne, whose special powers are that she's a speedster. So the whole idea is, if Batman has his Joker, Hiro gets Daphne." Again with the parallels. "I'm a parallel kind of guy. You'll never meet me, because we keep on going the same direction. That's a geometric joke. I kind of think of him more like a Wiley Coyote, and, like, a Road Runner thing, but Daphne says more than "beep beep." So, we're going to have a lot of things going on and the first five minutes are going to answer a lot of questions. In particular, who shot JR? I mean, Nathan Petrelli."

Don't take this the wrong way, cause we all appreciate your participation in this thread, but thats actually a pretty old piece of info :)

LIAR!! :laugh:

I knew about the villain able to run super fast, but I didn't know it was know that she would be Hiro's arch-enemy. Maybe I missed that.

was it also know that it would be known who show Nathan in the first 5 min of the first episode?

Edited by draklin

Yeah we knew of the new female hero that could run vast but not her name and who she would be clashing with

http://www.herosite.net/speedster.htm - That was posted on may 9th. Did it somehow miss this thread? I could have sworn I saw it in here.

was it also know that it would be known who show Nathan in the first 5 min of the first episode?

I know I've seen that bit of info on spoiler-tv and probably posted here.

Anyway, not like it really matters. I'm more or less just posting in this thread to keep it active ;)

William Katt (Perry Mason, Greatest American Hero), according to Newsarama is to make an appearance on Heroes.

?I just filmed it last week,? Katt says of his appearance on Heroes. ?I play a really, really wonderful, seedy, smarmy-mouthed reporter that goes after Ali Larter. It was a lot of fun.?

The Linderman Spoiler:

Malcolm McDowell (Daniel Linderman on Heroes) was at the NY Big Apple Comic Book Convention (June 7-8, 2008), and when asked about his possible return to Heroes he was quoted saying: ?Yes, Linderman will be back next season, for five episodes.?

Revived? Flashback??only time will tell.

Bridget in Peabody, Mass.: Any Heroes stuff? I am dying to know what happens, and I can't wait until it comes back in the fall!

Claire is not the only character on the show who is adopted. And the next adoption twist is perhaps my favorite twist ever on this show. You know how sometimes those silly promo guys say things like "It will change everything?" Well this one actually will.

Patrick in Melbourne, Australia: I'm really desperate for some Heroes news. Any news on any characters like Monica and West?

Monica will definitely be back, as will "Nana Dawson," aka the legendary Nichelle Nichols. However, in the first few eps, our time with them in New Orleans will be centered around their relationship with Micah. As for West (Nicholas D'Agosto), I couldn't swear to it in a court of law, but I'm fairly sure he's gone, at least for the time being.

Bridget in Peabody, Mass.: Any Heroes stuff? I am dying to know what happens, and I can't wait until it comes back in the fall!

Claire is not the only character on the show who is adopted. And the next adoption twist is perhaps my favorite twist ever on this show. You know how sometimes those silly promo guys say things like "It will change everything?" Well this one actually will.

Patrick in Melbourne, Australia: I'm really desperate for some Heroes news. Any news on any characters like Monica and West?

Monica will definitely be back, as will "Nana Dawson," aka the legendary Nichelle Nichols. However, in the first few eps, our time with them in New Orleans will be centered around their relationship with Micah. As for West (Nicholas D'Agosto), I couldn't swear to it in a court of law, but I'm fairly sure he's gone, at least for the time being.

West is gone, and there was much rejoicing!

I am trying to think of who could be the adopted one, but all I can think of is Peter. Can't really think of anyone else that would be a game changer.

West is gone, and there was much rejoicing!

I am trying to think of who could be the adopted one, but all I can think of is Peter. Can't really think of anyone else that would be a game changer.

I was thinking Peter as well that

sure Peter is the first one to think of when it will change everything but what if Sylar turns to be a missing petrelli????

i know it imposible but wht the hell, he's my favorit character

Same crap with Lost //Complain :angry:

Same thing is happening with all the TV shows going to DVD/Blu-Ray that had their seasons cut short.

And BTW, Lost only finished one episode short (counting the three hours for the season finale as three separate episodes as the production crew did). Stop complaining. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.