Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

I liked the OST on the original PS1 game. Not been too keen on the rest in the series. Even when they brought out the original out for the Gamecube they decided to remaster the music :(

I'm not sure :/

I *think* so. You can buy it on it's own.

So near 60 mins, not 90 :p Unless there is others...

*faints*! Man June 12th cant come fast enough!!!!! :woot: :woot:

Holy crap track 16 of disc 2 "Metal Gear Saga", it has the main Metal Gear tune i just got goosebumps listening to it, what an epic tune.

Just finished Disk 1 of MGS1, took me 4hr57. Should have the second disk done tomorrow, and then I can get started on #2 on Monday. :)

I am so psyched for this game!!

oh man I hope I finish the project I'm doing before release date. I don't want to have the game and not been able to play it because of work. :crazy: I cant wait :woot:

14 days!

and in an hour and 9 mins.

13 days!

Omg I cant wait. :D

Holy crap track 16 of disc 2 "Metal Gear Saga", it has the main Metal Gear tune i just got goosebumps listening to it, what an epic tune.

I agree, Its epic, gave me goosebumps, though I miss the heavy chanting that's usually at the end of the main themes.

Probably a more realistic score, i dont believe any game is worth a 10/10 especially not Metal Gear Solid, each game has its quirks.

*edit* just read the review, the guy reviewing it seems a little biased against it, the whole tone of the review is just off, the game has gotten good reviews everwhere else except this guy, he is going to get lynched for it. He doesnt even give much gameplay details for god sake, let alone talk about Metal Gear Online.

I dont agree with much of what he had to say.

Makes me laugh, they give a game like Race Driver GRID 9/10 and MGS4 8/10.

Edited by Richard Hammond

That's a much more unbiased review right there (Y)

Why does it make you laugh? Disappointed much by it? MGS4 has been hyped almost to the max but it doesn't mean it is the second coming of god. 8/10 is a good score.

As far as the Review is concerned, he said half the game is cut-scenes which is infact ...ermm correct :huh:

Obviously for die-hard MGS fans this will be a great game, probably upset by this review though.

That's a much more unbiased review right there (Y)

Why does it make you laugh? Disappointed much by it? MGS4 has been hyped almost to the max but it doesn't mean it is the second coming of god. 8/10 is a good score.

Race Driver: GRID getting a 9/10 and MGS4 getting 8/10 makes him laugh I suppose, because that's just bullocks - even YOU can't deny that. Shows how much personal opinion influences their reviews, because GRID was nowwhere near a 9 when you compare to games as Forza 2 or GT5.

As far as 8/10 by itself goes, I myself too think games should get a 10/10 because it just can't be done and yes 8/10 isn't bad. However if you compare that to other games like GIRD (9/10), Folklore (5/10), Halo 3 (10/10) and GTA4 (10/10) I wonder how much I trust those reviews... I personally thought GRID sucked, Folklore wan't great but definitely more than 5/10, Halo 3 was OK but the last couple of levels were meh and GTA4 got repetitive as well...

It makes me laugh because a review of a game is meant to be gameplay, not whining about how far out there the plot is and how long the codec conversations are, apart from one line sentences about the features like stress levels and drebins shop he hardly touched on gameplay.

He said half the game is cut-scenes which is infact ...ermm incorrect, there have been many reviews, most saying the game is 1/3 cutscenes 2/3 gameplay.

You are only agreeing with the reviewer because the only posts i see you post in here are negative ones or ones bashing the PS3.

Finally, there have been what, 10 reviews on MGS4 so far, ok so you can put aside the fact that the Official PS magazines are giving it 10/10 but most are giving it 9 or 10/10 they cant all be biased.

Race Driver: GRID getting a 9/10 and MGS4 getting 8/10 makes him laugh I suppose, because that's just bullocks - even YOU can't deny that. Shows how much personal opinion influences their reviews, because GRID was nowwhere near a 9 when you compare to games as Forza 2 or GT5.

As far as 8/10 by itself goes, I myself too think games should get a 10/10 because it just can't be done and yes 8/10 isn't bad. However if you compare that to other games like GIRD (9/10), Folklore (5/10), Halo 3 (10/10) and GTA4 (10/10) I wonder how much I trust those reviews... I personally thought GRID sucked, Folklore wan't great but definitely more than 5/10, Halo 3 was OK but the last couple of levels were meh and GTA4 got repetitive as well...

I was talking about MGS4 only since this is the thread.

I agree GRiD isn't 9/10 material at all but this isn't what we are discussing are we? 10/10 is OTT for MGS4 yes, i was alittle suprised to see 8/10 from Eurogamer myself, but most of what he said is related.

It makes me laugh because a review of a game is meant to be gameplay, not whining about how far out there the plot is and how long the codec conversations are, apart from one line sentences about the features like stress levels and drebins shop he hardly touched on gameplay.

He said half the game is cut-scenes which is infact ...ermm incorrect, there have been many reviews, most saying the game is 1/3 cutscenes 2/3 gameplay.

You are only agreeing with the reviewer because the only posts i see you post in here are negative ones or ones bashing the PS3.

Finally, there have been what, 10 reviews on MGS4 so far, ok so you can put aside the fact that the Official PS magazines are giving it 10/10 but most are giving it 9 or 10/10 they cant all be biased.

Oh i think once you start playing you will find it closer to half than 1/3 i am sure of that, if previous games are anything to go by. People are already talking about 29 hours of gameplay, but that will turn out to be around 8-10 hours GAMEPLAY and the rest of cut-scenes.

I am agreeing with the Reviewer? I just said 8/10 is a fairer score that 10/10 which MGS series has never been a 10/10 game.

I am looking forward to the game myself and i really want to buy a PS3 bundle with this game.

Oh i think once you start playing you will find it closer to half than 1/3 i am sure of that, if previous games are anything to go by. People are already talking about 29 hours of gameplay, but that will turn out to be around 8-10 hours GAMEPLAY and the rest of cut-scenes.

I am agreeing with the Reviewer? I just said 8/10 is a fairer score that 10/10 which MGS series has never been a 10/10 game.

I am looking forward to the game myself and i really want to buy a PS3 bundle with this game.

Whatever, there should be some restriction on this forum to stop people coming in causing trouble by posting negative comments constantly.

Whatever, there should be some restriction on this forum to stop people coming in causing trouble by posting negative comments constantly.

/offtopic

There are often problems with fanboy comments and there have been bans and restrictions placed on certain members in the past. From what I can see the main crowd tend to come from the MS group who love to pick apart the PS3's shortcomings. There are several members who seem to have a grudge against Sony in general. Although I spend most of my time in this section, I've very little need to go into the MS section, so i don't know whether the opposite is happening to the same extent as it does here. I'm happy to put my hands up and say I don't like the Xbox, as its simply not what I want in a console and the PS3 fullfills MY needs better. There are rules listed in the main gamers hangout section IIRC, also rules from the main forum rules apply off course. I've been drawn heavily into fanboy arguments myself but over the last week or so, there were multiple topics that did nothing but encourage flaming. I ended up just giving up a letting the fanboys have their arguments.

PiracyX, this isn't an attack on your posts, but I believe you can probably see the degradation the gamers hangout has had recently, as I have?

/on topic

reviews by their nature are biased, this reviewer went in disliking the series and seemed to be determined to find the minor faults at any cost. we should read a collection of reviews and form an opinion of our own based on that.

/offtopic

Well it's quite clear that there are certain members of the forum that are fan boys and just that. It's clear they don't like gaming and come here just to give there one sided views. Sadly it's not just on the 360 camp but also the PS3 camp. I have stopped posting because of it.

It's funny because I can say as soon as a new topic goes up who will be the people to start !

/on topic

I think the 9.9 from IGN was to high no game is that good even MGS. However I think 8 is a little low. However until I play the game myself I will not know for sure.

Has anyone been able to find a picture of the LE figurine yet?

wasn't it in Audioboxers post in the background with the OST?

edit: this one?

IMG_1125.jpg

hmm - seems like a Medicom one as far as I can tell... but it's not exactly like the one I have;

post-30611-1212153600.jpg

edit; I obviously would be dissapointed if it was something like this. I expected something... well... 'limited'

I guess everyone has seen IGN's review? - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/877/877611p1.html - UK anyway, 9.9.

Eurogamers is a little surprising, but some of the things they're negative about makes it sound like a personal taste issue with the reviewer.

There is going to be diversity in the reviewing world, but when you see something like Grid scoring higher than MGS, it does make you scrunch up your face :blink:

Anyway, with all the other reviews it's getting it's clearly an excellent game for MGS fans, and some of the reviews mentioned it still being great for newcomers (Y)