preventing the spins

maybe this thread can help some other people some day :p

google only comes up with eat a lot to slow absortion rate, throw up to purge the toxics, and going to bed so you body can "heal"

...the point of stoping the spins is because i dont want to throw up....and going to bed is going to give me the spins....and i already ate tons.....

this is looking like a bleak outcome....

how do so many people not know what the spins are.

maybe people are effected differently.

its when you drink too much, and you feel like your spinning, and get sick...from experience first time i had it happen i went out drinking, came home, then tried going to bed right away.

i was fine at first, but then the bed felt like it was moving, so i sat up and it stopped... then i lied down again, and this time the bed felt like it was spinning like crazy and .... :x

****, I hate the spins. So frigging freaky. Don't really know what to do to stop them though.

Its due to dehydration, so you can get it without being drunk. Drink some water/fruit juice and it should go away after an hour.

i usually drink a bunch of water when i get home, maybe not enough.

I found out the hard way, smoking after being smashed isnt nice, i threw up my stomach lining because i was soo smart i drank on an empty stomach ^^

Only way to prevent that is to drink responabily, a few drinks an hour, i know its common sense, thats the only way, Berocca performance (tablets) helps hangovers and it really works, well for me.

Best way to beat the after-effects of drinking is to suck on a lemon. No i'm not making this up. Try it the next time you are experiencing them spins.

Sugar enhances the high to another level while lemon or anything tangy brings down its affects.

Best way to beat the after-effects of drinking is to suck on a lemon. No i'm not making this up. Try it the next time you are experiencing them spins.

Sugar enhances the high to another level while lemon or anything tangy brings down its affects.

seriously?

i usually have a coke when i get back from drinking, and the other times i had the spins i had a coke...

and last night when i thought i was going to have the spins, id just finished a coke....

i guess lemonade would also have a bunch of sugar in it, so that wouldn't work...

seriously?

i usually have a coke when i get back from drinking, and the other times i had the spins i had a coke...

and last night when i thought i was going to have the spins, id just finished a coke....

i guess lemonade would also have a bunch of sugar in it, so that wouldn't work...

Not really lemonade, try a raw lemon, cut it into two halves and suck on the citrus side of it. Even though I have not been driven to the point where i'd have to try this out myself, but its a very common sight here in clubs/bars/pubs, when people start to get tipsy they usually suck on a piece of lemon to get themselves back to senses. Sweet things only enhance the effect of alcohol, usually my friends get even more high after they gobble down something sweet like say a cake after a session of drinks.

Lemon Add the juice of one lemon to a cup of black coffee and drink it unsweetened and without milk.

Lime As soon as you wake up on the "morning after" add two teaspoons of fresh lime juice and a teaspoon of sugar to 8 ounces of water. Drink it slowly. This concoction will help stabilize your blood sugar, which will be low after imbibing.

-Source - health911

i dont drink coffee, ill just keep a lemon nearby next time.

last time i had the spins i had something like 8 drinks, then had an ice cap and 2 boston creams. so your sugar = bad seems to fit :p