Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Solid (or Old, whatever you prefer) Snake told me at the end of MGS4: Gavin, Expect a postal strike...

OOOPS SPOILERZ!!!

sweet pre-ordering a day out hopefully all is well and i'm ignoring everything thats leaked well so i still don't have anymore clue about 4 since i first posted in here and before audio got the game :D

sweet pre-ordering a day out hopefully all is well and i'm ignoring everything thats leaked well so i still don't have anymore clue about 4 since i first posted in here and before audio got the game :D

Whaa?

You don't know yet?! :o :phone:

MGS4 360 Port Confirmed by Otacon IN-GAME!

Uptight.

:p

Just a few days, I promise it's worth the winding up and the wait.

You'll forgive me when you play.

BADGERS!!!

... thought we'd started a game of 'whats that word'? :p

AB, are you compelled to replay as much as we did in previous games?

BADGERS!!!

... thought we'd started a game of 'whats that word'? :p

AB, are you compelled to replay as much as we did in previous games?

Yup but im holding out till you guys get the game to go through at the same time!

There's lots of extras to get, plus there's one thing that's ideally suited for a second play through - Seeing as on your first time, you won't really want to use it as much ;)

Mine is on the way to my house :) Happy days

Who did you buy with?

It could arrive tomorrow!

Who did you buy with?

It could arrive tomorrow!

Shopto, and it should arrive tomorrow :)

My hype for the game is all gone :/

Mine isn't :)

Shopto, and it should arrive tomorrow :)

Mine isn't :)

Yeah Shop-To do next day.

Well you didn't have someone PM you some of the main plots/endings in the game :/

My hype for the game is all gone :/

You'll still enjoy it (Y)

He didn't ruin everything, far from it.

Yeah, you are probably right.

But still some pretty crucial information in the Metal Gear story, plus the fact he was allowed to it do with little/no real 'punishment' -.- Load of bull ...

Yeah, you are probably right.

But still some pretty crucial information in the Metal Gear story, plus the fact he was allowed to it do with little/no real 'punishment' -.- Load of bull ...

What did I miss, someone spill the beans on the ending or something?

Metal Gear Solid to be released on PSN

Konami look set to announce that the ultimate Metal Gear Solid experience, MGS for the PSOne, will be making its way to Sony's Playstation Network sometime in the next month, after the launch of Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots. Along with further rumours that they are also planning to launch a software update with MGS4 to include cross media bar integration and those infamous trophies, it seems this is another rumoured aspect of the MGS saga.

Source: N4G.com

Mines on the way, atleast i can sit and look at it.

That really sucks man, but dont worry, i believe there is a balance, they will get what they deserve...

on another note:

I will not be able to play it either, mostly because there is family in town, im probably gonna start playing it until the next weekend, so come this thursday im gonna disappear from this thread and the internet

Hey AB, got a non-spoiler question for you: does the game come with additional languages? Can you try set your system language to French or something and play the game, see if it has subtitles or whatever? Or if there are any options in-game?

I'm in Germany ATM, and I want to buy it here (usually loads of stock and really low prices. I got MGS2 the day after launch for ?20 new from a store). But I don't want the game to be in German. So if the English version has other languages, chances are they'll ship the same disk to all regions, making the German version include English.

Thanks

Hey AB, got a non-spoiler question for you: does the game come with additional languages? Can you try set your system language to French or something and play the game, see if it has subtitles or whatever? Or if there are any options in-game?

I'm in Germany ATM, and I want to buy it here (usually loads of stock and really low prices. I got MGS2 the day after launch for ?20 new from a store). But I don't want the game to be in German. So if the English version has other languages, chances are they'll ship the same disk to all regions, making the German version include English.

Thanks

There definitely isn't spoken languages for every region. I think there will be subtitled support though.

The game has subtitles on my copy in english, I'd assume a German copy would have german subtitles, english spoken.

This greasemonkey script is making me laugh, it replaces the word spoiler with "sexy time".

Hehe yeah, and La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo is everywhere :laugh: