Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Woah woah, I never said anything about there being lies in the game (but seriously, this is Metal Gear Solid, any real fan would've noticed its structure).
And that is after you learn the real truth

Well to me that hints at something we've been told previously not being entirely true, which = a "lie" ;)

I think everyone should just shutup and not post anything remotely spoilerish till release like me! :laugh: That way we keep everyone in the topic happy. Those who want spoiled can request for someone to PM them.

MGS4 Guns of the Patriots.

:laugh:

It answers everything about MGS for the record.

You're right :laugh: Duhhh

I was just wondering because it's more that 4 years between MGS2 and MGS4.

Well to me that hints at something we've been told previously not being entirely true, which = a "lie" ;)

Not necessarily, but I would suggest to stop this here and not "spoil" it for everyone. I'm open to conversations through PM's.

We've been waiting for this game for way too long now. It'll be finally out in a matter of days or hours :p

I forgot about the ignore feature, no need to leave after all :laugh:

I pre-ordered my MGS 4 through a Gamestop offer and will get a T-shirt too, anyone know what that shirt looks like?

Hope It's something subtle so you can actually wear in public.

But man, I can't believe we are this close to release :D

I forgot about the ignore feature, no need to leave after all :laugh:

I pre-ordered my MGS 4 through a Gamestop offer and will get a T-shirt too, anyone know what that shirt looks like?

Hope It's something subtle so you can actually wear in public.

But man, I can't believe we are this close to release :D

LOL.

I know what you mean. Will no doubt be a HUGE picture of old snakes face with no text and look ugly as! :laugh:

Might be something like this?

mgs4tshirt1_2.jpg

By the way, anyone know when Gamespot or 1UPs reviews are coming?

1UP Yours this week is going to be discussing MGS4 :woot:

But then again, there's the back

mgs4tshirt2_2.jpg

People would actually come up to me and hit me wearing something like that :rofl:

And a pathetic PM from MGS;

"OMGZ THE ENDING WTF LOLZ... please

I won't spoil it."

And he's talking about maturity :sleep:

Alright, come on everybody, just stick to the topic. If I or any other staff see something that is a spoiler, we'll take care of it.

mgs4tshirt2_2.jpg

People would actually come up to me and hit me wearing something like that :rofl:

Yes I would :p .

Anyone else tired of the same image over and over again. :/

mgs4tshirt2_2.jpg

Eeeek.

Video gaming clothing usually = Total fail.

Parts of the LE MGS4 guide! No spoilers, just some artwork. Looks really sweet :D (It's $19.99 on Amazon I think)

SANY1013.jpg

SANY1028.jpg

SANY1029.jpg

SANY1030.jpg

SANY1031.jpg

SANY1032.jpg

SANY1033.jpg

Doing some searching, seems there's two shirts which could possibly be in the offer - The one you linked Audio and this one,

1005074qs2.jpg

I mean, oh god that's horrible :pinch:

Eeeek.

Video gaming clothing usually = Total fail.

Parts of the LE MGS4 guide! No spoilers, just some artwork. Looks really sweet :D

SANY1031.jpg

I love the pose that meryl makes :D , But havn't seen any artwork of eva anywhere ( :| not the old mama, they young eve :devil: )

Doing some searching, seems there's two shirts which could possibly be in the offer - The one you linked Audio and this one,

1005074qs2.jpg

I mean, oh god that's horrible :pinch:

That's the Hottopic MGS tee.

There's two of them, I posted them both earlier in this thread (2nd isn't the same as the one we've just posted).

The other looked ok, but it seemed like it had "shiny" text, aka it was quite "girly".

If I had a choice of getting a mgs4 t-shirt, it would be this one.

medium2488774959fd97103cq9.jpg

has awesome written all over it.

That's not a spoiler in any way in my opinion. He's simply hyping up the ending for the rest of us that haven't finished. It's like saying that people who tell you a movie will have a twist in it are spoiling it. You still don't know what the twist is and knowing it's coming won't make it any less surprising.

No, but telling someone that there is going to be a twist in a film takes a away from the immersion of it in my opinion.

Sitting there not knowing much is far better than sitting there knowing that at some point there will be a twist and of course then I cant exactly trust anything that is going on in the film knowing that it will be turned around.

No, but telling someone that there is going to be a twist in a film takes a away from the immersion of it in my opinion.

Sitting there not knowing much is far better than sitting there knowing that at some point there will be a twist and of course then I cant exactly trust anything that is going on in the film knowing that it will be turned around.

Not to offend, but you'd have to be pretty naive not to think that there would be no twists in a movie which prequel is MGS2 aka. The Twister.

BTW, awesome Tshirt.

Not to offend, but you'd have to be pretty naive not to think that there would be no twists in a movie which prequel is MGS2 aka. The Twister.

BTW, awesome Tshirt.

Not at all, I was just replaying to the film part.

I don't think what you said was that bad, I totally expect things to be explained and for twists to happen in this game.

And I really expect a great ending for the series too, however it ends up.

GameInformer MGS4 Review!

MGS 4 - 10, 9.75 biggrin.gif

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309870

Omg Infamous, finally!.

I've been waiting for news on the game for what feels like forever.

Hopefully he will put something up form the magazine, whatever they have about it.

I might try playing on Big Boss hard :laugh:

It'll probably be as bad, or worse than European Extreme mode on MGS2. That mode literally kicked my ass :|

I might try playing on Big Boss hard :laugh:

It'll probably be as bad, or worse than European Extreme mode on MGS2. That mode literally kicked my ass :|

Read PM if you're planning to play it on Big Boss hard.

Here is what Game Informer said about MGS4:

MGS 4 - 10, 9.75 - "MGS4 accommodates player choice unlike anything I have ever seen, providing you with the tools to overcome obstacles in any way you choose." "The freedom even extends to the Boss Fights." "...a landmark gaming experience that continually astounds with it's variety, depth, and intelligence."

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309870

:D

Hopefully mine will be here tomorrow. I'm way too excited now for it. I didn't really follow it much as i didn't own a PS3 but now i do i've gone into overdrive and read everything about it. Except spoilers of course. Just need to hurry up and finish Ratchet and Clank now