Heroes Volume 3 : Villains

That already happened. They did it to the Haitian.

Oh yeah forgot about that, maybe they didn't want to reveal anything just yet in Season 1 incase it wasn't renewed.

Oh yeah forgot about that, maybe they didn't want to reveal anything just yet in Season 1 incase it wasn't renewed.

It was in Season One. All of the events in the sketchbook were in S1.

At least the parts that were shown.

Finally got to see the last two episodes. Where do I begin?

Maya, having never been the US until last season, is able to flee NY and get an apartment in NJ. Ok, I can accept that perhaps Pinehearst hooked her up, so I'll let that one slide.

Nathan flew six months before the first eclipse, so he couldn't have started flying the night of the eclipse. Many other people didn't have their abilities manifest on that same day as well, and the Company always had a one of us, one of them policy, with no eclipse intervention. Besides, wouldn't the first eclipse have removed the abilities of the ones who already had it? Oh there I go again trying to make sense of a mess.

Daphne has cerebral palsy when her powers are "removed" by the all powerful eclipse, but when it is blocked by the Haitian, she just can't run really fast (not fast, but really fast).

Hiro is far more powerful as a goofy 10 year old than he is as an adult, and as a 10 year old has a better understanding of his mission, purpose, and how to really get things done. Say what?!

Isaac Mendez's last comic was written at least a year ago in the Heroes timeline, and yet it's being referred to here, even though the mockups we saw was about Hiro traveling to the future and of acts we already saw. So we're to believe that the comics are held from release that long?

Sylar is far, far too easily swayed. I'm your mother, I'm your father, I'll sway to momma, I'll sway to dadda, wait, they're not my parents?! I'm evil serial killer Sylar out to get my pwnage on the girl who changed, er, thought she changed me! Now I'm really back!

I never knew nursing school taught people how to become commandos. Obviously we missed the lesson that Peter took, but given the global implications of Nathan and the Haitian getting away, I can let this slide too.

Nathan flew at the Haitian's brother, even though the Haitian was standing right next to him. No power block? Oh, speaking of the Haitian's brother, shouldn't he have been cut or at least hurt because, again, the Haitian was near him? I also have a curiosity about impenetrable skin and internal damage, but it's nowhere near the top of my issues.

Just how many times do we need to see Claire be rebellious, kiss and make up, become moody and then see the bigger picture of it all? I've brought this up before, and we keep seeing it over and over. The odds are favorable to seeing this again in Volume 4.

Alrighty, now that I've gotten that out of my system, bring on the next two episodes so we can wrap this sloppy volume! I'm convinced that this show will never be the same, so I'm going to do my best to let it entertain me as Prison Break has over the last three years, unless of course they start getting even more retarded in their story telling.

Nathan flew six months before the first eclipse, so he couldn't have started flying the night of the eclipse. Many other people didn't have their abilities manifest on that same day as well, and the

Nathan's ability is the result of experimentation done by that scientist Jessica found. Unlike the others, who obtained it from genetic mutation caused by the light of the eclipse.

Daphne has cerebral palsy when her powers are "removed" by the all powerful eclipse, but when it is blocked by the Haitian, she just can't run really fast (not fast, but really fast).

Haitian can probably stop using his powers too. On/off just like everyone else.

Isaac Mendez's last comic was written at least a year ago in the Heroes timeline, and yet it's being referred to here, even though the mockups we saw was about Hiro traveling to the future and of acts we already saw. So we're to believe that the comics are held from release that long?

Who's to say they weren't older comics, I mean they were sealed up and put in a box. A year ago, Isaac started painting about the destruction of New York because that was the imminent threat.

Sylar is far, far too easily swayed. I'm your mother, I'm your father, I'll sway to momma, I'll sway to dadda, wait, they're not my parents?! I'm evil serial killer Sylar out to get my pwnage on the girl who changed, er, thought she changed me! Now I'm really back!

As Sylar put it, "we're just damaged goods".

I never knew nursing school taught people how to become commandos. Obviously we missed the lesson that Peter took, but given the global implications of Nathan and the Haitian getting away, I can let this slide too.

Adrenaline rush.

Nathan flew at the Haitian's brother, even though the Haitian was standing right next to him. No power block? Oh, speaking of the Haitian's brother, shouldn't he have been cut or at least hurt because, again, the Haitian was near him? I also have a curiosity about impenetrable skin and internal damage, but it's nowhere near the top of my issues.

If you actually paid attention, you would have noticed the Haitian has to have a sort of "will" to overcome the power of the opposing force. Hence, we saw him struggling to stop his brother, which means? He overcame the fear of his brother and thus able to stop him/kill him.

Just how many times do we need to see Claire be rebellious, kiss and make up, become moody and then see the bigger picture of it all? I've brought this up before, and we keep seeing it over and over. The odds are favorable to seeing this again in Volume 4.

She plays the role of a teenage girl who wants to grow up faster. I think that sums it up...

Nathan flew six months before the first eclipse, so he couldn't have started flying the night of the eclipse. Many other people didn't have their abilities manifest on that same day as well, and the Company always had a one of us, one of them policy, with no eclipse intervention. Besides, wouldn't the first eclipse have removed the abilities of the ones who already had it? Oh there I go again trying to make sense of a mess.

That wasn't the "first eclipse" there were more before it. Stepping into reality for a moment, there are 0-2 total solar eclipses each year. Who is to say that an earlier eclipse didn't cause Nathen to get his powers, but it just didn't manifest until the wreck.

That being said....

Nathan's ability is the result of experimentation done by that scientist Jessica found. Unlike the others, who obtained it from genetic mutation caused by the light of the eclipse.

So the eclipse has nothing to do with him gaining his powers, why does it have something to do with him losing his powers??

Perhaps the Haitian doesn't remove powers, he just suppresses them... the eclipse on the other hand temporary removes all powers. Who knows...

It's kinda like Level 5. What stopped the "villains" from using their power and escaping??? Pupet Master? Black Hole dude? They could easily have escaped.

Hiro is far more powerful as a goofy 10 year old than he is as an adult, and as a 10 year old has a better understanding of his mission, purpose, and how to really get things done. Say what?!

Young Hiro thinks of himself as a comic book superhero. Old Hiro is reluctant to use his powers because he's seen the dangers of altering time.

Everyone this season is wishy-washy. I've lost count of how many times it's happened this season.

.. bring on the next two episodes so we can wrap this sloppy volume! I'm convinced that this show will never be the same, so I'm going to do my best to let it entertain me ... unless of course they start getting even more retarded in their story telling.

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

Question: I can't believe Sylar killed Elle. Why would Heroes get rid of Kirsten Bell? -- Sarah

Ausiello: Kristen's return was never meant to be long term, so she was leaving one way or the other. But as I hinted in last week's AA, I wasn't expecting her exit to be so permanent. And it is permanent. Unlike 90 percent of the deaths on Heroes, this one will stick. Ironic, no?

begs the question really she was the favourite to be Noahs mother

orly?

begs the question really she was the favourite to be Noahs mother

orly?

well that is still possible. After all when we saw Noah, it was 4 years in the future but he was too old to have been born after this point. So therefore, he had to have been born before the villians timeframe. otherwise he would only be around 3 and the kid that played him looked older than that.

Isaac, Claire and Hiro were performing their abilities before the eclipse occurred. When we saw Claire for the first time, it was her sixth attempt at killing herself. Peter also dreamed that Nathan had an accident the night Nathan flew. Oh, and then there's all of the other people who had powers without the aid any notable eclipse.

Who's to say they weren't older comics, I mean they were sealed up and put in a box. A year ago, Isaac started painting about the destruction of New York because that was the imminent threat.

Let's assume Isaac starting having visions at the time of the eclipse, there's no way he would have written all of those 9th Wonders comics in such a short period of time, which means he was using his ability long before the eclipse, making it possible for older issues, but why would older issues tell a continuing story of a future and have the newer issues tell the story of the past? Doesn't make sense.

As Sylar put it, "we're just damaged goods".

A poor excuse to say the least.

Adrenaline rush.

I gave a pass on this one.

Haitian can probably stop using his powers too. On/off just like everyone else.

If you actually paid attention, you would have noticed the Haitian has to have a sort of "will" to overcome the power of the opposing force. Hence, we saw him struggling to stop his brother, which means? He overcame the fear of his brother and thus able to stop him/kill him.

This argument can only go so far. Again I refer to the time when Matt and the FBI agent were outside of Primatech and they saw Noah and the Haitian walking. His guard was down and Matt couldn't do much to get passed the Haitian's "force field" of power negating. I've theorized before that perhaps when the Haitian uses his other abilities, his power suppressing one is no longer effective, but at this point there's no concentrating on using any power, he's standing off before his brother and Nathan flew away. That's not to say he can't control it, but there's no indication that he was doing anything to do so. There are more erroneous details than this, however.

She plays the role of a teenage girl who wants to grow up faster. I think that sums it up...

There comes a point where rehashing the same problem becomes boring and sloppy writing. After all she has gone through, she should have learned something, which she apparently hasn't. When we see her four years into the future, she's a cold heartless killer, surely she can stop being a little brat over the course of a year after nearly dying multiple times, being stalked, betrayed, captured, rescued, etc.

That wasn't the "first eclipse" there were more before it. Stepping into reality for a moment, there are 0-2 total solar eclipses each year. Who is to say that an earlier eclipse didn't cause Nathen to get his powers, but it just didn't manifest until the wreck.

Well we know Nathan was given his powers, not obtained through any evolutionary process. It was also night time when he started flying, so no solar eclipse.

So the eclipse has nothing to do with him gaining his powers, why does it have something to do with him losing his powers??

That's another point to bring up, but I don't find that as damaging to the story as other items I brought up.

Perhaps the Haitian doesn't remove powers, he just suppresses them... the eclipse on the other hand temporary removes all powers. Who knows...

It's kinda like Level 5. What stopped the "villains" from using their power and escaping??? Pupet Master? Black Hole dude? They could easily have escaped.

We now see that the eclipse didn't remove powers, it only suppressed them as the Haitian does. Therefore we can conclude that both should have had the same effect, except it didn't from what we saw.

Young Hiro thinks of himself as a comic book superhero. Old Hiro is reluctant to use his powers because he's seen the dangers of altering time.

I have a lot more common sense now than I did when I was 10. I still don't see how he so easily controls his powers with a young mind where when he was in his right mind he struggled a number of times, one of which sent him 400 years into the past.

I love(d) the show and still do, I just don't think too much about a TV show....

God forbid people discuss what they like and dislike about a show.

You wouldn't complain if it was long rants about how great the show was.

Don't be Jedi.

God forbid people discuss what they like and dislike about a show.

You wouldn't complain if it was long rants about how great the show was.

Don't be Jedi.

I wouldn't complain if someone was saying it was great but if they went on huge rants on why it was yeah I would.

and don't worry I DONT plan ON being anything like Jedi ;)

This argument can only go so far. Again I refer to the time when Matt and the FBI agent were outside of Primatech and they saw Noah and the Haitian walking. His guard was down and Matt couldn't do much to get passed the Haitian's "force field" of power negating. I've theorized before that perhaps when the Haitian uses his other abilities, his power suppressing one is no longer effective, but at this point there's no concentrating on using any power, he's standing off before his brother and Nathan flew away. That's not to say he can't control it, but there's no indication that he was doing anything to do so. There are more erroneous details than this, however.

I'm pretty sure the argument about the Haitian's ability to control his suppression ability was settled in this weeks episode when peter clearly tells the Haitian to block his (The Haitian's) brothers power.

Now as for Matt and the FBI agent, Noah and the Haitian knew they were there as when they finally raided primatech they were able to produce security camera footage of both Matt and the FBI agent on there stake out. How did Nathan get away, not sure but I have a guess. The Haitian has always been working for Mrs Petrelli as she did a great service for him at some point (as noted in 4 months ago in season 2 right before he wipes peter's mind) so I think he allowed him to escape.

Also, the eclipse effect of removing powers, I'm pretty sure this was a new effect to all of the older people with powers as they seemed surprised. So I'm guessing there was something else going on on top of the eclipse. My guess is that the eclipse normally heightens the effect of peoples powers thus making it much more obvious to people who already have them. To them it would seem as they are just then getting there power but of course they have had them all along. We won't really know for sure until it is explained on the show of course.

Edited by SOOPRcow

I'm pretty sure the argument about the Haitian's ability to control his suppression ability was settled in this weeks episode when peter clearly tells the Haitian to block his (The Haitian's) brothers power.

Exactly what part? Because the only thing I recall is the Haitian saying he can't block his brother's power, because he was powerless like everyone else, including his brother.

Now as for Matt and the FBI agent, Noah and the Haitian knew they were there as when they finally raided primatech they were able to produce security camera footage of both Matt and the FBI agent on there stake out. How did Nathan get away, not sure but I have a guess. The Haitian has always been working for Mrs Petrelli as she did a great service for him at some point (as noted in 4 months ago in season 2 right before he wipes peter's mind) so I think he allowed him to escape.

I think this can only go so far as well. You're assuming a lot of things.

Also, the eclipse effect of removing powers, I'm pretty sure this was a new effect to all of the older people with powers as they seemed surprised. So I'm guessing there was something else going on on top of the eclipse. My guess is that the eclipse normally heightens the effect of peoples powers thus making it much more obvious to people who already have them. To them it would seem as they are just then getting there power but of course they have had them all along. We won't really know for sure until it is explained on the show of course.

The eclipse is a lame way for the writers to explain how people got their abilities, or rather, give them some kind of excuse for people losing their powers. It started off as evolution, now they're trying to explain it as a star/moon alignment phenomenon.

The original idea with the Season One Eclipse was to show that everyone is connected somehow, because everyone was staring at the same thing in the sky.

At first, it was because "they all has the same genetic sequence".

Then it became, "because they're all related somehow"

Then it became, "Because they all were somehow involved with a secret, Super-best-friends League.

Then it became, "because some are natural and some have been given their powers by Primatech."

Now it's become, "because of the eclipse"

It's nonsensical. This is why this Volume doesn't feel like it's coming to any sort of conclusion: because it's just jumping all over the place.

Origins didn't tell us anything substantial about their origins, and Villians isn't really making it clear who the Villains are.

I kind of hope Mohinder accidentally creates the Shanti virus.

Mohinder said something like, "most of the people he's documented with abilities manifested them during the eclipse".

?Peter Petrelli notices out of the back window of Mohinder Suresh's cab that an eclipse is beginning. Mohinder says that it will not be seen in full in New York.b> He says it is a global event, and it makes people realize how small the world is. They have a conversation about evolution and being special. In Japan, Hiro Nakamura is awed by the eclipse, while his exercising coworkers at Yamagato Industries (including Ando Masahashi) appear oblivious to the event. In Odessa, TX, Claire Bennet and her friend Zach stare at the sky, having just left a massive train wreck. In Las Vegas, Niki Sanders finds her son's pinhole viewer. She peeks at the sky just before noticing intruders. ?</i> (link)

I?d have to re-watch Season 1 and 2 to be sure about this but from what Mohinder said, New York didn?t see the total solar eclipse. So, I?m assuming it didn?t affect the people with powers already.

We have partial solar eclipses and total solar eclipses.

As to why he lost his powers? Same reason everyone else did, the solar eclipse temporarily affected their abilities from emerging.

Isaac, Claire and Hiro were performing their abilities before the eclipse occurred. When we saw Claire for the first time, it was her sixth attempt at killing herself. Peter also dreamed that Nathan had an accident the night Nathan flew. Oh, and then there's all of the other people who had powers without the aid any notable eclipse.

As Mohinder put it, abilities are related with adrenaline levels. (link) From the last two episodes, we found out the solar eclipse has a third party affect on people with abilities, like a temporary side effect. So, let?s not assume the eclipse gave these people powers, but merely affected them for the duration of the eclipse. They had the abilities all along is what I?m trying to say?

Let's assume Isaac starting having visions at the time of the eclipse, there's no way he would have written all of those 9th Wonders comics in such a short period of time, which means he was using his ability long before the eclipse, making it possible for older issues, but why would older issues tell a continuing story of a future and have the newer issues tell the story of the past? Doesn't make sense.

I think we?ll get our answers when they find the carrier of Isaac?s stories. I agree it?s confusing and doesn?t follow a timeline. But, I just said that because it was one possibility.

This argument can only go so far.

No, it makes perfect sense. The Haitian isn?t always at a state of high danger for his adrenaline levels to get higher. So, his powers work just like any others. On and Off.

There comes a point where rehashing the same problem becomes boring and sloppy writing. After all she has gone through, she should have learned something, which she apparently hasn't. When we see her four years into the future, she's a cold heartless killer, surely she can stop being a little brat over the course of a year after nearly dying multiple times, being stalked, betrayed, captured, rescued, etc.

I guess that didn?t sum it up. I?ll try again. She plays the role of a teenage girl with daddy issues and wants to grow up faster...

I wouldn't complain if someone was saying it was great but if they went on huge rants on why it was yeah I would.

and don't worry I DONT plan ON being anything like Jedi ;)

I, NeptuneSak, neowinian extraordinaire dub thee JedixMck. All in favor?

Exactly what part? Because the only thing I recall is the Haitian saying he can't block his brother's power, because he was powerless like everyone else, including his brother.

This happened after the all got there powers back just after Nathan flew the Haitian's brother into the car. Go back and rewatch that part of the episode, you cant miss it.