360 warranty sticker?

The 360 I got, which was purchased off of ebay, is getting the 3RLOD, and I plan to send it in to get it repaired.

However, I was looking at the warranty sticker and it looks like the pictures attached.

I'm assuming the weird shiny part of the sticker means that part of the sticker has been taken off before, correct? It's not supposed to look like that?

post-64824-1201840424_thumb.jpg

post-64824-1201840438_thumb.jpg

See, mine kind of looks like that on the lower side, but stuck back on. In the pictures, the left side of the sticker is solid silver, but on the right side, there is a weird pattern that looks similar to the one in the picture you linked.

You sir are totally f**ked.

If it is exactly what it looks like, the person who had it before you, peeled off the sticker, and tryed putting it back togther without letting it be seen easily.

Im guessing he did a good job until the end. Its alittle obivious its been peeled off. It's like the sticker on your OEM machine. Ive peeled those off before, and I know what they look like when you try your best to put it back on.

That is exactly it. I hope you are lucky enough to get microsoft to cover you on the RROD. Hopefully they dont care about the sticker and fix it. If not, your screwed.

Sorry to put it so harsh.

Cheers.

Apparently MS doesn't care too much about warranties being void in 3ROL cases.

You should send it in, and if they reject fixing it for free, either pay the fee or pay return shipping and try to fix it yourself. (X-clamp)

First off, yeah, it's been opened.

Apparently MS doesn't care too much about warranties being void in 3ROL cases.

You should send it in, and if they reject fixing it for free, either pay the fee or pay return shipping and try to fix it yourself. (X-clamp)

If they find evidence of tampering they won't fix it, even if you pay the fee.

Alright well the coffin just came today and I'm probably just going to mail it tomorrow anyway. Hopefully they will overlook it, which some people seem to be saying? :p I'll keep my expectations low just in case they do care.

Mine had the same look to the sticker and I was the only one who owned it. Microsoft still serviced it without a problem. I doubt that it's been opened as the new one that was placed on my unit when it came back looked like that too.

I've known people to send in consoles with completely removed stickers and still got the replaced/repaired. There's that many 360's being repaired that Microsoft hires outside contractors to keep up with demand. They get paid per 360, so they generally don't care if it's broken or not. Of course, there's still a good chance they'll say no as Microsoft themselves do check them randomly.

Either way I think you'll be fine, a lot of stickers look like that.

It's not actually Microsoft that fixes the console, it's a third party company that replaces the motherboard. So it all depends if they follow microsoft void warrenty, or if they really just don't care.... Would you?

I have sent in three 360's with the warrenty sticker completly gone, I just pealed the sticker off, and used Goo Gone to eliminate any stickyness, I don't think they care at all, I sent them all to McAllen, TX, hope this helps

its nothing.. ms should fix it since the bottom half looks unopened. Look at the back of the xbox 360.. if the xbox is modded then there should be sign of opening..

There are little marks on the back that look like it's been opened... How would I go about checking if it's modded?

Only way to tell if it is indeed modded is to try and boot a 360 backup, something I wouldn't recommend doing - especially on Live.

If he pulls out the ethernet plug before and leaves it unplugged while trying a 360 backup - then he should be safe?