Heroes Volume 3 : Villains

Graphic Novel "Truths"

--

Duel Sprint Sneak Peek

--

Well today EW's Ausiello confirmed that Kristen Bell is not retuning but that someone else is.

No hints at who how or why, just that someone is returning!!

Who could this person be!? Could it possibly be about the rumored return of Claude?? Could it be as simple as someone like Molly, Micah or Monica!?

What do you all think??

Sylars Dad Cast?!?

643af7fc.jpg

To restore the super to Heroes, the show is going -- but of course -- to Smallville!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the struggling NBC drama has tapped John Glover, a.k.a. Lex Luthor's dad, Lionel, to play Sylar's father.

"When Sylar meets his father, he's going to see a path ahead of him that he doesn't want to take," reveals a Heroes insider. "He has a lot more in common with his father than he realized."

The Tony award winner, who recently booked an arc on Brothers & Sisters as a love interest for Ron Rifkin's Saul, will turn up towards the end of Heroes' forthcoming "Fugitives" chapter.

Something really needs to be done with Sylars eyebrows, they are just too damn distracting :pinch:

I can't help but think that the make up artist or maybe Quinto himself has made them seem more full on purpose. I don't remember them being that thick or long, like back when he played in 24.

Was just watching the episode again and noticed alot of names on Elles phone that was on Sureshs list at the beginning of the show. Sue Landers was as is Sparrow Redhouse (featured in Graphic Novels) makes me think whether or not we are going to see them now.

--

New "Recruit" Promo

adae5f84.gif

f97b6f42.gif

843d9c11.gif

ca5e289c.gif

56914531.gif

c2d3e7e3.gif

Edited by Rappy

I just watched the episode and it was awesome, specially Sylar's cake, nice to see him back and hungry

The cake moment was probably the best moment of this season :p

If they made sylar too powerful, which this would do, they wouldn't be able to continue making this absurd show. Oh wait, he would die somehow only to be revealed later in the season he is actually still alive! OMG NO WAY! Sylar should be dead. Did no one find it strange HRG didn't shoot sylar when he was STANDING IN FRONT OF THE WINDOW KISSING ELLE? He waited until they ****ed and shot at them. Then he missed again, because he didn't have years of training as some secret agent man.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. Was this even explained? Just seemed a bit random.

Anyway, this episode wasn't too bad. Sylar's earlier scenes were probably the highlights of it.

A source (stunt man) of mine confirmed to me today that Mohinder is one of the fugitives next volume :)

orly?

Sounds good!

Very interesting interview with Bryan Fuller who returns Episode 19 of this series as a writer!

Pushing Daisies fans will probably take a hit out on me for saying this, but something good has come out of the comedy's untimely death: It's freed up Bryan Fuller to rescue Heroes from the villain known as "What the Frak Have They Done to a Once-Great Show?!" In his first interview since rejoining the series as a consultant, the writer-producer-genius behind such acclaimed season 1 hours as "Company Man" reveals where it all went wrong, what it'll take to make it right, and who's gonna have to be sacrificed before that can happen.

AUSIELLO: Where did Heroes go wrong, in your opinion?

BRYAN FULLER: It became too dense and fell into certain sci-fi trappings. For instance, in the “Villains” arc, when you talk about formulas and catalysts, it takes the face off the drama. And I think the goal for everybody is to put a face back on the drama. You have to save something with a face; otherwise you don’t understand what you’re caring about. I thought the "Villains" arc started out very interestingly, and then became sort of muddy and dense and I couldn't get my hooks into the characters to understand their motivations. I also started to feel confused about what people's abilities were. One of the great things about the first season is that the metaphor for their abilities was very clear. Those metaphors seem to have gotten complicated in the past two seasons. I share that concern with everybody on the writing staff. It's not like I'm coming in and saying, "This is what you need to do to fix it!" Everybody knows what needs to be fixed and everybody is sort of rowing in that direction.

Your work starts with episode 19, yes?

Yes. I'm fortunate to be coming into a very exciting story line. [Former co-exec producers] Jeph [Loeb] and Jesse [Alexander], before they left the show, set so many great events in motion with the "Fugitives" arc [kicking off Feb. 2]. It really is a fresh start. All of the characters are back in their real lives. You see Peter as a paramedic. Claire is looking for colleges. We get away from the world of formulas and quasi-magic.

Are the "Fugitives" episodes leading up to 19 solid?

Yes. Episodes 14, 15 and 16 are amazing. The whole "Fugitives" arc starts out very strongly, and then it gets a little dense in the middle in terms of the mythology. So I came in right at the point where everybody was realizing, "Oh, we're getting too dense here and we need to put faces on stories because there is no face to a formula; there is no face to saving the world." So it's turning this big ship back into a character stream, and everyone on the writing staff shares that desire. We need to get back into a character place, because that's where this story started: Very clean, superhero metaphors to everyday life. That's the path that we're taking. But it is a big ship so it's going to take a little while to turn it.

Any plans to trim the sprawling cast?

People will die. And some will return. Matt’s wife [Janice] comes back. We’ll find out what happens when you have a superbaby. We're also going to tell fewer stories per episode. We're going to limit it to three or four with one big one that you can wrap the stories around. We're altering the structure of the show so that there's a very clear A story that takes up a larger percentage of the show so that that story gets traction.

Are you looking at Season 4 as a complete reboot of the series?

It's not necessarily a reboot as much as it is going back to the basic spirit of the show and pulling people back in. I don't think the issues with the show have been about the serialization as much as about the density of the stories that have been serialized.

Will you be part of the show next season?

That's the idea.

Will the recent behind-the-scenes changes at NBC impact the show at all?

It's really hard to imagine Heroes without [universal Media Studios president] Katherine Pope, because she has been such a proponent of the show. She was so instrumental in [setting] the tone and style of the show in the first season. She is as vital a piece as any of the players on the show at this moment. Her contribution can't be undervalued. It'll be very interesting to see how things shake out.

What's your working relationship with series creator Tim Kring been like since returning?

It's actually been very positive.

Who gets final say: you or Tim?

Tim. I’m a consultant. My job is to help facilitate the vision of the show, and the vision has been a little inconsistent. But “Fugitives” is such a great sea change. I think people who have been critical of Heroes will come back.

Can't wait to see if he can turn it around. I love Heroes and would hate to see it fall off the face of the earth like so many other ambitious shows.

Wait, so they're bring someone on to fix a show that isn't broken? At least Kring says it isn't the show, it is DVR's :laugh:

Anyway, I hope they can fix the show, I really do. Getting back to basics, smaller cast and this guy should really be a huge improvement.

One thing I don't want to see, however, is Claire looking for a college. Please, like Mayhem said, no more moaning stories!!!