Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Glad you removed those tags now Audio, 'else I would be rubbing one off :laugh:

( The game, not the playboy thing )

IMG_1015.jpg

ooops, I tagged this one :devil:

Believe im on Act 2 now ;)

No more info from me!

It took me 5 hours 53mins to complete Act 1.

Believe im on Act 2 now ;)

No more info from me!

It took me 5 hours 53mins to complete Act 1.

How long was the install between Acts?

Second time I'm going to play through it yet again with a official walkthrough (ordered an LE of it) - just to make sure I have played through the game and gotten every item and hidden something :p

First time will be all me of course :D

How long was the install between Acts?

3 minutes.

I used it to go get a drink and take a leak, after sitting for like 5+ hours solid :laugh:

3 minutes.

I used it to go get a drink and take a leak, after sitting for like 5+ hours solid :laugh:

Loading/Installing times are always a good time to take a leak :p

After the Install between acts, do you need to press a button to continue or does it just keep going once installed?

( So you don't miss anything while you are getting a drink or taking a leak )

After the Install between acts, do you need to press a button to continue or does it just keep going once installed?

( So you don't miss anything while you are getting a drink or taking a leak )

You have to push start to continue. Once it's done loading, it stays on the 3D snake until you do.

The game's been made well in consideration for people wanting to take a break and/or running off for 5 minutes. You won't miss anything.

Every cutscene is also pausable.

Amazon U.S. website down

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Online retailer Amazon.com Inc said its U.S. website was down for about 2 hours on Friday and it was unclear when service would be restored in full.

A spokeswoman for Amazon said the site was unavailable starting at around 13:25 a.m. EDT, but declined to specify the cause.

Users in the United States who tried signing onto the popular portal saw a message saying the service was unavailable.

Amazon's international sites, such as amazon.co.jp, amazon.co.uk and amazon.de, were not affected, nor were its Web services, the spokeswoman said. Two hours after the outage, some users were able to access the site intermittently.

Internet content delivery company Akamai Technologies Inc, which counts Amazon among its customers, has had no problems with its network on Friday, said Akamai spokesman Jeff Young.

Amazon shares fell 4.59 percent to close at $80.63 on the Nasdaq. Akamai shares fell 4.91 percent to $37.38.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080606/wr_nm/amazon_dc

LOL, their shares went down!

Great, could just imagine me coming back from a wee, at the end of a cutscene "... Was the killer, that's why I have to kill you!"

:laugh:

Nice screen Audio, Thanks!!!!, just one tiny question, when Act1 is over, does it mean that you are moving to a whole new level/area cuz 5 hours is A LOT

Nice screen Audio, Thanks!!!!, just one tiny question, when Act1 is over, does it mean that you are moving to a whole new level/area cuz 5 hours is A LOT

Yes

I might be playing this before the release date! MGS4 is in stock at Play.com as I'm typing this! My order status is currently at "Order Placed", so it's still at the first step. It shouldn't take that long to process payment anyway. I paid for it using my PlayFunds, and they took the ?39.99 as soon as I placed the order!:DD I've just gotta wait for them to send the "shipped" email, which will hopefully be tomorrow, if I'm lucky, so fingers crossed!

just to answer your question earlier why you have aus/nz copy audio as this seller whoever it is has obviously taken these off the production line and sold them as usually Aus/NZ PAL games are usually produced first when comes to production I believe of PAL games due to shipping time from production to the region here.

HUGE SPOILER!

So who had the balls to hover over this? Eh? I told you I wasn't going to post any big spoilers. I wonder who here trusts me then? *wink* *wink*

Edited by Audioboxer

hahah you dunno how much i resisted, i was squinting and moving the mouse over it quickly so i couldnt see it properly.

You are a bad bad man Audioboxer. :p