Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

No, but yeah as you have completed it

Oh well I'm sure some of you will ###### it like I did and complete it in like 2 sittings :laugh:

(mild spoilers below!)

I would say take your time, but honestly, first play through will be a story play through. I hardly touched the ipod first time through ;)

Plus you pickup songs as hidden items throughout the game.

I don't think I have ever wanted to play a game as much as this one. I know it will live up to the hype for me. It's only a game I know but bloody hell I am so excited !

I just hope i will be able to pick up a copy at my local Tesco's tonight. Does anyone else know of Tesco's/Adsa doing a midnight launch for the game?

Oh well I'm sure some of you will ###### it like I did and complete it in like 2 sittings :laugh:

(mild spoilers below!)

I would say take your time, but honestly, first play through will be a story play through. I hardly touched the ipod first time through ;)

Plus you pickup songs as hidden items throughout the game.

You could at least tag them :/

I would say take your time, but honestly, first play through will be a story play through. I hardly touched the ipod on the first play through ;)

unfortunately I can't play it until friday :(

I have promised my friend I would play it with him, that little sucker doesn't have a PS3 :angry:

^

Midnight is a dreaful time to pickup this game, you'll get no sleep :p

I actually would seriously either

a) Sleep and will till morning to buy

or

b) Buy it at midnight and sleep and start playing in the morning

You could at least tag them :/

Everyone knows about the ipod.

Konami officially announced it ages ago and there has been many screens of it posted in here.

Then it's not a spoiler is it?

No not really, but it is a reference to something in the game which people don't have yet. Therefore I gave a small heads up for the purists.

It would be worse if I spoiler tagged it, as everyone is going to assume anything behind the "black rectangle" just now is going to reveal something "major". No one in their right mind is going to hover over anything this close to release ;)

I just hope i will be able to pick up a copy at my local Tesco's tonight. Does anyone else know of Tesco's/Adsa doing a midnight launch for the game?

If its a 24 hour Tesco/Asda, you should be able to just ask after midnight for a copy?

Personally its what I would be doing if I wasn't goign to be at the gf's for the night, and she lives close to the city centre, so I'll just take a walk in jsut before the shops open to buy mine then fly home as quickly as possible to play. :D

Heads up guys!

Some additional DLC for in-game is available under the extras menu.

New songs and octocamo!

(no, it doesn't cost any money).

I wish I wasn't working 2moro :cry:

I have to wait 2moro as I am trading in GTA4 towards MGS4 at Game (as you get ?30 for GTA4), also before you say "Why trade in GTA4?" Simple, I have a PS3 version and my brother has the 360 version, if I wanna play it I can just play it on the 360:))

But seriously, 5pm 2moro cannot come soon enough! :busted::

Who said i was going to be playing it when i get back tonight? :shifty:

Nah i'll be getting some sleep hopefully. I am seeing my gf tomorrow so i won't get much chance to play it tomorrow either. I might order the White DS3 now since i probably won't get too much play time until Friday. Hmmm decisions.

Nah i'll be getting some sleep hopefully. I am seeing my gf tomorrow so i won't get much chance to play it tomorrow either. I might order the White DS3 now since i probably won't get too much play time until Friday. Hmmm decisions.

Girlfriends don't come before MGS.

Don't ever make that mistake again.

Getting sleep?

Loser. :p

I have already told my gf that I wont be seeing her for a few days after tonight, she isn't too happy, but understands somewhat that sometimes I will disappear for a few days after a game release, gta games, final fantasys and such like.

As much as I love her, I love games too. :p

Too true. :rofl:

Getting sleep?

Loser. :p

I have already told my gf that I wont be seeing her for a few days after tonight, she isn't too happy, but understands somewhat that sometimes I will disappear for a few days after a game release, gta games, final fantasys and such like.

As much as I love her, I love games too. :rofl:

Sounds like your GF is your PS3 :rofl:

Oh, a question Audioboxer about MGS Online

does the on-line portion still use the silly Konami ID stuff?

While I don't care as I had one for the beta, but was just wondering for those who are new, or have they streamlined the process through the game?

Can you go into some detail of how it works now, didn't the beta have only mgs game friends list and not the global one, is it the same in the full version?

Sounds like your GF is your PS3 :rofl:

Lol!

If only :laugh:

I don't have to take a Ps3 out, I can buy it games we both enjoy, it never moans if it doesn't get attention, and because we never go out, it never takes ages getting changed or choosing cloths, lol.

Anyone know where I can import "metal gear solid - essential collection" to europe? Checked amazon and Best Buy without any luck. Decided I really want to burn through those old ones before buying IV :)

Just been playing MotorStorm with the DS3, and while it's an improvement over the DiRT demo, it still hasn't got the same kick as as the 360.

I wonder if it can be modded?

Is the rumble feature heavily used in MGS4? What about the motion sensors?

Anyone know where I can import "metal gear solid - essential collection" to europe? Checked amazon and Best Buy without any luck. Decided I really want to burn through those old ones before buying IV :)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-49-en-70-2jtb.html

http://www.netsoundsmusic.com/nsudsii/2/372576153/738/2.html

Not sure if I like the look of that second one

EDIT: just noticed that the play asia one is NTSC :/

The DS3 works great with MGS4, really strong rumble, as it is with most games. Motorstorm isn't one of them though ;)

Somebody asked if you need the Konami IDs to play online, yes you do :crazy:

Or even better having a gf who doesn't mind and is happy to watch or maybe even play it when have small breaks :p

So that's where I will be going wrong when I spend Friday with her rather than MGS! :laugh:

*cancels plan and huggles MGS* :wub:

:p

Or even better having a gf who doesn't mind and is happy to watch or maybe even play it when have small breaks :p

That is so not better. It's like watching little kids trying to do their homework. It's agonisingly tedious.