Unable to press F8 during XP Pro setup

Hello,

I'm reformatting a PC of mine, have done it dozens of times before.

I press ENTER to move to XP setup, then when it comes to the agreement and the request to press F8 it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by .Logan

Its the keyboard, not neccessarily a bad keyboard. Having done about 500+ XP install I've come across this problem with a fair few keyboards, just grab another one and it will work fine.

Does it matter that it's a USB keyboard maybe?

I know the F8 works on that keyboard, as it works when it is booted. I only have one another keyboard, it's a Saitek, it didn't work either.

I just find it strange.

USB won't matter, I am assuming that your computer is new enough to handle Windows XP, so it should have USB legacy enabled. My Pentium III with a USB keyboard installed Windows 2000 fine.

Ah! Thank you!

Turned F-Lock on, then hit F8, and it worked.

Thanks again! :D

Don't worry about doing such a thing. When I had an F-Lock keyboard, that always happened to me.

USB won't matter, I am assuming that your computer is new enough to handle Windows XP, so it should have USB legacy enabled. My Pentium III with a USB keyboard installed Windows 2000 fine.

It CAN make a difference. I had to plug my new computer's keyboard into a different port to get it recognised once, for that very spot in the setup of XP.

It CAN make a difference. I had to plug my new computer's keyboard into a different port to get it recognised once, for that very spot in the setup of XP.

Yep I've had that problem with USB keyboard Lots!