Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

What do you rate it now that you are done with it?

Don't feel like I can touch another game for quite a while.

Already? You should have taken your time man. Don't you feel it's all over too soon?

Already? You should have taken your time man. Don't you feel it's all over too soon?

This isn't GTA4, I don't get tired/bored playing the game after 45 mins to 1 hour ;) (Used GTA4 as my example as it will probably take me roughly the same amount of hours as MGS4, however I've currently had GTA4 since launch and it ain't done yet!)

Couldn't put it down. I almost went to bed tonight to watch the end tomorrow - I knew I was closing in. However I couldn't, had to keep going.

I wouldn't say I rushed it, but I didn't go slow either - Didn't focus much on extras/unlockables or pickups. Purely a storyline play through.

Not really a spoiler, but a bit of advice.

If you are completely new to MGS, please try and play 1-3 before playing this - I would avoid plot guides (you won't have the same attachment just reading text on screen for 1-3 and then coming into 4), even if you're the laziest person around, just play the first three. It's not really to help with this game as such, but it will make your experience a lot better (Y)

Edited by Audioboxer

O.K. you're making me want it even more now lol. I'm still on around 66% on GTA4.

I think 3 was the first MGS game I really played, wish I hadn't sold it a few weeks ago now :(

tbh I've got such a **** memory, (I mean, really ****ing bad) that I don't know how much benefit I would really get from going back to the previous games.

O.K. you're making me want it even more now lol. I'm still on around 66% on GTA4.

I think 3 was the first MGS game I really played, wish I hadn't sold it a few weeks ago now :(

tbh I've got such a **** memory, (I mean, really ****ing bad) that I don't know how much benefit I would really get from going back to the previous games.

If it's any help i've written story out on page 45 or so if you need a brush up on things.

or can see it on my blog here http://antz007.wordpress.com/2008/06/05/me...so-far/#more-24

Playing through again and I'm not going to kill anyone.

Gotta unlock some more extras ;)

One of the extras requirements is like HOLY **** - I doubt many people will get it.

Playing through again and I'm not going to kill anyone.

Gotta unlock some more extras ;)

One of the extras requirements is like HOLY **** - I doubt many people will get it.

24 Hours seems like a lot and thank you again for not spoiling anything, i reckon the ending must be amazing, 4 more days!!!

^

Spoilers much? :/

Don't view it I'd say, it's much more appropriate seeing that unexpectedly at the RIGHT part in the game - Not on Youtube.

Another tiny question, during the game, do you get any choices which will effect the later part of the game?

( Like the torture test in MGS 1 for an example )

I am tempted to ask how we achieve unlockables such as stealth and the bandanna (unlimited ammo) in MGS4 (or if you even can achieve these items).

However the above was a rhetorical question and I have now decided I do not want to know, so if anyone answers this it better be in spoiler tags. :p

I couldn't wait, so I just read the whole strategy guide (with the whole story), and all I can say is: OMG! WTF! AWESOME!

You guys/gals will love it, its the best MGS game ever (and that is even competing with MGS3, which I hold very dearly).

Not that anyone cares but GAME have picked and packed my copy of the game :D Hopefully might get it Wednesday.

Same here. :woot:

omg! my order on play-asia is being prepared. that means it'll ship out today or tomorrow! i'm using UPS delivery by the way so i'll get it within 1 - 2 days. :D :D woohoo!

Same here. :woot:

+1

No news on my DualShock 3 though :/

I'm not playing without it. (actually, that's probably a load of bull, but I really hope it gets here in time)

+1

No news on my DualShock 3 though :/

I'm not playing without it. (actually, that's probably a load of bull, but I really hope it gets here in time)

My Dualshock 3 from 365 Games came really quickly! :)

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

-Rich-

Anyones play.com order moved past "Order Placed" status?

Mine is still on "Order Placed". :( I'm not giving up hope, though. Play.com seems to have been on the blink for the past month. I ordered GTAIV off them. It kept jumping to different stages. Up to "Processing", then to "Packing", than back to "Processing", then a few days later, I got an email saying it had been shipped. 10 minutes later, it arrived on my doorstep! :D

My Jabra BT125 is doing this as well. It went from "Order Placed" to "Processing" to "Packing" in less than 30 minutes, then an hour later it went back "Processing". It's still there as I'm typing this.