Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

I was going to say, I know you were going to wait till we got the game before saying anything, but when we get the game, by the time we finish it it probably wouldn't be till late friday anyway and wont want anythign spoiled, so I was going to suggest playing through with us on thrusday or atleast waiting till the weekend before the spoilers start appearing.

:laugh: It's not like the minute it turns the 12th I'm raging on here and posting how the game ends! Or will I be :shiftyninja:

The ending of MGS4 is so awesome, you people will die of a heart attack. And that is after you learn the real truth (and that is if you don't die from a heart attack then).

Its awesome, simply perfect. I didn't expect any of it, and I've read hundred of theories.

Lets just say that its unpredictable, so don't even try.

^

Kinda spoilerish hint of direction there! :/ Shoulda spoiler tagged or just not said anything till release like me.

Did you spoil it for yourself, or do you have the game?

Yeah, but thanks for telling us then so we can't be surprised ourselves :rolleyes:

Christ -.-

There is nothing I can tell you (unless its the ending itself) that can spoil it for you, believe me.

^

Kinda spoilerish hint of direction there! :/ Shoulda spoiler tagged or just not said anything till release like me.

Did you spoil it for yourself, or do you have the game?

I couldn't wait for the game, so I read the whole story in the strategy guide.

There is nothing I can tell you (unless its the ending itself) that can spoil it for you, believe me.

I don't care, the stuff you are posting is leaning towards spoiler material and kinda ruin any surprises when you already told us what we can expect.

I don't care, the stuff you are posting is leaning towards spoiler material and kinda ruin any surprises when you already told us what we can expect.

I told you can expect the best ending, that is not spoiling anything (unless you wanted a crappy ending, and then I would tell you: "dude, this is MGS, wtf").

I couldn't wait for the game, so I read the whole story in the strategy guide.

EPIC fail.

You read a strategy guide to uncover the story :| ....

I mean, I think the people watching the ending on youtube are bad enough, but from a strategy guide?!!!?!

EPIC fail.

You read a strategy guide to uncover the story :| ....

I mean, I think the people watching the ending on youtube are bad enough, but from a strategy guide?!!!?!

Not all of us are lucky enough to get the game early, so I did the next best thing.

Not all of us are lucky enough to get the game early, so I did the next best thing.

The best thing is to wait for the game to come out :laugh: :D

I was just reading thru the whole MG story, does MGS4 answers anything about the wisemen's committee (aka the patriots <- I think).

MGS4 Guns of the Patriots.

:laugh:

It answers everything about MGS for the record.

MGS4 Guns of the Patriots.

:laugh:

It answers everything about MGS for the record.

Heck, that comment was more spoilerish than mine.

Heck, that comment was more spoilerish than mine.

The game is called Guns of The Patriots.

And it's the finale to the MGS saga. Downright obvious it would answer any outstanding questions :/ :rolleyes:

1) It's the name of the game

2) We've known for a long time MGS4 would pretty much fill all the gaps from the previous Metal Gears.

So not really.

1) It's the name of the game

2) We've known for a long time MGS4 would pretty much fill all the gaps from the previous Metal Gears.

So not really.

How is telling you that MGS4 answers every question you'd have less of a spoiler than saying that it has a great ending?

Seriously, if you ever played any other MGS game, you'd know that a great ending is kind of the rule.

Yes, I know It's a rule to have a great ending, but not how the end will "Tell the real truth" and "I will have a heart attack", that's just god damn spoiling, do you understand now?!

That's not a spoiler in any way in my opinion. He's simply hyping up the ending for the rest of us that haven't finished. It's like saying that people who tell you a movie will have a twist in it are spoiling it. You still don't know what the twist is and knowing it's coming won't make it any less surprising.

Yes, I know It's a rule to have a great ending, but not how the end will "Tell the real truth" and "I will have a heart attack", that's just god damn spoiling, do you understand now?!

Ahm, no?

Its the game that answers all the question (or if you prefer it, TELL THE REAL TRUTH) and it surelely has a great ending (or a SURE HEART ATTACK).

Can't you follow the logic?

No, I don't follow your logic.

Also, thanks to you I won't be returning to this thread until I completed the game, in case you feel to need to 'hint' some more :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot.

Ahm, no?

Its the game that answers all the question (or if you prefer it, TELL THE REAL TRUTH) and it surelely has a great ending (or a SURE HEART ATTACK).

Can't you follow the logic?

Answering all your questions, and hinting at things by saying "telling the real truth" are a bit different if you ask me. Everyone expects the finale to conclude everything, but no one really knows about any "real truths" that might come up. That is suggesting a previous game lead us to believe something that now might not be true.

Hell I'm the one who completed the game :laugh:

Hinting at truth and lies is a little spoilerish if you ask me... Some folk might not care, but others are totally anal about knowing nothing coming into MGS.

As for saying the ending will give you a heart attack, that is just building hype, not really a spoiler. However I chose not to comment on anything until release and I still am not.

No, I don't follow your logic.

Also, thanks to you I won't be returning to this thread until I completed the game, in case you feel to need to 'hint' some more :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot.

Even gigapixels said it, so don't be such a cry baby. I'm only hyping the ending to your benefit. And don't worry, I wouldn't post any real spoiler (and if someone really wanted, I would PM them instead).

Answering all your questions, and hinting at things by saying "telling the real truth" are a bit different if you ask me.

Hell I'm the one who completed the game laugh.gif

Hinting at truth and lies is a little spoilerish if you ask me...

Woah woah, I never said anything about there being lies in the game (but seriously, this is Metal Gear Solid, any real fan would've noticed its structure).

Yeah, because Gigapixels word is final because his name is blue, right.

I have a different view on this, you have another.

And now feel free to PM me if you have anything else.

Yeah, because Gigapixels word is final because his name is blue, right.

I have a different view on this, you have another.

And now feel free to PM me if you have anything else.

No, its not because gigapixels name is blue, its because he's a lot more mature than you by the looks of it.

Do you really want me to spoil you the story or not? I would guess not, but if you think otherwise, PM me first.