Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Is this the final installment of the MGS series?

Thats an interestin question! In one of the cutscences in the game it scrolls thru all the games of the series staring way bak on the likes of the SNES games then it scrolls right up and stops at MGS4 and below MGS4 there is two empty boxes that said "Under Construction" :s

Its not the last metal gear solid, its unclear as to wether its the last one Kojima will create because he said he wouldnt make another at the end of mgs1, 2 and 3. Its certainly the last Metal Gear with Snakes story though.

Just got through the game.

There is so much I want to say, but there is no word for the entire game other than EPIC! Top 3 games, ever made! And the ending, jawdropping

So, everyone, do you think that this may be the greatest game ever?

Not even close. But the series as a whole does rank pretty high on the list as ONE OF the best ever.

Just got through the game.

There is so much I want to say, but there is no word for the entire game other than EPIC! Top 3 games, ever made! And the ending, jawdropping

Now I want it so bad, I'm going cry in the corner. :cry:

Okay, what the hell - Wanted to start again, now the game is installing between chapters, AGAIN?!

That's pretty lame ...

By the way, a quick picture from the ending, do not look unless you want a pretty big spoiler;

http://b.imagehost.org/view/0096/IMG_0006.png

Well, I knew that you were going to say that. :D

Doesn't matter who says it, it's not true anyways lol. It's awesome, but not the best game ever :)

Here's a small tip for those of you who didn't know, just found out myself - Shake the controller and the Octocamo will revert back to the default skin.

Alright, this is gonna probably sound odd to some of you, but eh what the hey.

Would someone who has finished the game, and seen the ending mind either posting in spoiler tags! or PM'ing me how the story ends with Snake? I have no way of playing the game, nor can I afford getting a PS3 anytime soon, and I'm dying to know how it ends.

:(

Sethos i hate you, you dont know how conflicted i am about wanting to look at that picture, got 15 days to wait till i can afford another PS3 :(

Just finished the game a few hours ago and watched the blue disk included with the limited edition!

Well I'm going to post my opinions all in spoiler tags because I don't want to ruin any single bit of mgs to anyone!

The game is Epic! I can't find words to describe it any better. The atention to detail, the MGS kodac moments (not codec, I'm refering to things like the snake and the not so solid statue :p), the gameplay, the sound, the items, etc! I loved every bit of it, but I must say that the thing I truly loved is Act 4! I don't think I will ever find a game moment that will be as memorable as that (unless they do a remake of the first game with the original soundtrack). The ending was incredible, I think the voice of that cool guy that dies in the end should be played by David Hayter in a diferent tone, but I understand why they didn't do that. I've beaten the game as fast as I could, took me 16hrs, now I'm going to take my time to take a closer look to every little detail.

There is only a little problem for everyone that want's to have a play with a certain very special facecamo... the game must be beaten within 5 hrs, no alerts, no kills, no special items, no nothing in the hardest level... I don't believe that it is possible... I was hoping for a bit more of mgs 1, but I guess this is mgs4 :D

Audioboxer: if you want to talk to anyone about mgs4 you can PM me.

Oh by the way The MGS1 FaceCamo is freakin' awesome, you can just see all 5 pixels :rofl: Also the part where Snake dreams of Shadow Moses, you get to play a bit of MGS1, so awesome!

Edited by Sethos

Just finished act two. Can this game get any better ? I was almost disapointed after act one but all I can is act made me realise why I love the MGS series.

Is there anyway to fire when you are taking cover behind walls (i.e. crouching behind a small wall) The only thing I can think to do is stand up and fire away....seems like there should be. Maybe I am just missing it.