Windows Vista SP1 RC Refresh 2

so if you uninstall the public rc beta and then install that file from Microsoft you will get the newest build the refresh 2?

yes

Althought im going on an hour and dont see it on windows update yet.

->s0121

Some moderators might not like what you did, but I personally thank you for that! Now let's just spread the word, post this on torrent sites and have couple thousands of people download this build and squash as many bugs as possible :)

->s0121

Some moderators might not like what you did, but I personally thank you for that! Now let's just spread the word, post this on torrent sites and have couple thousands of people download this build and squash as many bugs as possible :)

yeah because we all know everyone who downloads service pack beta's when not authorised to do so do it purely with the intention of submitting bug reports to microsoft :rolleyes:

yeah because we all know everyone who downloads service pack beta's when not authorised to do so do it purely with the intention of submitting bug reports to microsoft :rolleyes:

Well, no, but those additional error reports send by windows might be useful :p

yes

Althought im going on an hour and dont see it on windows update yet.

It showed up after almost 2 hours here..and now I'm up and running. Must say this runs smooth. Oh, and the watermark is gone!

for all the people getting all upset that it's leaked and you aren't as exclusive as you'd like to be just relax. Before MS gave it to a "select group of 15,000 testers" they knew another 100,000 would have anyways. Almost everything that goes on at MS (or anywhere) gets leaked anyways so it's not such a big deal.

If Microsoft gets a few extra 50,000 error reports cuz of it think they are gonna complain? It doesn't affect you and it doesn't affect them in a bad way so relax and enjoy the fact that you got it from it's original source and had exclusivity for about 10 mins. LOL

Unless you a corporate TAP tester you're never going to test stuff that actually matters so I am not sure why people think they are very important or part of a select group because they are MS beta tester, everyone is - get over it and stop being NDA police.

It is not always about that, it is about the fact that people are breaking what are effectively legally binding agreements, and leaking downloads that people are not meant to have access to, just to get themselves a bit of coverage. At the end of the day, put it in whatever light you want breaking NDA's is both illegal and immoral as you are breaking the trust put in you when you are accepted into a Beta. What makes me laugh is that Neowin have such a stringent policy on warez, yet they allow the leaking of information despite the fact that it is just as illegal as leaking actual downloads.

And to say that people aren't "testing stuff that matters" is a little bit blase when you consider that SP1 could be what makes or breaks Windows Vista.

Ya. Used Acronis and restored an image of vista w/o any sp's installed, and then installed this.

Oh, I thought you will have other solutions, as I am having the same problem, thanks anyway, I will probably just want for the final release, as there are some stuff on my PC that I don't have disc and I really can't reinstall it.

Ya. Used Acronis and restored an image of vista w/o any sp's installed, and then installed this.

Same here! That is the easiest way of doing things, while ensuring there are no traces of an older SP RC. The only thing I dislike about SP1 is it always deactivates Vista (I just rearm it for the time being until SP1 goes live).

Same here! That is the easiest way of doing things, while ensuring there are no traces of an older SP RC. The only thing I dislike about SP1 is it always deactivates Vista (I just rearm it for the time being until SP1 goes live).

Never had to re-activate here for any of the builds.. weird.

Never had to re-activate here for any of the builds.. weird.

Ahh I forgot to mention something. I ALWAYS install SP1 builds on a fresh copy of Vista THEN install all of my drivers. I found that if I activate Vista before I install the drivers, then install the drivers that it deactivates itself. My guess is my video card is to blame since it always deactivates once I install its drivers. Sort of a pain considering that I need to call MS just because I installed a driver and my genuine copy of Vista is now deactivated!