Heroes Volume 3 : Villains

YES!!!

Freaking awesome.

I wonder if his power can be restored with this serum dealy. Otherwise Sylar is the only one who can stop him probably.

Edited by Rob2687

That was a pretty good episode, though I really want to see more Villains man... MOAR VILLAINS! Arthur stealing Peter's ability, even his mimic ability, very interesting move. This could very well explain how Peter gets his scar in the future, however, he could still teleport, shape shift, and read minds, so there's still that to explain.

Anyways, my wife and I got into quite the discussion about Adam's death. She argued that since Adam was 400 years old when his ability was taken away, his body instantly became as if it were 400 years old, which is why he turned old and then into dust. I argue, however, that Arthur used an ability to force the increased aging upon Adam because his body did not know the difference between one day or a thousand due to his ability. I mean, how would his body know that X years have passed if it constantly retains the memory that he's still 30? She admits that my theory could be the case, but won't see the failure in her logic. A pointless argument that will very likely not be revisited, but whatever, my wife and I agree on almost everything, so it's fun to have a debate here and there.

Edited by Mathachew

Mkay, but how does that make sense? How would his body suddenly realize that he's supposed to be 400 years old when it's known for that long that he's only, say, 30? His mind would know, but how does that translate into his body suddenly knowing that? If anything, his body would starting being 30 years and a day and continue getting old from that point, like traveling 400 years into the future, your body won't suddenly become 400 years older, or younger going back, so why is losing the ability to regenerate any different? However, knowing how the writer's work, would the issue arise, I'm sure the writers would use that explanation instead of giving Arthur another wicked ability (no telling how many he has).

Mkay, but how does that make sense? How would his body suddenly realize that he's supposed to be 400 years old when it's known for that long that he's only, say, 30? His mind would know, but how does that translate into his body suddenly knowing that? If anything, his body would starting being 30 years and a day and continue getting old from that point, like traveling 400 years into the future, your body won't suddenly become 400 years older, or younger going back, so why is losing the ability to regenerate any different? However, knowing how the writer's work, would the issue arise, I'm sure the writers would use that explanation instead of giving Arthur another wicked ability (no telling how many he has).

Maybe his body DOES know, though... it just refused to age and was blocking it because of his ability, but now it's no longer being blocked...

Surely Adam was in the presence of the Haitian at some point; if that were the case then he would've aged right then and there if just removing his ability would cause him to suddenly become 400 years old. And if his body was regenerating a 400 year old corpse, wouldn't we have seen him get old and then young again?

And who's to say Arthur doesn't have a Wraith like ability? This is Heroes after all, and he probably has a ton of abilities, and now lots more since he stole all of Peter's.

OMG what an episode...Adam dead :| and the way he died that was awesome and Arthur is like a leech!

Heroes Wiki says this about Arthur

Arthur seems to need physical contact with a person to use his ability, as he needs Knox to force Adam to touch his hand for him to steal his ability. However, the contact does not seem to have to be skin to skin, as Arthur's hands are touching Peter's shirt when he steals his powers.

When Arthur stole Adam Monroe's power, Adam no longer had his abilities; most notably, the suppression of aging aspect of his ability. Since Adam was over 400 years old, his years caught up with him, reducing him to dust.

Psh, that's what Heroes Wiki says, not what the writers say..... though as noted, I can see them saying that because they like to cop out. His body would only remember being young, not old, but meh. :)

Psh, that's what Heroes Wiki says, not what the writers say..... though as noted, I can see them saying that because they like to cop out. His body would only remember being young, not old, but meh. :)

Yeah I know, I think we will get the answers tomorrow during the Eclipse interview with the writers where someone is bound to ask that question one thing is for sure tho Adam ain't coming back...ever.

Heroes 3.08 Press Release

HEROES

VILLAINS

11-10-2008 9:00PM

TO PREPARE FOR THE CONFRONTATION AHEAD, HIRO (MASI OKA) EXPLORES WHAT FORCES -- AND FAMILIAR FACES -- HELPED TWIST SYLAR (ZACHARY QUINTO), FLINT (BLAKE SHIELDS) AND ARTHUR PETRELLI (ROBERT FORSTER) INTO VILLAINS -- MALCOLM MCDOWELL, ERIC ROBERTS, KRISTEN BELL AND JESSALYN GILSIG ALSO GUEST STAR -- To prepare for the confrontation ahead, Hiro (Masi Oka) follows respected businessman, husband and father Arthur Petrelli (guest star Robert Forster) in the days before he ?died? -- to discover what drove him to create rival company Pinehearst and strike at Angela (Cristine Rose). Later, a moment unfolds where Sylar (Zachary Quinto), horrified and guilt-ridden, might have stopped his murderous pursuit of abilities -- that is, if H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) and Elle (guest star Kristen Bell) had swayed from their monstrous assignment. Finally, under the wing of Company man Thompson (guest star Eric Roberts), agent-in-training Meredith (guest star Jessalyn Gelsig) watches her new life go up in smoke, following the arrival of her hot-headed brother. Greg Grunberg, James Kyson Lee, Ali Larter, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Dania Ramirez and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Jimmy Jean-Louis, Malcolm McDowell, Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine, Ron Perkins, Blake Shields, and Jeff Staron guest star.

Show Cast: Milo Ventimiglia, Ali Larter, Hayden Panettiere, Greg Grunberg, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Masi Oka, Adrian Pasdar, Jack Coleman, James Kyson Lee, Dania Ramirez, Zachary Quinto, Cristine Rose

Source: NBC

Some Spoilers

Hey All,

Kristin from E! Online hinted at some more details about Heroes during her weekly spoiler post.

This week she mentioned that we should expect ANOTHER death and that is in addtion to Maya's death!? Apparently this character is a blonde female and if I had to guess it would be Meredith Claire's Bio mom, but of course we have other options with Tracy, Daphne, Elle, Claire and Claire's mom Sandra. What do you all think!?

Boy I just realized that there are a lot of blonde characters!! I guess that might be another reason they are planning to kill another one off;). ;)

Speaking of blonde characters, Kristin also said that we will learn more about Sylar's baby mama in an upcoming flashback episode and that this character knew Sylar before he had powers. So if you have kept up to speed on all of the previous spoilers, then you know the flashback is in Episode 3x08 titled Villains and is supposed to reveal many flashback scenes before the Heroes pilot. Plus, Kristen Bell has confirmed her character Elle will be involved with several flashback scenes, so my money is on Elle being Sylar's baby mama.

Well thanks for stopping by and we should have more later so please check back soon.

Yeah I know, I think we will get the answers tomorrow during the Eclipse interview with the writers where someone is bound to ask that question one thing is for sure tho Adam ain't coming back...ever.

I have my doubts the question will be raised, but in the end it doesn't matter, and I'm convinced "age catching up to him" will be the explanation, but itw as cool nonetheless. And yeah... gone for good.

I missed alot of this season's episodes.. and I just watched today's.. damn.. I 've missed alot of stuff.

BAH! You don't start wathing Heroes in the middle of the season!

At first I thouth: OMG he's killing peter!!!!!!!!!!!! but then peter was still alive. Now I feel sorry for peter!!

I hope Sylar starts kicking some ass, although half the company is in a comma now!

is there a promo for next week?