The Big Wrestling Thread!

Well, who all is deciding if watching Roadblock this weekend will be worth it, or even WrestleMania?  I am not sure about watching either one, due to the way the product is being done.

8 hours ago, jamwheat said:

Well, who all is deciding if watching Roadblock this weekend will be worth it, or even WrestleMania?  I am not sure about watching either one, due to the way the product is being done.

I'll watch it; the live WWE Network specials are usually decent.

• Like 2

Speaking of Mr. Anderson...

Ken Anderson was released from TNA Wrestling after he failed a drug test … and multiple backstage sources tell us it was given to him after he appeared to be under the influence during a match.

Sources with knowledge of the situation tell us the match against Eric Young was supposed to air on January 19th, but Anderson looked so bad in the ring they had to remove it from the show.

We’re told he was immediately forced to take a drug test backstage, then sent home.

http://prowrestlingsheet.com/ken-anderson-failed-drug-test-tna-release/?platform=hootsuite

14 hours ago, BiGdUsTy said:

WWE Network was so bad tonight I completely missed the ending to HHH vs Ambrose. I had to go look up who won. :angry:

It was ###### at the beginning for me, then was fine by 20-30 minutes in. I've had some awful experiences trying to watch NXT weekly, though.

14 hours ago, BiGdUsTy said:

WWE Network was so bad tonight I completely missed the ending to HHH vs Ambrose. I had to go look up who won. :angry:

17 minutes ago, episode said:

It was ###### at the beginning for me, then was fine by 20-30 minutes in. I've had some awful experiences trying to watch NXT weekly, though.

So, note to self: don't use the Network's free trial to watch WrestleMania. If it collapses under the traffic of a live house show, then WrestleMania will be a disaster to watch on there.

I honestly think that what needs to happen is WWE will have to pull a Netflix and buy peering agreements with the major providers. For me on demand stuff plays back fine 99% of the time. It's the live PPV's and specials where the network falls flat on it's ass for me. Doesn't seem to matter what platform I try on PS3, 360, HTPC or tablet.

4 hours ago, BiGdUsTy said:

I honestly think that what needs to happen is WWE will have to pull a Netflix and buy peering agreements with the major providers. For me on demand stuff plays back fine 99% of the time. It's the live PPV's and specials where the network falls flat on it's ass for me. Doesn't seem to matter what platform I try on PS3, 360, HTPC or tablet.

They don't run it themselves. Its done by Major League Baseball Advanced Media. I think its more of a problem with the platform than bandwidth.

13 hours ago, BiGdUsTy said:

I honestly think that what needs to happen is WWE will have to pull a Netflix and buy peering agreements with the major providers.

I remember reading about that situation with Netflix getting throttled by some of the big ISPs in America until Netflix paid them to stop it; that ###### is just blackmail from the ISPs. I can't believe they get away with it over there.

well, RAW wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.  Really wanted Ziggler to beat HHH, but naw, can't have that, but was a good match.  Reigns got his "receipt" on HHH after that match, and "busted" HHH up a little in the head.  Crowd didn't sound into it, though, even though Reigns broke a monitor over HHH's back.  Shane botched his speech a bit, but otherwise did okay until "daddy Vince" pushed him into Undertaker.  I guess seeds planted for 'Taker to maybe turn on Vince?

Oh, yeah- crowd HATED "League of Nations" beating down Newday.  Seemed like the League wasn't really in to it  either, but that's just how it looked.

I just can't see the HHH vs Roman going on last. Just imagine Roman wins the belt and as Mania is going off air 100,000 people are booing his ass out of the stadium.

3 hours ago, BiGdUsTy said:

I just can't see the HHH vs Roman going on last. Just imagine Roman wins the belt and as Mania is going off air 100,000 people are booing his ass out of the stadium.

You won't need to imagine it, come April 3rd. What else could they close the show with? Shane vs. Taker would be a weird choice, Ambrose vs. Lesnar could work, but that seems pretty unlikely to happen.

Just watched last night's live episode of Impact Wrestling; go watch it if you can. TNA's seriously been on a roll recently; not even Josh Matthews on commentary can spoil it!

Spoiler

Guess Vince was right all along; he's the chosen one!

I'm expecting he'll return to ICW soon with the TNA title in hand (and probably cause a riot, or at the very least, get deafened by the "F*** TNA!" chants).