Free lightscribe label making software out there?

Question

Hey guys,

One of my very good friends has been introduced to the possibilities of lightscribe. Unfortunately it appears he ordered the OEM version drive from Newegg, and didn't get any software for it. I downloaded the necessary software from Lightscribe, as well as their template maker software. I know they promote things like Roxio / Nero / Sonic can do labels with the right programs, but he doesn't have any of those. I even took a gander at Sourceforge, but none of the projects (2 that I found) have files associated with them.

Does anyone know of some pretty decent, free, lightscribe label making software, so my good friend can get all of the best stuff out of this technology?

10 answers to this question

I would recommend that he purchase a cheap version of Nero, as there are no free alternatives, and besides, you will eventually need more than just basic drag and drop windows burning support. I believe there is a trial so that he can try it

Thanks xinary,

Yeah I had already recommended that he purchase Nero, I've always been a big fan of the application and would want to get a copy for myself. Right now he's using the Sonic software that came with his Dell computer to burn CD's. I'm not a fan of his software, while it gets the job done, unfortunately it errors out everytime he closes the application, and also he doesn't have a label burner with it. I know that we could download Infrarecorder if need be, but again while it's a free burning program from Sourceforge, it doesn't do labels.

Thanks for your input!

good question, but I would think no considering thats something only done by HP and not all burners. Would be great if it was though.

Thanks. I'm now responsible for looking into this for a second person now, this time work related. My co-worker here / boss asked me to find out if Vista does it, he believed it does but wasn't sure... Otherwise I'm still going to be looking at Nero.