Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

I missed out earlier by an hour or two, so I asked the guy if he was selling anymore.

He said later tonight but no specific time...

I've literally sat refreshing his store for 3/4 hours, but boy it paid off. Can't believe how lucky I was after all 8 copies went in 1:40 :laugh:

I'll post some better quality snaps of the game for you guys once I get it than those on the net. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything.

Wonder if he will get anymore? Are they American copies?
THESE ARE MY LAST 8 COPIES (I'M KEEP ONE FOR MYSELF NOW, SORRY), NO MORE AFTER THIS SO PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MESSAGES ASKING IF I HAVE ANY MORE ONCE THESE ARE ALL SOLD. I HAVE SPENT ALL DAY RESPONDING TO MESSAGES ASKING FOR MORE MGS4 GAMES. ITS MY OWN FAULT FOR SELLING THEM SO EARLY SO PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME!!

He's sold 16 in total, and no more now :(

I think they might be the Australian copies, but they may be UK PAL. The guy who got a copy in the thread earlier bought from another ebay seller and got an Australian copy, but I don't think anyone knows what this guy is selling.

I'm not bothered either way, region free FTW!

dscf0002om0.jpg

Guy from earlier, AUS copy.

The image my ebay seller uses is the AUS image, so it may be an AUS copy, or else it's just coincidence when he no doubt google image searched for a MGS4 box :p

I quickly paid for it all as fast as I ever have on ebay :laugh: He offers 1st class recorded and special delivery, but I just paid for 1st class recorded. Should be good enough to get the game friday, if he ships early tomorrow. If not I'll have it on sat!

and only 34 pounds, thats crazy, i would have sold them at ridiculous prices

Well thank goodness there is decent people in the world eh?

;)

Great price though, I was going to buy from shopto at ?36.99 and I paid ?37.34 and get it a few days early.

I couldnt hate you any more than i do right now.

Ah well at least one copy is on it's way to NW and I can actually confirm some things others are seemingly not doing :/

Like 720p/1080p support for sure (guy says his TV runs at 1080p, but it's a 32" TV :/).

And some other q's for you guys.

However as I said, I won't be spoiling anything at all - I think NW would be happy to warn/ban me for spewing out lots of information on a title prior to release. Remember the GTA4 fiasco? Fair enough it leaked and could be pirated, but it's still disrespectful to run around spoiling a game (N)

Maybe by PM if you guys are really that into ruining it early :p

I'll post some screens of harmless stuff though, just to show it off. Got a nice 42" TV to take snaps of it on.

I just would like to know about the install times, and if it installs between chapters/acts. I know the game will look amazing, and I know the cut scenes will be huge.

I just would like to know about the install times, and if it installs between chapters/acts. I know the game will look amazing, and I know the cut scenes will be huge.

Fair question, I can answer that.

I do suspect some things might be answered over the next day or two though before I play. The copies the guy sold earlier should be in peoples hands tomorrow, and our first player on the playstation forums might answer some more q's.

I'm just glad he's a reputable seller (Y) You always have your doubts when you see things early on ebay :laugh:

What annoys me is that the copies are obviously sat in the back room of all the game shops all over the world, and probably have been for a week, why make everyone wait stupid amounts of time before releasing it, goddamit.

Fair question, I can answer that.

I do suspect some things might be answered over the next day or two though before I play. The copies the guy sold earlier should be in peoples hands tomorrow, and our first player on the playstation forums might answer some more q's.

I'm just glad he's a reputable seller (Y) You always have your doubts when you see things early on ebay :laugh:

True, but I actually trust you more than others. I would prefer to hear it from your good self :D

What annoys me is that the copies are obviously sat in the back room of all the game shops all over the world, and probably have been for a week, why make everyone wait stupid amounts of time before releasing it, goddamit.

To do exactly what it's doing to us now...

Cause us to go crazy and moan to everyone we know that we wanna play MGS4 = Build up of hype...

I know so sad, specially for people like me that wont be able to play the game on the damn 12 or the week following but could this weekend, oh well, no justice!!!

Kojima can stick it where the sun dont shine

*sulks*

Kojima-san is making ZOE 3 now, hopefully he doesnt stick anything anywhere cuz that game will be pure win.

Kojima-san is making ZOE 3 now, hopefully he doesnt stick anything anywhere cuz that game will be pure win.

got a source for that? :blink:

THIS IS A GENUINE UK PAL FORMAT GAME

Looks like they've been leaked from somewhere in the UK then?

I'll tell you guys if its AUS or UK once I get it anyway. Here's hoping if it's AUS, there's no censorship issues ;)