Heroes Volume 3 : Villains

Sylar cut off her nerve-endings which is why she can't feel pain anymore.
It was never addressed that Sylar cut off Claire's nerve ending.

The way I understood it was that the things Sylar was touching didn't have nerve endings, and that's why Claire couldn't feel when he was feeling around her brain.

The way I understood it was that the things Sylar was touching didn't have nerve endings, and that's why Claire couldn't feel when he was feeling around her brain.

your brain doesn't have nerves in it, only the skin on your head does.

That made me :laugh:

Yea he is a bit like antman, do you think over the season he is going to turn weird tho...or maybe into

uluru.jpg

ok its a long shot!

I'm pretty sure the writers said Uluru was only for the comics and would never show up in the tv show.

I'm finding that the story is getting sillier and sillier

1. Claire losing ability to feel pain - Even if Sylar removed all her nerve endings, couldn't she just regenerate them back?

2. Nathan becoming some religious fanatic - He's got Adam's blood, he can heal, it isn't some miracle. Why the theatrics?

3. Future Peter angry with himself for causing Sylar to steal Claire's power - Um, hello, time travel? Heard of it. Go back and "save the cheerleader and save the world"

4. Hiro chasing down Daphne to get back formula - Ditto #3. Go back in time, get formula in safe days/weeks before event. Why even bother with the chase?

for 1, it is probably just the next evolution of her power that Sylar helped trigger. Remember Parkman was only able to hear thoughts at first but his power is evolving. In fact he'll probably have it grow even more. I wouldn't be surprised if Peter's ability to move people to another body was from an evolved version of Parkman's ability.

For number 3 and 4, I guess you missed the whole point of the first episode. Going back in time may correct what you wanted, but will end up changing things and possibly making them worse(ie, Sylar getting Clair's ability and villains just as bad as Sylar released to kill).

what about mohinder? hes got grow spikes on back power or something now. but mrs petrelli has something else with how she speaks going on there.

Just to clarify, the things on Mohinder's back are scales. It was said so by the director.

1. Claire could feel pain until Sylar went poking around in her brain with his finger. Before that she was making noises of pain/physical discomfort as Sylar was slamming her into the walls and as he was cutting her skull off. When Sylar stole her power, he also messed her up by stealing her ability to feel physical pain.

2. Mohinders' original serum sample (the one he mixed with Mayas' blood sample to make a "pure" serum that will give anyone powers) was hidden in a glass tank occupied by a gekko or iguana. And, to me at least, Mohinders' skin looked more like he was growing scales, and I immediately thought maybe the serum hidden in the reptile tank may have somehow gotten contaminated? Maybe? Long-shot, I know...but his skin and what he pulled off...certainly resembled scales.

3. As for Nikki/Jessica/Tracy...did anybody happen to see if she had the tattoo on the back of her right shoulder, cuz I didn't see it. Hmmm?

Just my lame-brained thoughts on the first shows of the season.

Tatiania

Nikki IS dead - if you go to the directors blog at http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2008/09/bee...-episode-2.html and look at the photos one of the comments is

"ALI LARTER AS TRACY (YEP, NIKI'S REALLY DEAD) AND GOVERNOR BRUCE BOXLEITNER"

Just to make this clear, everyone at this point in the show has one power except for Sylar and Peter.

what about the Haitian?

doesn't he have two powers? he can negate powers as well as make people forget

what about the Haitian?

doesn't he have two powers? he can negate powers as well as make people forget

Yeah he has 2 he is a blocker and a remover.

Sylar said that Claire cannot die. If that is so, what was all that 'Save the cheerleader' crap in season 1. They should have left on her own and waited for Sylar to find the truth. Nothing would have happened.

I think Claire is "evolving", and if Sylar did what he did in season 1 she might have died.

Sylar said that Claire cannot die. If that is so, what was all that 'Save the cheerleader' crap in season 1. They should have left on her own and waited for Sylar to find the truth. Nothing would have happened.

in season 1 Sylar was originally "the bomb"... remember Future Hiro said he stabbed Sylar but he regenerated because he had Claire's power... once Claire was saved... Peter became the bomb... saving the cheerleader stopped Sylar from getting her power then.

Question: Heroes premiere rocked! Scoop? -- Doug

Ausiello: Sure did. Too bad 25 percent fewer people saw it. Now, this next tidbit isn't so much a scoop as it is an interesting behind-the-scenes nugget that has "cocktail party chatter" written all over it. The reason Kristen Bell's TV papa spent the entire episode (okay, two scenes) sitting in a chair was because his portrayer, Stephen Tobolowsky, broke his neck horse-riding in Iceland. "He had to shoot all his scenes in the chair looking face-forward," whispers my Heroes tipster. "He took his neck brace off only when the cameras were rolling." Thanks to Sylar's handiwork, Tobolowsky's injury is not expected to have any further impact on production.

Yeah he has 2 he is a blocker and a remover.

i think it's only one power, he can block other's powers by blocking the part of the brain that uses it, and erase ppl minds. it's clear now that the brain controls the power (the Sylar-Claire meeting has cleared this),

it's just my opinion.

the thing about the first season, Clair was not dead in the future, she died when she went to visit Nathan/Sylar. so she could be immortal even in first season.

just my thoughts. btw i haven't seen the 2 episodes yet, i have to wait till the weekend and it's really B@@@@ing!!!

in season 1 Sylar was originally "the bomb"... remember Future Hiro said he stabbed Sylar but he regenerated because he had Claire's power... once Claire was saved... Peter became the bomb... saving the cheerleader stopped Sylar from getting her power then.

Not true. This was discussed greatly during season one. Peter was always the bomb.

Not true. This was discussed greatly during season one. Peter was always the bomb.

care to elaborate... i know its been a while since i last saw 5 years gone but i thought that was the case.....

What we saw in Five Years Gone was the unchanged future, and in that episode Sylar finally found Claire and Peter admitted that he was the bomb. Future Hiro said it was Sylar, but he was wrong.

I didn't like the premiere. It seems to me they continue to use the same things over and over. I'm tired of Sylar being the bad guy. Just, well, I found the premiere boring personally. It is unusual for me to be looking at the clock during a show, but I kept going back to it think, "is this over yet."

I got this impression from the whole Sylar/Claire thing. And please correct me if you think I'm wrong. My assumption was that while he was tinkering in her brain, he was fixing her like he might fix a clock/watch. I thought he fixed her power so it essentially has no drawback, now she is truly invincible since she cannot feel pain and cannot be killed. I always believed Sylar didn't kill people because he liked to, but because that was logically happened after you removed someone's skull. It just seemed to me like he was putting her back together the way she should be like fixing the clock.

care to elaborate... i know its been a while since i last saw 5 years gone but i thought that was the case.....

The original timeline went something like this:

Fight is happening at the plaza.

Hiro stabs Sylar, he regenerates.

Something happens to Hiro (teleport?) So he doesn't see Peter fight Sylar.

Sylar and Peter fight. Peter gets 'overwhelmed' and explodes.

Sylar kills Nathan and takes over as Nathan.

Peter goes into hiding ashamed of what he did, not telling anyone what happened.

Hiro goes back in time with 'save the cheerleader, save the world'.

I didn't like the premiere. It seems to me they continue to use the same things over and over. I'm tired of Sylar being the bad guy. Just, well, I found the premiere boring personally. It is unusual for me to be looking at the clock during a show, but I kept going back to it think, "is this over yet."

You're not alone. I don't know if 'boring' was the word I would use, but it just wasn't that enjoyable to me.

If Nathan continues the whole 'i love jesus' thing past a few episodes, I won't watch anymore.

So, this whole time "Save the cheerleader. Save the world" thing really meant "Prevent Sylar from getting Claire's ability". What about the whole thing about being able to kill Claire provided you get her weak spot. If I remember correctly, there was an episode where it was mentioned that if Claire or Adam were to be shot in the head, they'd die. I guess that the brain really is the centre of people's abilities in Heroes.

It all makes sense now. Remember when Claire had that piece of wood in her head? She couldn't heal until it was removed. That stresses how important the brain is when it comes to abilities. Also, we all know the Haitian is able to nullify people's abilities by being around them because his ability is to affect the biochemistry of the brain. Again stressing how important the brain is in terms of abilities.

As for Mohinder, he seems to be turning into some sort of animal.

Victoria Pratt said that the only way to be sure to kill Adam is to take his head completely off. Its unknown if this applies to Claire or not. Reason stands that it does, but her ability is at least slightly different from Adam's now.

Victoria Pratt said that the only way to be sure to kill Adam is to take his head completely off. Its unknown if this applies to Claire or not. Reason stands that it does, but her ability is at least slightly different from Adam's now.

Yeah we saw that in Angelas dream Knox took her head off.