Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Hint/Spoiler in relation to B&Bs and camo (doesn't reveal boss names/battles, it's an unlock tip) - Use the tranq gun on the B&B's when they're out of their shells and you get their facecamos! - In other words don't finish them off by killing them

I guess that doesn't apply to Octopus, but only the remaining B&Bs, correct?

Applies to her as well! However I have no idea if you can get the facecamo off her first time. I'm 99.9% sure you can though. I didn't but that's because I killed them all except the last due to me not knowing about their facecamo prior to that.

Then the big question is, what's the point of having their facecamo, for show?

Yes.

However there are more faces to get, so keep playing ;) One of the ones you unlock even has a direct affect on gameplay, but I won't ruin that yet - I read about it in a guide. As you'd expect there is special unlockable ones.

Another two

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

They're from Uniqlo, a Japanese clothing store. There's one in New York City, but I don't know if they're selling the MGS4 shirts.

Slight Act 1 humor spoiler with the environment: In Act 1, there's the statues that you can minic and blend in with. If you choose to blend in 3 times, Snake will accidentally break off the statue's penis.

Slight Act 1 humor spoiler with the environment: In Act 1, there's the statues that you can minic and blend in with. If you choose to blend in 3 times, Snake will accidentally break off the statue's penis.

I lol'd :laugh:

I lol'd :laugh:

I found out about it elsewhere, I swear I didn't do it myself :rofl:

Have you got MGS4 yet DM?

Funny you should mention that, I saw the Statue and remember the statue mimic from a demonstration, I kept looking for guards and kept getting in the posture until the penis snapped off and snake had this extremely hilarious look, was a kodak moment!

I laughed at the ! alert when you see the back of the dudes head from the rat pact.

Don't own a PS3, but was over a friends playing the game earlier, and it does look pretty good. Textures look a little dodgy in some place, but the lighting and stuff is impressive. As for the actual game, I've never been a fan of MGS, but it seemed quite good. AI was dumb, but that could be down to said friend putting it on easy lol. I liked the combination of stealth and intense firefights though, a nice contract there. Not something I would get a PS3 for, but a good game nonetheless.

on a side note - what the hell is up with having to register for a konami ID and then game ID for MGO? Any reason they couldn't just use PSN? Seems just silly to me. A throw back to the days of PS2 online play there lol.

Don't own a PS3, but was over a friends playing the game earlier, and it does look pretty good. Textures look a little dodgy in some place, but the lighting and stuff is impressive. As for the actual game, I've never been a fan of MGS, but it seemed quite good. AI was dumb, but that could be down to said friend putting it on easy lol. I liked the combination of stealth and intense firefights though, a nice contract there. Not something I would get a PS3 for, but a good game nonetheless.

on a side note - what the hell is up with having to register for a konami ID and then game ID for MGO? Any reason they couldn't just use PSN? Seems just silly to me. A throw back to the days of PS2 online play there lol.

Your friends playing MGS on easy!? :|

Burn him in a fire.

The whole Konami ID think is stupid, but I forgive them due to it being their first real attempt at online.

As for the AI comment, I don't get it - I'm playing it on hard and the AI are anything but stupid.

As for the AI comment, I don't get it - I'm playing it on hard and the AI are anything but stupid.

lol, its due to the easy mode en. I dunno why he's playing it on easy. He's played though the other MGS games, so isn't new to the series lol. And it wasn't like he was struggling going through act 1 earlier either. Probably just cos he's lazy lol.

On a side thought - I wonder how much apple paid for product placement lol. Just playing through act one theres the ipod, a macbook and a mac computer.

Thanks for keeping the revealing comments under spoiler tags guys, I'd rather not have to do that myself and then see the actual spoilers :p

Excellent game, I only got a couple hours in last night before I was too tired to stay up any longer. Looks great, plays great...

Metal Gear Solid 3 online on the PS2 - That was an attempt.

I forgot about them making 3 online. Still, they had their way of doing it then, and they have stuck with it. They clearly thought it worked well.

By the way during the Act 2 Mission Briefing you can find a battery for your solid eye! (longer life) with the MK2.