The Big Wrestling Thread!

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

Surprise surprise, they lied about the attendance again...

They wanted 100K, they were going to get it, no matter what. 94000 is damn impressive though.

2 hours ago, episode said:

They wanted 100K, they were going to get it, no matter what. 94000 is damn impressive though.

Still, why lie in this day and age? Back in the WrestleMania 3 days, it was obviously easy to keep the real figure a secret, but nowadays, it's practically impossible; the real figure came out just ~5 hours after they announced the fake attendance.

2 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Still, why lie in this day and age? Back in the WrestleMania 3 days, it was obviously easy to keep the real figure a secret, but nowadays, it's practically impossible; the real figure came out just ~5 hours after they announced the fake attendance.

Because they wanted 100k. Kind of like they wanted Roman to win.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaddyRazzy said:

Anthing good happend on RAW??

Apollo Crews debut

Vaudevillians debut on Smackdown this week

Maryse returned and her distraction with Zack's dad cost Ryder the IC title

Enzo and Cass debut

A great Fatal Four Way match in the main event - featuring a returning Cesaro

AJ Styles #1 Contender

So yes, it was a pretty good night. And the crowd was good because they didn't try to put themselves over.

OK, so... I don't want to start a flame war, but what did Wrestlemania actually achieve?  It used to be seen as the climax of storylines or a turning point at least.

• Kalisto is secured as a single competitor now?  That's great I guess :)
  • Total Diva's (now Diva being a retired brand?) win - don't care
  • Uso's defeat Dudleys - well this may be Dudleys last run and gives the Uso's a push, but... Well I never feel that WWE care about tag wrestling anymore
  • Zack Ryder gets a Wrestlemania moment but loses the strap the next night?  At least he has something of a feud now? :)
  • AJ Styles loses? Why? What does Jericho gain from the win? :(
  • League of Nations win but then look weak being beaten by 3 retired guys :(  Where do New Day go now? :(
  • Lesnar defeats Ambrose - predictable but why? OK, Lesnar is booked as a monster but who really cares unless someone beats him for a purpose?  Ambrose is so over, but this weakens him :(
  • I don't give a rat's ass about Charlotte
  • Corbin wins the Battle Royal - this is great, but it's meaningless, it's certainly not been followed up in the last two
  • Rock/Cena beat Wyatts - OK, so Cena get's a major push for his return, but did he need it?  It sort of kills any "heel" talk, and makes the Wyatt's look even weaker than ever
  • Reigns beats HHH - predictable, get's the strap on the most boring talker in the game but gets the authority off screen for a week at least
  • Taker beats Shane - amazing match but... So Shane ran Raw anyway, Taker is nowhere to be seen, literally no storyline to this whatsoever

It all just felt a little pointless?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nik L said:

OK, so... I don't want to start a flame war, but what did Wrestlemania actually achieve?  It used to be seen as the climax of storylines or a turning point at least.

Hide contents

• Kalisto is secured as a single competitor now?  That's great I guess :) - True
  • Total Diva's (now Diva being a retired brand?) win - don't care - don't care either
  • Uso's defeat Dudleys - well this may be Dudleys last run and gives the Uso's a push, but... Well I never feel that WWE care about tag wrestling anymore - they didn't care for a long time, unfortunately
  • Zack Ryder gets a Wrestlemania moment but loses the strap the next night?  At least he has something of a feud now? :) - No idea about this one...
  • AJ Styles loses? Why? What does Jericho gain from the win? :( - about the same thing that HHH gained from winning vs. Sting at WM...
  • League of Nations win but then look weak being beaten by 3 retired guys :(  Where do New Day go now? :( - well, these 3 retired guys are not just any guys, so I get this one, it was a "Wrestlemania moment"
  • Lesnar defeats Ambrose - predictable but why? OK, Lesnar is booked as a monster but who really cares unless someone beats him for a purpose?  Ambrose is so over, but this weakens him :( - not really, they wanted to show the people that Ambrose can give Lesnar a real challenge, and he did, people will remember that he 'almost" won, not that he lost
  • I don't give a rat's ass about Charlotte - same
  • Corbin wins the Battle Royal - this is great, but it's meaningless, it's certainly not been followed up in the last two - agreed
  • Rock/Cena beat Wyatts - OK, so Cena get's a major push for his return, but did he need it?  It sort of kills any "heel" talk, and makes the Wyatt's look even weaker than ever - Cena, heel? Not in this life time, no matter how many people want it and how logical it would be, considering he's getting boooed every time. Again, another "Wrestlemania moment", so I wouldn't bother with it too much
  • Reigns beats HHH - predictable, get's the strap on the most boring talker in the game but gets the authority off screen for a week at least - that's the best thing that came out of that match
  • Taker beats Shane - amazing match but... So Shane ran Raw anyway, Taker is nowhere to be seen, literally no storyline to this whatsoever - Vince McMahon. Need I say more?

It all just felt a little pointless?

Replied in bold :)

• Like 2

Spoiler
2 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

giphy.gif

looks like multiple cases of "OUCH".  And I guess it sows the WWE ladder is harder to break?