Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Good news, I'm getting the camera tripod out!

Plus I figured out how to turn on macro mode. Get some good snaps in 5-10 mins :D

Ok guys tripod makes things better. It's a little squint in these photos, but I'll fix that.

Still crappy lighting conditions in my room, but they ain't bad. My blinds closed so I can play, so the only real light is coming from actual lights.

Not much to show yet, just proving I can take snaps a little less blurrier. Going to go and finally play the game, next snaps I'll take will be of actual game play.

I'm not posting anything to do with cutscenes or spoilers!

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

4 difficulties for starting with.

The one highlighted is "Solid Normal"

Is that Snake looking at "The Boss' " grave??

I have no idea, it doesn't give you a close up of the grave.

Probably though, as MGS3 ends in the graveyard at the Boss' grave :yes:

Audio can you remap the buttons at all?

It would be nice to have aiming and shooting with the triggers if youve got them gioteck snap on things.

Audio, would it be possible if you could post those pictures in pure link form and not with tags?

So those who want to experience everything on the 12th can do that and anyone who want to see game pictures can click the links.

'Else I just gotta stay out for 6 days :(

OMG the most unexpected mini-intro to the game I would ever of thought of.

Kojima's humour (Y) :woot:

Back to you guys in about 30 mins say, after I've seen the "real" intro.

Audio, would it be possible if you could post those pictures in pure link form and not with tags?

So those who want to experience everything on the 12th can do that and anyone who want to see game pictures can click the links.

'Else I just gotta stay out for 6 days :(

I'm not posting any spoilers though, either in images, or in my text - All I'll do is either discuss what we know, but I can spoiler tag it, and maybe show off one or two more images of actual gameplay in the 1st scene, which is what we've seen already. But if that makes it better for you no probs!

I'll post as links from now on.

I know you aren't a guy to post spoilers.

But I don't know how to explain it, I just want to have that "Wow" experience when you get the game, like the install menu you posted and the menu ( Which looks awesome ) - It's small stuff, but still adds up :)

I have no idea, it doesn't give you a close up of the grave.

Probably though, as MGS3 ends in the graveyard at the Boss' grave :yes:

But I thought I seen her in the trailers? :-\

lol never mind wrong person. :p

Edited by MchWalte

I know you aren't a guy to post spoilers.

But I don't know how to explain it, I just want to have that "Wow" experience when you get the game, like the install menu you posted and the menu ( Which looks awesome ) - It's small stuff, but still adds up :)

Yeah no probs mate. I was the one being anal about spoilers earlier, so I know how it feels.

My last crop of snaps for now, I want to go play the game :laugh:

They show off in-game shots. It's crisp and smooth :woot: No spoilers at all, it's shots from the area we've all seen a 1000 times!

Also honestly, the transitions from cutscene to game play are awesomely done!

The intro to the game is brilliant, but I kind of spoiled it for myself before now anyway. I watched it online. However it doesn't compare to watching it in HD on your own TV.

All I'll say is attention to detail is nice, you notice dust and dirt on the "camera" lens if you know what I mean, it's cool.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/gavd...es/IMG_1001.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/gavd...es/IMG_1002.jpg

^ Corris makes a cameo in this screen haha.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/gavd...es/IMG_1003.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/gavd...es/IMG_1004.jpg

You can turn on subtitles for in-game and cutscenes, which a lot of our users might be glad to know!

ps. I've noticed I haven't had theatre mode turned on, on my Bravia for any of the snaps - It makes things look better. Probably wouldn't show up much in these snaps though.

does it look native 1080p? scaled or what?

jaggies??

note: Your still a jammy sod! :p

It's going to be 1080p scaled (if it were native, you'd of heard by now), but at least it chooses to run in it by default - Unlike GTA4 where you have to force it, then it doesn't "feel right", like you should just let it run in what it wants.

Graphics are nice, minimal jaggies. Most things look really smooth. Frame rate seems solid. It's gotta be 30FPS, but I don't think it's capped at 30 - In other words I think it runs higher when it can.

Away for a marathon now, back later ;)

Am i on ignore or something?

Can you remap the buttons, i want aiming and shooting on triggers not shoulder buttons.

Went to leave feedback, LOL

Dear _ (_@_.com),

We'd like to let you know that eBay has ended an item you were bidding on for breaching of one or more of our policies. As it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we can't tell you exactly why the listing was removed.

Any offers or bids placed on this listing are now null and void. If you were the winning bidder, you're no longer obliged to pay for the item:

350067140477 - METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS PS3 *POST NOW*

Here's what you can do if you've already paid for the item:

If you won the item and you've already paid for it, you can choose to reverse the payment or ask the seller for a refund. If you've already received the item you've the option of accepting it or returning it to the seller for a refund.

1) Contact the seller

2) Contact your payment provider

3) Report that the matter hasn't been resolved

- Contact the seller

At this stage, we recommend that you contact the seller and discuss the situation. These situations can often be resolved with a friendly conversation.

Check your email account for any previous emails you received from the seller - these may contain their contact information. Unfortunately, we can't give you the seller's contact details.

- Contact your payment provider

If you can't reach the seller, contact the service that you used to send payment. They may be able to reverse the payment.

If you used PayPal, copy this link into a new browser window to find out whether your purchase is protected:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...outside#dispute

If you paid by another method, such as bank transfer or credit card, contact your bank or credit card company.

- Report that the matter hasn't been resolved

If you're not able to arrange a refund and you didn't receive the item (or it wasn't as described in the listing), please let us know. You can contact us from any eBay Help page.

We assure you that your eBay record won't be negatively affected by this matter. We've told the seller that this listing has been removed and that you're no longer obliged to complete the purchase.

Finally, as the listing has been removed, no Feedback can be left for the purchase.

We hope that this information helps you decide how to proceed in this situation. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

Am i on ignore or something?

Can you remap the buttons, i want aiming and shooting on triggers not shoulder buttons.

I didn't see your question first time, no need to ask if you're on ignore... :/

I don't know I haven't checked, I'll see just now.

edit: I don't think you can change specific buttons, but there's a lot to do with inverting/changing sensitivity and lock on options.

damn you audio hahaha

I have to go to Walmart and see if they have it already. They always have stuff before the release date.