Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Ah, touche. You do need to sit in front of the game for at least an hour before you actually take control of Snake and play properly.

Sounds like the MGS i know and love then! hehe

Seriously tho, can't wait to play it.. think i'l start it on friday night when the mrs is at work :laugh:

I got MGS4 yesterday and I am on Act 4 now all I can say is the game is AMAZING! Best game ever! And HOLY CRAP when you return to Shadow Mosses!!!!

I love the idea of those but it reduces the max camo percentage you can have... :(

If you wear the big boss camo, which is actually solidus ;) it makes soliders cry and run away scared when you're close to them :p

Sigh :( I do not belong in this thread anymore.

:(

/starts buy sanctified a PS3 fund

Donations?

edit: Photobucket dead for anyone else?

damnit, I finished Act 2 and I got 3 kills :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I don't know who I killed, I thought I didn't kill anyone. :(

Does killing robots and machines count towards kills?

I don't think robots count because I killed a lot of geckos.

Does killing robots and machines count towards kills?

No, only living and breathing enemies!

You have to tranq/stamina kill bosses as well - Vamp doesn't mater so I've heard. B&Bs have to be tranqed/stamina killed though.

Anyone think the Rex vs Ray face off was AWESOME?! :woot:?

No, only living and breathing enemies!

You have to tranq/stamina kill bosses as well - Vamp doesn't mater so I've heard. B&Bs have to be tranqed/stamina killed though.

That was amazing. I really liked that. :yes:

It's a lot more fun when you start being a bit creative with it.

First time around I just hammered missiles at RAY, but the second time I started ramming it, using the context-sensitive attacks (Triangle), and using lots of different methods to hurt it in fun ways.

It lasted a LOT longer, but I really enjoyed it!

Ending spoilers...

Did anyone else start hammering Triangle when you put Snake through his long walk/crawl through the Microwave? Gut wrenching scene :( Especially when Otaccon is saying "Cmon Snake, just a little further...".

The way they did that made YOU feel stressed out and incredibly helpless... I couldn't seem to hit triangle fast enough, but somehow I made it.

I went freaking crazy when I saw the Mk.III plugged up to Rex and I was like, Holy Hell I get to drive Rex!!! Then I got to roll with him down the hall. And then Ray popping out! Wow, that was incredibly exciting This game just gets more incredible.

I can't wait to finish the game so I can go back and reread this thread. I skipped all the spoilers related to the finale. Thanks for mentioning that it pertained to the end or I would have ruined it :)

I went freaking crazy when I saw the Mk.III plugged up to Rex and I was like, Holy Hell I get to drive Rex!!! Then I got to roll with him down the hall. And then Ray popping out! Wow, that was incredibly exciting This game just gets more incredible.

I can't wait to finish the game so I can go back and reread this thread. I skipped all the spoilers related to the finale. Thanks for mentioning that it pertained to the end or I would have ruined it :)

I wouldn't play guessing games before finishing!

Some people just post anything in tags, which is fair enough, it's tagged - But you could easily highlight something you don't know! :pinch:

Hope you enjoy the end :)

Well although I all but knew it was for real, just to confirm it without a doubt the game definitely keeps going with time when you have it paused.

I just watched the Mission Briefing for Act II, meaning I did not even start playing Act II yet, and according to the stats in the briefing I have been playing it for 30 hours and 36 minutes. :|

I am not sure how or why Kojima would overlook something so simple in the grand scheme of things considering everything else down to the smallest detail has been covered so amazingly well, but in all fairness, an insane amount of amount of developers do this as well. Not sure if it is some major hurdle in programming, but it would have been nice if it did not keep track of time while the game was paused. Oh well. Gives me incentive to play the game again, something I rarely do these days due to time constraints.

Well although I all but knew it was for real, just to confirm it without a doubt the game definitely keeps going with time when you have it paused.

I just watched the Mission Briefing for Act II, meaning I did not even start playing Act II yet, and according to the stats in the briefing I have been playing it for 30 hours and 36 minutes. :|

I am not sure how or why Kojima would overlook something so simple in the grand scheme of things considering everything else down to the smallest detail has been covered so amazingly well, but in all fairness, an insane amount of amount of developers do this as well. Not sure if it is some major hurdle in programming, but it would have been nice if it did not keep track of time while the game was paused. Oh well. Gives me incentive to play the game again, something I rarely do these days due to time constraints.

Well you can save at any time Larry, I don't think the game is "meant" to be paused for 20-25 hours :p (Estimate as most folk complete Act 1 in 3-6hours-ish).

Why would you pause a game for so many hours :laugh: ?

Because unfortunately MGS doesn't always make it easy to see when you've hit a checkpoint. I ended up playing for over an hour longer than I meant to yesterday because I wanted to get to the next checkpoint.

Because unfortunately MGS doesn't always make it easy to see when you've hit a checkpoint. I ended up playing for over an hour longer than I meant to yesterday because I wanted to get to the next checkpoint.

Unless you're in the middle of a cutscene, as I said above it let's you save at any point during open gameplay?