Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Picked up the game and just played the first bit, looks great!

I am so tired i need to sleep so i'll get up early in the morning to play what i can before my girlfriend comes over.

Mine just came late <_< but i'm off to hibernate while i play it from here till tomorrow i'm dead to the world :D

I am currently in bed, the gf is sleeping, I on the otherhand am awake and just sitting waiting for the time when I can leave and pick the game up without getting beaten for abadoning her. :rofl:

Hooked up the HDMI & 6.1 Surround from the 360 to the PS3: Check

Tons of pillows on my soft, soft couch to keep me comfortable: Check

Plenty of Milk: Check

Plenty of Breakfast: Check

Plenty of unhealthy food items: Check

Metal Gear Solid 4: :hmmm:

yup yup yup - the day has come.

I'm gonna pick this up today after work (I get it at 9am.. stupid Best Buy doesn't open till 10)... but won't be able to actually sit down and play for an extended period of time until the weekend

have fun everyone, and I know it goes with out saying but.. enjoy :D

I'm going to be driving to the local Wal-Mart to see if they have it available at midnight. They normally don't, but I've got nothing better to do and I know I'm not going to be asleep.

I'm going to be driving to the local Wal-Mart ...

wow.. why did I not remember wal-mart? they open at 8am AND they are 5min away from my office

I'm totally getting this before work :D

thanks giga

just picked up mine from Walmart, they didn thave them out and forgot it was comming out tonight, they have both game and PS3 Edition, would have gotten the PS3 edition but got my PS3 week or 2 ago :(

just picked up mine from Walmart, they didn thave them out and forgot it was comming out tonight, they have both game and PS3 Edition, would have gotten the PS3 edition but got my PS3 week or 2 ago :(

Well that makes me hopeful that my local store will have them available as well...

Just picked mine up, wally world had about 50 copies of it. Kinda sad, PS3's biggest game yet and there was absolutely no problem finding a copy. I'm just happy to finally have another good PS3 exclusive, that thing was gettin dusty!

Just picked mine up, wally world had about 50 copies of it. Kinda sad, PS3's biggest game yet and there was absolutely no problem finding a copy. I'm just happy to finally have another good PS3 exclusive, that thing was gettin dusty!

Heh, same. I haven't played my PS3 much since Uncharted.

I've been playing my PSP more than my PS3, how sad is that? If it weren't for Stardust and PixelJunk Monsters I probably wouldn't have touched the thing at all since Uncharted. Now I just have to pry myself away from Ninja Gaiden 2 long enough to play MGS4. It'll proabably have to wait until I beat NG, fortunately I'm right at the end.

WOOT! Wal-mart had it available, so I just got back with my shiny copy! I'm so glad I recently quit my job, otherwise I'd need to call in sick since I'll either be playing straight through to the morning or I'll at least be going to bed too late to wake up at a decent time.

Well I am now in work, gotta wait till 1pm-ish to pick my copy up from GAME. Then I will have 3.5 hours of work, then HOME! It seriously cannot come quick enough!

Kojima said ages ago that there would be no problem finding a copy. I think that's because the game was finished a while ago, so they had quite a lot of stock. With GTA4, for example, they finished the game very shortly before it shipped, and didn't have the time to ramp up production.

Yes, it's PS3-only, which would account for less (about half) the sales of, say, GTA4, but loads of 360 and Wii owners have been buying the bundle pack to play this game.

Still waiting for the postman to deliver mine and my DS3 :)

I completed Ratchet and Clank last night so i'm all ready for some MGS4. Shame I'm working till 6.