The Big Wrestling Thread!

AJ Styles successfully defended his TNA World Heavyweight Title against Judas Mesias at a AAA event in Jalisco, Mexico on Sunday night. Konnan, Hijo del Fantasma and Texano Jr. all attacked Mesias, then he and AJ teamed up to run them off. The plan is for AJ's matches outside of TNA to be taped and shown on Impact Wrestling.

Hope they don't screw up the storyline now by showing his outside matches before he comes back; wouldn't make sense with Dixie still around.

Last night I went on YouTube to watch some video from the 2005 (the Orton - Taker segment at Survivor Series, fantastic moment) and somehow I ended up watching wrestling stuff for a few hours, going from one suggestion to another. Then my nostalgia kicked in and I remembered how I grew up with WCW (here, TNT was on the same freq as Cartoon Network at that time and we got TNT after 10 PM I think).

Back then, I had only one favorite wrestler (I was a BIG fan) from WCW, Randy Savage. I was sooo disappointed whenever he wasn't on a Nitro episode, but when he did show up I was sitting on the edge of my seat watching his matches/promos/etc. Then, at some point, NWO was formed and man, did I hate those guys (at least till Savage joined  :)) ). I realize now that this was the whole point and these things made WCW's ratings so high. I actually liked or hated wrestlers and teams and I didn't watch WCW like I'm watching a TV show these days. Obviously, the age changed quite a few things, but you know what I mean.

At some point I stopped watching Nitro because our cable provider removed TNT from the channels list, so I forgot all about wrestling for many years. So I didn't know (yeah, no internet back then, at least not like it is today, I only got a crappy dial-up connection with a few kbps) about WCW being bought by WWE (heck, I didn't even know about WWF/WWE). When I got back in touch with wrestling (only a few years ago), I was very disappointed to say the least. Most of the superstars that I knew were not on WWE, Randy dead :( , Hall was a wreck, Luger also, Sting in TNA, Goldberg retired, etc.... So I didn't see a reason to watch, at first. But I gave it a chance and got to enjoy some episodes/events. But it has changed, a lot, and not in a good way.

So now, what puts a smile on my face is these rare moments when some wrestler that I knew back then shows up on WWE. Like the 2011 (not sure) Royal Rumble, when Booker T and Nash were back. It was fantastic, and the crowd really helps a lot. I don't care about Cena, Bryan, Orton, whatever, I don't know these guys and I don't like the story lines or matches. The only one that I would watch any time is Undertaker (the guy's entrance is enough to give me chills). I'm not saying that the guys are not talented, but my reaction to those matches is always "meh". Yeah, I'm stuck in the past and I know that wrestlers get old too and things change, but I prefer to remember the good old days when this really WAS entertainment. And I have only one wish, as WM30 is getting closer: with all those rumors out there about Sting and Goldberg, I wish at least ONE of them would come true.

Sorry about the long post, I hope I didn't bored you to death, I hate being the only user left on Neowin. :D

International wrestling star Prince Devitt, who currently works for New Japan Pro Wrestling, has teased heading to WWE by posting the following on Twitter

2013-11-05_02-02-32_zps4dc931db.png

Dear Staff,

As we embark on our "Where Action Never Ends" 365 initiative, I wanted to take this time to thank you for your dedication and enthusiasm to your company's renewed creative direction. I feel confident that, together, we are marching towards something great ? a revolutionary way to experience professional wrestling.

With this said, I am aware of the false rumors currently circulating that The Carter Family and Panda Energy is attempting to sell their ownership stakes in TNA Wrestling. An unfortunate aspect of this business is that there are wrestling "reporters" who consistently post "news stories" without proper facts. I want to assure you that these are just rumors and I am committed to TNA and its future.

While I typically find that responding to such rumors is a waste of time, I wanted to use this as a moment to express my support and delight for the creative direction we are moving in. Our work has just begun and I look forward to a long and rewarding future with you and TNA.

Warm Regards,

Janice Carter
Chairman of the Board

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/429531-janice-carter-memo-on-sale-of-tna-wrestling