Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

If only hideo had a bit of humor with console wars give snake a nun chuck wii controller for CQB as a weapon lol

8 Days to go, wish i could go into hibernation.

ditto, though instead of hibernation I actually got around to buying mgs3: subsistence instead

midweek releases are epic fail, means you buy the game, paly for one evening then have work the following morning. friday releases are full of win.

MGS 4 Famitsu Cross Review 10 10 10 10

Quality and Volume is astounding. Fans will like it. Newbies are welcomed through many friendly systems.

Even Gamers that are bad at action games need to play it. MGS Online is included. Cant see a single flaw

Espionage Action and Bossbattles are Intact. Buying Stuff and custumizing is fun

The Cutscenes are astounding and there are many of the,

Online Play is included which is nice

I think there are a little too many cutscenes

Yet You will watch them till the end

Many Extra Content

The Online plays like the main game

A lot of replayability

Octocamo is easy to use

Dont have any problems with the quality of the cutscenes

Too many characters. You will need to play the previous games

Online play is unique

Editor A

An overwhelming amount of quality and volume. Thanks to a lot of great features, long time fans of the series and neophytes alike will be able to enjoy the game. Even if you’re not so great at action games, we really recommend you give this a try. Furthermore, the content in the Metal Gear Online mode is an excellent addition to the main story. A game with seemingly no weak points whatsoever.

Editor B

The familiar sneaking action triumphantly returns, along with boss battles full of tricks and surprises. But even more fun is the ability to purchase and customize equipment with new abilities! The popular cutscenes are also back in huge numbers, leaving you immensely satisfied. Finally, playing the online versus mode with your buddies and linking up is just too awesome!

Editor C

Within the massive amounts of cutscenes there are numerous easter eggs, mixing both the old and the new. Some parts get a little verbose and wordy, but the end is really worth it. Also, because depending on your style of play, many different gameplay elements emerge, the second straight week of play is still fun. Another great point: the Online mode’s rules and system are carried over from the main story mode (?). You’ll want to play it over and over again.

Editor D

“Octo-Cam” allows players to automatically blend in, a system easy for even beginners to understand. We have no complaints about the quality of the cutscenes at all. However, many characters from the previous games appear, so if you want to get the most out of the story, you’ll need a bit of preparation. In the Online Game, modes like “Snake vs Soldiers” are truly unique to this series.

Famitsu translations... dunno how accurate they are.

Now i actually own a PS3 my excitement levels have shot through the roof for this game. Shame play.com don't have any limited editions in.

Shame Liquid doesn't sound the same as he did in MGS1.

MGS 4 wants to make you remember where you were 10 years ago

Speaking to IGN, the creator of Metal Gear Solid, a Mr Hideo Kojima commented that MGS 4 will add more enjoyment to the people who have followed the series for ten years because they can always look back and remember what they were doing with their lives. Kojima notes he's chucked in all the elements to allow trips down memory lane. He also confirmed that they have assurance to release the game simultaneously worldwide and he is both excited and nervous to see how the game will be received by the gaming public.

Video interview: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=28176

Good to hear Kojima say he agrees there was issues with MGO software side (I presume all the stupid signups), and on the hardware side with the servers unable to cope.

I expect MGO to be/to get much better than the open beta! :yes:

Some nice game play clips with the interview as well.

Also the video shows off how the ipod works in-game through the menus!

ditto, though instead of hibernation I actually got around to buying mgs3: subsistence instead

midweek releases are epic fail, means you buy the game, paly for one evening then have work the following morning. friday releases are full of win.

GTA4 was a midweek release wasn't it? A Tuesday if I remember correctly?? That was far from an Epic Fail and tbh I can't see MGS4 being an Epic Fail either.

Maybe generally if a game is released midweek it will fail, but a game of this miagnitude won't fail.

GTA4 was a midweek release wasn't it? A Tuesday if I remember correctly?? That was far from an Epic Fail and tbh I can't see MGS4 being an Epic Fail either.

Maybe generally if a game is released midweek it will fail, but a game of this miagnitude won't fail.

you missed my point, midweek releases are themselves total fail, meaning end of week releases are better because it gives you the entire weekend to play. I didn't mean the game itself is fail because of a midweek release.

you missed my point, midweek releases are themselves total fail, meaning end of week releases are better because it gives you the entire weekend to play. I didn't mean the game itself is fail because of a midweek release.

Quit bitching and phone in sick :p

I'll be doing that :whistle:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)

2. Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)

3. Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)

4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)

5. Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)

6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)

7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)

8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for Playstation 3)

The only 8 games Famitsu has given 40/40 to.

Hypes me up even more :(

I have no idea why the heck Nintendogs is in there though :/

Quit bitching and phone in sick :p

I'll be doing that :whistle:

I was quickly figured out on GTA4 release :p

however working with gamers helps people to understand!