Heroes Volume 3 : Villains

Suresh's is by far the most annoying !

And claire has been annoying (yet hot) since season 2 began. But Elle coming back should be interesting :D:D

I like Suresh as a baddie but he met his match with Daphne :p

Did anyone else think of Jackie Brown when they saw Arthur Petrelli? 'Bail bonds' :D

LOL, I sure did!

well I finally caught back up to the series! lol. It's interesting having HRG and Sylar working together. Now I'm wondering what would be Sylar's weakness? Children? lol.

Sylar's 'weakness' is obvious. He just wants love. He is being shown some by Angela, and that has calmed him down. In the future, he loves his son, and that has completely turned off 'the hunger' for him.

I wouldn't consider it a weakness. As Angela said in one of the episodes 'hes just been misunderstood'. Misguided would probably be a better word.

If I had to put money on it right now, I would say Sylar saves the world this time around. What I'm not sure of is if he will live or die doing so.

That's a good theory, though I would've imagined the series (not season) concluding with Sylar and Peter in an epic fight, or perhaps since Sylar can be good again that together they take on a single threat.

That's a good theory, though I would've imagined the series (not season) concluding with Sylar and Peter in an epic fight, or perhaps since Sylar can be good again that together they take on a single threat.

Ah, but the imagery of the villain saving the world at the end of the chapter called 'Villains' would be hard to pass up. And to have him die because of his one good dead would be even greater imagery.

And yes, despite Arthur being the one that brings all the rest of them together, Sylar is still the mega badass.

Thats sooooo lame what happened to adam.

why wouldnt he be carrying a belt of live grenades on him or something? not like they could kill him.

then if he got trapped he could just pull all the pins out.

I've been thinking about Adam's power.... if he cuts off his arm, it'll grow back. If he cuts off his arm, it grows back and if the Haitian walks by, his arm won't fall back off. His power is keeps him young. If he loses his power.... shouldn't he just age as normal from whatever age he is now?

I've been thinking about Adam's power.... if he cuts off his arm, it'll grow back. If he cuts off his arm, it grows back and if the Haitian walks by, his arm won't fall back off. His power is keeps him young. If he loses his power.... shouldn't he just age as normal from whatever age he is now?

Yeah but he sucked the power out of him thus his age caught up with him.

well that's what i'm trying to say

how can his age catch up to him?

if his power is keeping his body 30 years old, then he's 30 years old

if his power goes away, fine. he'll just start aging from 30 years old

Its probably from when he stopped aging which is over 400 years ago so it will just catch up time.

Did anyone else think of Jackie Brown when they saw Arthur Petrelli? 'Bail bonds' :D

Yep, I love that movie. I want "Tiny" Lister cast as his bodyguard.

That was the point I was making. His body doesn't know that 400 years have past because it keeps remembering that he's 30 years old. If Claire was 10 when her powers started, she should stay in the body of a 10 year old, but if her powers are taken, or if the Haitian is blocking them when she is, say, 25, then does she instantly grow breasts, have her period and grow a few inches to match the 25 year old body? Apply the idea to a baby and suddenly in an instant they go from being an infant to a grown man since their power has been blocked/removed? I say no, but the logic on Adam would apply to the two scenarios I just depicted.

To me, the "catching up to him" should also occur with Hiro if he jumps 400 years into the future. His body should know that he's 400 years older and make his body match it, or 400 years into the past, he should change into, well, nothing, to catch up.

I think it was more that his ability was constantly healing him and keeping his cells from degenerating, once his power was stripped that constant healing stopped thus causing his cells to rapidly degenerate.

Also, they explain in the comics that Adam noticed his body stopped aging at 42. That's not to say that he stopped aging at 42 but just that he noticed it when he was 42.

As for your Hiro theory, that just doesn't make any sense, like at all.

Well why not? Hiro's body should know that he's 400 years in the future and should "catch up". How is it any different with Adam? As you've stated, his body stopped aging, so by not aging his body wouldn't know whether another day, year, decade, or century has passed, which means the "catching up" wouldn't make sense (as the Hiro example wouldn't make sense). But meh, I'm now repeating myself, which I don't like to do.

His body never really stopped aging though, it was just being healed from the effects of aging. There was no catching up with Adam, he just stopped healing.

Hiro on the other hand teleports through time and while the time he is in may change his body would only notice the normal linear change it time that it is use to.

Either Adam's power was keeping him alive or Arthur Petrelli stole his power AND his life. Either way, Adam is dead, just accept it and move on. Sheesh. Some people...

And Hiro hasn't lived for 400 years whereas Adam has. What kind of whack theory is that??

This will be my final argument so that it's not drawn out further than is necessary. From the Heroes wiki:

According to Angela Petrelli, after a certain amount of regeneration, the person stops physically aging (Cautionary Tales).

This would line up with my theory since the body cannot know that 400 years have passed. So that it doesn't appear that I'm partially quoting Heroes Wiki, this followed the above sentence, but it's crucial to note that the above is based on canon, and the below has no reference and is therefor an assumption by the wiki editor:

Also, all the cells in his body are dying then healing, effectively making him immortal.

If there is anything to backup this last sentence, then that would effectively counter my argument, but until then, I'm not swayed. :)

The Hiro analogy was to illustrate why the "catching up" reasoning shouldn't be the cause of Adam's death. I'll give it one more shot. Let's assume both Adam and Hiro are 30 years old, with Adam's case being that his body only knows that 30 years have passed, which is why his physical condition remains unchanged after 400 years. How is living 400 years any different than teleporting 400 years into the future? They're not. Again I say they are not. Both Hiro and Adam's body still retain the undeniable fact that they are still 30 years old, regardless of how much time has past or been skipped. Going back to Adam's body not aging, it does not know 400 years have past. Again, it does not know, just like Hiro's body wouldn't, so why would it catch up to something it is completely unaware of?

whats to say author didnt just steal his life as well. I see him as a rogue character, someone who steals all.

Anyway, I think something will change this season to make sylar stay evil. Thats what we really want anyway. no one wants a good sylar and peter, that would be boooring.