Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

I may have just made this up but i'm sure i read that the DS3 only has two small motors in it and not big motors so the rumble won't be so strong. I have a feeling i am making that up though :p

Play.com dispatched my order yesterday at 12:41pm. It arrived at my door about 10minutes ago. Now thats service!. Now i've got to wait until tonight to play it... Damn'd work.

Contemplating taking tomorrow or Friday off to play it tbh.

Still, one day early. not bad! I remember (all those years ago) I pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto 3 from play, and it turned up a day or two early. And I got it for ?20 when it was ?35 in Game.

Am i the only one who bought a black DS3? The console is black so a black DS3 makes sense and its cheaper.

I bought the white one myself to make it easier to distinguish the dualshock from the non dualshock.

That and it matches my 3 360 controllers.

I'll be impressed if you do! MGS3 is a whole different game compared to the others. It's also the longest in the entire series (in my opinion). If you've played it before, you'll probably know what to to when you come across the end if you didn't kill him earlier! Simply change the date on your PS2 clock about a week forward, then play the game, and he has died of old age! :D

You're right .. no way am I going to be able to complete it by tomorrow, god dammit! Looks like I won't be starting MGS4 till Sunday/Monday. :cry:

Also yes - I know about the tricks to kill the End. However when I first played it I didn't know - took me about 45 minutes to kill that sly devil!

I guess I am the only person on the world who never played, and have no plans to play, any of the previous MG titles but am still going to play MGS4. :rofl:

holy wow was reading on GAF that you have the option to listen to codecs through your USB/bluetooth headset! :woot:

/me go's hunting for headset charger

I guess I am the only person on the world who never played, and have no plans to play, any of the previous MG titles but am still going to play MGS4. :rofl:

Actually i have a couple of friends just like you, its a shame because the old games were/are awesome.

Thought the experience of playing them now is not as good as if you had played them when they were originally released.

You should get the MGS Essentials Collecttion only $30 for MGS1,2 and 3 :D

I must say, I'm not that impressed with the rumble though, I was just playing the GRiD demo, and it's really weak compared to GRiD on the 360 :(

That demo really isn't the best way to showcase the rumble in the DS3. There are other demo's/games that are far better.

The full GRID game rumble support is much better.

Same here, but I've never even seem them. I wouldn't mind trying the latest one.

holy wow was reading on GAF that you have the option to listen to codecs through your USB/bluetooth headset! :woot:

Sweet, i need to dig out my bluetooth headset that ive never used.

That demo really isn't the best way to showcase the rumble in the DS3. There are other demo's/games that are far better.

The full GRID game rumble support is much better.

Thanks for the info, but as I have GRiD for the 360 and a wireless wheel, I won't be getting it for the PS3.

I'm off to look for a list of rumble enabled games

EDIT: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...sage.id=1963229

Same here, but I've never even seem them. I wouldn't mind trying the latest one.

Well for me, I have a friend who was obsessed with these games, and his apartment was the apartment we all used to hang out at, sleep over a lot because we were drunk, and one summer he went on a MG bonanza and just kept playing all of the games over and over and over and over, so I almost feel like I have played them myself.

Sweet, i need to dig out my bluetooth headset that ive never used.

Same here. Finally have a use for it (well MGO as well).

I never heard of Metal Gear Solid till 2 months ago! So I will be only playing MGS4.

Lol!

Me too, I played MGS2 for a bit, but never really got on with it. Probably due to my age back then.

I've loved the look of MGS4 so far and intend to buy it along with a PS3.

My Amazon order got dispatched today, I should get it tomorrow :p

I bought MGS3 last year but I really couldn't get into it. I really didn't like the whole "Bandage your arm/legs" thing but I'll probably go back and play it after I finish MGS4.

The codec thing via bluetooth sounds really cool, I need to buy myself one >.<

I've been playing it for the last hour or so and it's simply stunning. I shall say no more.

Awesome, mine should arrive tomorrow even though i wont get another PS3 till monthend, really looking forward to playing it.

wow at your guys on the other side of the world who are playing the game already

anyways its only wednesday in Canada but I'll be picking it up tonight from Wal Mart