The Big Wrestling Thread!

Tonight’s SmackDown will look quite different.

With much of the roster stuck in Saudi Arabia due to travel delays, WWE is flying a number of top NXT stars into Buffalo, New York, for tonight’s show. This comes from a report by Wrestling Observer‘s Dave Meltzer. While no names were specified, expect to see some NXT stars on tonight’s telecast in addition to many female stars, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, and others that didn’t make the trip.

As per when current talent will leave, it looks like their flights from Saudi Arabia will now depart around 8 p.m. ET.

The Wrestle Zone Site

33 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

I don't follow WWE financials, why the huge stock drop though?

WWE stock dropped 15.65% to $56.04 on Thursday, near its 52 week low of $53.25.

While WWE managed to beat profit expectations, they missed on revenue. The also lowered their outlook, modifying its 2019 adjusted OIBDA target to $180 million- $190 million from $200 million. The company cited a delay in completing a new TV deal in the Middle East for the change, although it still would be an all-time record.

WWE saw increases in media revenue, with decreases in live event revenue and merchandise from the prior year quarter, although all three areas missed expectations. Media revenue rose 28% to $146.1 million, while live event revenue declined 13% to $23.2 million and merchandise was down 13% to $17 million.

Live events lost money again in Q3, which is the third time in the last five quarters. Total live event revenue was $23.3 million, down from $26.7 million in the prior year quarter. WWE held 16 fewer events in the quarter than last year, excluding NXT.

Merchandise was down from $19.6 million in Q3 2018 to $17 million this year. Sales from WWEShop.com were down 16% from Q3 2018.

WrestlingINC (not Wrestlezone)

6 minutes ago, George P said:

I don't follow WWE financials, why the huge stock drop though?

Exactly what @LOCjust posted above.

Ouch,  though they could see a bump in the future from the new Fox deal I think.  They really need to get better writing going though, that's the major issue.  If things can make sense you can get people to keep watching and going to more events.  When things don't or are just dropped and happen for no reason then people just toss their arms up in the air and say forget it.

10 minutes ago, LOC said:

He's the one who had a broken neck like a year or so ago right?

Yep, back at the G1 Special in San Francisco.

18:30 in the video

Chris Jericho's next podcast guest is: Donald Trump Jr. !

What? Ok, sure the guy is putting out a new book and Jericho is part of the media tour I guess? I mean he's gonna be on The View also. So its not like he's only doing right leaning media outlets. He wants that moneh and not the bubbleh.

4 hours ago, LOC said:

Chris Jericho's next podcast guest is: Donald Trump Jr. !

What? Ok, sure the guy is putting out a new book and Jericho is part of the media tour I guess? I mean he's gonna be on The View also. So its not like he's only doing right leaning media outlets. He wants that moneh and not the bubbleh.

So wait, because I don't listen to the Jericho podcast, is it considered left leaning?  Right?   I'm just wondering, I don't plan to start listening if it happens to match my political view, not that I really have a side, I'd say i'm more in the center in general.

10 hours ago, George P said:

So wait, because I don't listen to the Jericho podcast, is it considered left leaning?  Right?   I'm just wondering, I don't plan to start listening if it happens to match my political view, not that I really have a side, I'd say i'm more in the center in general.

I have no idea if the Jericho podcast is left learning, though from comments Jericho has made in the past I'd assume he himself is? In any event, The View is definitely left leaning even though they have right wing opinions on the panel. My point was that DTJ is going where he'll get the most exposure for his book coming out, whether they are left or right doesn't matter because MONEH BABEH!

I know he had a conspiracy nutter on earlier in the year, so maybe Jericho's trying to become another Joe Rogan, but with Omaha Steaks references.

Wow I thought James Storm retired after leaving WWE what was it like, 3 years ago now? I know he went back to Impact for a bit, but I had no idea he was full time for NWA now. Good on him, I always liked his ring work, and some of his tag matches in TNA back in the day were incredible.

Ok so I know this is really stretching the wrestling thing, but I thought some of you might enjoy these videos. The 1st is Ryback along with Johnny Scoville and his son eating peppers (if you don't know who Johnny Scoville is, just google for his Youtube channel, the man is a chili pepper beast) and the 2nd video is basically an hour long video podcast with them talking about stuff. Hope you guys enjoy? :)

18 hours ago, LOC said:

Wow I thought James Storm retired after leaving WWE what was it like, 3 years ago now? I know he went back to Impact for a bit, but I had no idea he was full time for NWA now. Good on him, I always liked his ring work, and some of his tag matches in TNA back in the day were incredible.

Yeah, quite a few former Impact guys are in NWA now: Eli Drake, Mr. Anderson, Marti Belle, Eddie Kingston, Homicide, Aron Stevens (Aron Rex/Damien Sandow), Crimson, Caleb Konley, Thomas Latimer (Bram), and of course their current world champions Allysin Kay (Sienna) and Nick Aldis (Magnus).

22 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

What in the hell did I just watch?? lol Those two look like good in ring workers, why were they throwing hot sauce on dicks, hitting each other with bird puppets and using widden pallets? Must be a British thing? 😮

4 minutes ago, LOC said:

What in the hell did I just watch?? lol Those two look like good in ring workers, why were they throwing hot sauce on dicks, hitting each other with bird puppets and using widden pallets? Must be a British thing? 😮

In a nutshell, it's a long-running rivalry over a kitchen sink that's resulted in three of those kind of matches.

Liam Thomson went through a bad spell losing all his possessions - including his house - to Wolfgang. It's been ongoing for the past 2.5 years, so my memory's a bit fuzzy on the details, but the sink essentially became to Thomson what Moppy was to Perry Saturn.

The sink then became an unofficial title that kept getting defended, until it was sold to Kid Fite to pay for a world title shot, which was lost, and then we got a 24/7 title out of it...

I haven't been keeping up as much with ICW this year. I know Thomson won the Zero-G title, which he still holds, and I think Wolfgang stole the sink back at the Square Go (their Royal Rumble equivalent); either way, it all led that 3rd match above which happened over the weekend.