Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

They should have a fanboy greasemonkey script that can detect fanboy rambling and turn the whole block of text into "sexy time". :laugh:

Just remember to turn that script off after you get the game, or you'll be wondering why half your posts say "sexy time" :p

"Hey guys I love when Snake does sexy time in MGS4!" :woot:

(more like when Naomi does sexy time... :drool:)

Alright one thing guys, I havn't been following the thread closely much but how do you have the game already? Sorry if this has been answered or is too obvious :blushing:

Alright one thing guys, I havn't been following the thread closely much but how do you have the game already? Sorry if this has been answered or is too obvious :blushing:

Oh, that's just Audioboxer cleaning out Ebay :laugh:

One and a half more days. I have to keep it together till then, or I could just beat MSG3. Shame I won't be able to play the two psp games before tomorrow night.

Guys in preparation for tomorrow (I think some of you are going to get the game), READ THE MANUAL.

First game I'd really recommend you do - Controls have changed vastly from prior games, and you'll not know how to do some of the cool things you can unless you read.

Oh God, I need to find a way to play this game. I've got my MacBook, and my PS3, and an old (really old) computer. It doesn't have a mouse, has 200MB RAM, some old AMD rubbish CPU, and a noname GPU, and XP SP1. It also has no USB or Ethernet. I happened to have a WinTV PVR-250MCE with me, and after burning multiple CDs, I have about 10FPS for about 15 minutes, before the capture software demo dies (it's AMCAP - based off the Microsoft SDK sample. Why charge for it?!). Oh, and I've managed to make a composite audio -> 3.5mm adapter, so the audio's running through GarageBand.

This is not an optimal playing experience. I need to get ahold of a DVI monitor from somewhere.

That said, I do have my PSP. I've just got to pray MGS4 is Remote-Play enabled (doubt it. Heavily)

Does the game come out tomorrow or Thursday? I thought it was 6/12.

For me here in NZ, yea. it's currently as of this post Wednesday 11th @ 12:35 lunch time here in NZ so this time tomorrow I should get the game

1 more day. :D I feel like knocking myself out on sleeping pills for the entire day to let the time pass by quick.

I jest, I jest. :p

I don't! :p

-Rich-

I just picked up my copy after work today. Just about to put the disk in the PS3, hopefully the install doesn't too long, I wanna play it now :p :laugh:

EDIT: The installer is cool, (old) snake lights up a ciggy while he waits :p

EDIT: Probally should of put that in spoiler tags..opps

Edited by Xerxes

I just picked up my copy after work today. Just about to put the disk in the PS3, hopefully the install doesn't too long, I wanna play it now :p :laugh:

EDIT: The installer is cool, (old) snake lights up a ciggy while he waits :p

We know, now shush :hmmm: :p

-Rich-

Mine is despatched. So looks like tomorrow i will be getting it :(

So i paid an extra ?2 to get the dual shock 3 here today, for nothing. Oh well another day extra to try and finish Ratchet and Clank.

Do you think there's any chance that Rogers Video will let me get it on Wednesday at 11:00PM when they close since they don't have a midnight launch? :unsure:

I guess it doesn't hurt to go ask them because Rogers Video is literally 1 minute from my house on foot

I am trying to finish MGS3 in one day! I have my Rockstar ready. Game have still not sent my copy :( I really hope I get it tomorrow.

Been playing it for a little while now, all I can say is :drool: I loved Metal Gear Solid 3, but this is just a whole another level, it just rocks!