January 2008 Desktops - Happy New Year!

It's been a long time since I posted my last screenshot.

cleanqf7.th.jpg dirtymf4.th.jpg

Wallpaper: It's just the Burberry checks pattern, but I'll post it if anyone wants it.

Please post the wallpaper, love it, it makes me lol for some reason. : D

Cheers

Happy new year :)

post-101585-1199148541_thumb.png

if your wondering what programm that is :)

http://www.real-desktop.de/English/

I wonder if Anand Agarawala is contemplating a lawsuit, since his concept was paper-locked in his CHI paper submitted to the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (PDF) and Real-Desk is an obvious ripoff of Anand's work?

BumpTop

--ScottKin

Can i have this wallpaper please :D Thanks!

Several Portal wallpapers, including the one from my desktop here.

Now I've just gotta put it on my fiance's desktop. I know how much he loved his companion cube.

And pink.

Several Portal wallpapers, including the one from my desktop here.

Now I've just gotta put it on my fiance's desktop. I know how much he loved his companion cube.

And pink.

Thanks! :D

didn't change the layout on my tower/server at all last year and i don't expect to this year, either. zomg.

laptop:

l.thm.png

tower:

t.thm.png

Where did you get that wall?

The notebook one..

Edited by Green-Tea

It's been a while! :D

I've been searching non stop for a VS i actually like, after spending days casually browsing sites I ended up with an old VS, MCE (Royale).

Rockin' the latest version of foobar with the new default interface.

desktopmg3.th.png

I wonder if Anand Agarawala is contemplating a lawsuit, since his concept was paper-locked in his CHI paper submitted to the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (PDF) and Real-Desk is an obvious ripoff of Anand's work?

BumpTop

--ScottKin

Er, it must be awesome to use those desktop replacements where you don't have any icon labels (!) and the occasional file type based icons. :|

It's even in the example. Word documents and no icon labels? WTF? Sure, it may be a work in progress, but still, pretty damn funny. :) Also, as soon as he adds those labels, I can't see the idea working well because it'll become too cluttered with the bunched up icons and overlapping labels. That's why we use 2D icons in a grid in the first place. And if one only displays labels for the icons you're hovering on, you'd need to hover on icons to see where they go (or otherwise memorize their locations in case of file type based icons), and so on. I can mostly just see disadvantages, really.