Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Well, I don't know about that. But I went up against a wall and hit the R1 ( Fire ) Button and he started tapping on the wall. ( No Mrk. II )

Same here! :o

-Rich-

None with Raging Raven or rather Raging Beauty? :(

I thought she was the best looking of them all :D

Just finished the game tonight (at around 2:30AM after the massive epilogue).

Well finally completed it. More like a movie than a game imo. Best bit thought has to be Raiden stopping Outer Haven, Hideo Kojima really made up for Raiden being a pansy in MGS2.

edit; I now see why it was smart to put spoiler tags on this, am spoiling quite a bit in the end.

not sure if this would spoil it for anyone, but seeing the previous post mentions this as a spoiler, I'm continuing to do so;

I can't quite remember where, but it was stated by either David Hayter or Kojima himself that they wanted to make Raiden look awesome, because to Kojima Raiden's character was important and it hurt him that the fans were not digging him, so yes, this is Raiden's redemption; him keeping the gekko's away, stopping Outer Haven, stopping the FROGS/Haven Troopers on Snake's final run... to me Raiden never really was lame or anything, but oh man did he get cool in this game!

Yeah Raiden really is a lot cooler in this game, I felt he more than made up for MGS2. To be honest, I thought the whole game made up for MGS2.

But I think it's possible they might have went a bit far with Raiden, making him cut off his own arm is pretty damn hardcore o_0

Oh and I liked the way they attempted to make the plot from MGS2 make sense!

Hmm, can't edit my previous post...

Anyway, I've just found a major grip with the game -

You know those installation screens that pop up at the start of every act? Well don't think that once the game has been installed, it stays like that. I just started a new game and was forced to sit through ANOTHER installation screen. It seems each installation part deletes the data from the previous act, forcing you to install it again the next time you come to it...

I'd rather it just installed everything it needed to the hard drive.

Hmm, can't edit my previous post...

Anyway, I've just found a major grip with the game -

You know those installation screens that pop up at the start of every act? Well don't think that once the game has been installed, it stays like that. I just started a new game and was forced to sit through ANOTHER installation screen. It seems each installation part deletes the data from the previous act, forcing you to install it again the next time you come to it...

I'd rather it just installed everything it needed to the hard drive.

I figured they'd do it like that - which in the end can be quite annoying indeed, but then again... 8+3+3+2 minutes in total equals 16... well... honestly, I kind of enjoyed the breaks, because during all of them I could close my eyes, which were starting to hurt ^^;

I figured they'd do it like that - which in the end can be quite annoying indeed, but then again... 8+3+3+2 minutes in total equals 16... well... honestly, I kind of enjoyed the breaks, because during all of them I could close my eyes, which were starting to hurt ^^;

You don't have an 8min install again, that is a one off.

The only installs you have are the 1-3min installs between acts.

Just seen a UK advert for MGS4 on the channel "Dave".

It was like a cut-down version of the Theatrical trailer, with the movie guy voice :laugh:

Maybe I am too lovi duby here but I really thought Snake and Meryl (or even Mei Ling) would be together. I really hated to see him alone (Otacon doesn't count :x ), I thought Raiden will adopt sunny in the beginning but not too important but she didn't had much of a role to the story than I first though.

^

Sunny not got much of a role?! :/ She practically made the whole virus herself, with a little help from emma's code! Okay she maybe didn't get tons of screen time, but she did play a huge part.

You don't have an 8min install again, that is a one off.

The only installs you have are the 1-3min installs between acts.

Yes you do at the beginning you install for 8 min and every Act you install at least 3 min but as I saw the time decreases later in other act (Act:1-3,Act:2-3,Act:3-2,Act:4-2,Act:5-1) I might be off on some of the act though.

^

Sunny not got much of a role?! :/ She practically made the whole virus herself, with a little help from emma's code! Okay she maybe didn't get tons of screen time, but she did play a huge part.

You're right but maybe it's just the screen time she got :wacko:

I still think the installation thing is stupid, especially considering they've been harping on about how great Blu-ray is. No need to change disks? Changing disks takes all of 30s at the most, I'd rather have that than wait 3mins between each act.

So what if the game would require a DVD for each act, it's better than the installation times.

I still think the installation thing is stupid, especially considering they've been harping on about how great Blu-ray is. No need to change disks? Changing disks takes all of 30s at the most, I'd rather have that than wait 3mins between each act.

So what if the game would require a DVD for each act, it's better than the installation times.

It would've taken more than 2 discs though. Would you prefer to swap discs after each act? :p

Here why you need BR for this game rather than DVD's,

dvdvsbrgifgp6.jpg

Just the amount to of data this game with high amount of poly count, texture and scripting in this game you need BR and nothing else would work.

Remember Kojima said that the BR disk (50g) isn't enough for this in one way it's true but konami managed to cram everything in 33 G (which is really amazing).

Also they cut down lot of space by not putting too much CG into the game mostly every scene are real time.

Edited by Neo003

It's 3 minutes? Hardly the end of the world. I really don't see why people have such issues with these installations.

Well, it would take about 3 minutes anyways to switch the disks out. :p

I rather sit in my chair and wait.

did u see the codec chat yet with Ocatacon he calls sayin its time to change to disc two snake....ooo wait where on Ps3 we hav dual layered Blu Rays...no need to swap discs lol!

did u see the codec chat yet with Ocatacon he calls sayin its time to change to disc two snake....ooo wait where on Ps3 we hav dual layered Blu Rays...no need to swap discs lol!

No! I don't have MGS4, you dirty hoe! :cry:

lol, just kidding. I saw it on MeTube :D

It's not long enough to be annoying at all. In my opinion it comes at a time that a break is welcome anyway. People really do blow the installations out of proportion.