Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

I hope his PS3 implodes :crazy:

:blink: what do you mean could be.

Have you heard of a thing called 'torrent'.

GOTY = Game of the Year

Also you cant play ISOs on the PS3, so downloading it wont do much good.

I know what GOTY mean :p , I was just saying that for audio it already is can't you tell. Also I do realize that downloading a torrent for this game would to catastrophic on your bandwidth.

It has nothing to do with bandwidth, the PS3 isnt able to play copies, so downloading it is pointless. I have plenty of bandwidth, i can get 50gb in 6 hours or so.

I know what GOTY mean :p , I was just saying that for audio it already is can't you tell. Also I do realize that downloading a torrent for this game would to catastrophic on your bandwidth.

Well it pretty much will be, but I'm waiting till I play it, as LBP is still leaning over my shoulder right now :p

Not only would it screw up your bandwith, you couldn't do anything with the ISO... no one has modded a PS3 yet.

seeing those images has made me realize just how close the game is to release. and i still need to beat MGS 2 and 3! :( i must get on it immediately.

Some store managers getting their ass fired :pinch:

mgs4box_01.jpg

mgs4box_02.jpg

That cover is weak compared to Euroland though :p

Edited by Audioboxer

It says 1080p is supported on the back of that box!

I know it will no doubt be 720p scaled though...

It says 1080p is supported on the back of that box!

I know it will no doubt be 720p scaled though...

I read it will be 1080p the screenshots released on the PS blog were 1080p. I think I read it on the gaf somewhere.

I read it will be 1080p the screenshots released on the PS blog were 1080p. I think I read it on the gaf somewhere.

If it is 1080p, I think it will be scaled on one part.

As in it will be < 1920, but it will be 1080. Like 1280x1080, or 1333x1080, ect...

I seriously doubt it's running at 1920x1080 native :/ Too much going on for that, this isn't a sports game or something :p

Some store managers getting their ass fired :pinch:

mgs4box_01.jpg

mgs4box_02.jpg

That cover is weak compared to Euroland though :p

dude look at his finger nails :| i bet its after math of playing this

but f*** i can't wait 2 more weeks i'm exploding for this game :pinch:

I've had this game on pre-order for a long time now. I haven't really been following the release but in the past I was a big MGS fan. After reading half the comments here with the reviews posted you lot have got me quite excited now. Damn you all!

i don't think that's the real thing. that looks more like a display case at a gamestop.

Display cases don't have UPC codes on them do they? I don't think they do.

If it is 1080p, I think it will be scaled on one part.

As in it will be < 1920, but it will be 1080. Like 1280x1080, or 1333x1080, ect...

I seriously doubt it's running at 1920x1080 native :/ Too much going on for that, this isn't a sports game or something :p

I doubt the game is running at 1280x720p either and more like 1152x640p. It will be merely scaled up, just like everything.

Halo3 had 1080p listed as supported but we all know about that one. don't we?