Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

It does happen on Neowin, you're right, it happened with Halo 3 and even Halo 2 I think.

But anyway Gigapixels has cleared it up now.

And you asked earlier if Royal Mail deliver Saturdays and yes they do :)

People ruined Halo 2 and 3 on Neowin? :/

Did they leak early as well from retailers?

Sorry, im just completely anal about things like that. If I were more invested in the Halo series, I'd of gone all Wild West on their ass!

Good good :)

Well if we're talking about users signing up solely to post spoilers, I would consider that an offense and would of course take the necessary actions. I thought we were speaking of members who have been here for a while.

Ah right good to know :)

I have no worries about members who have been here for a while for two reasons

a) I'd say every regular in the GH is respectful enough not to waste a game purposely

and

b) Even if someone did post a spoiler, 99% of us know how to use spoiler tags and warn before hand

I really was talking about the influx of new posters on some other gaming sites I visit, that I've seen waste the game out of complete malice. I've caught one or two average spoilers myself, and I'm on total shut down from nearly every MGS4 topic now apart from this one :laugh:

LOL

by the way, someone on NW has to make this!

bdwsq1.jpg

2czq620.jpg

People ruined Halo 2 and 3 on Neowin? :/

Did they leak early as well from retailers?

Sorry, im just completely anal about things like that. If I were more invested in the Halo series, I'd of gone all Wild West on their ass!

Good good :)

Yeah copies were sold in USA early and of course they were on torrent sites not long after. Replies were removed from the forum iirc and it was by people who only signed up to post spoilers. Thank god I wasn't around to read them though :laugh:

Where is the seller from on eBay you bought from AB?

Yeah copies were sold in USA early and of course they were on torrent sites not long after. Replies were removed from the forum iirc and it was by people who only signed up to post spoilers. Thank god I wasn't around to read them though :laugh:

Where is the seller from on eBay you bought from AB?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=022

I think I'm getting the AUS copy, but I'm not sure :/

Box and case show the AUS MA15 rating, but the disc itself is the UK 15 rating as shown here (weird isn't it?),

dscf0002om0.jpg

dscf0003xx4.jpg

That's the guy who got it early off ebay first - He used a different seller, so we'll see what the copy I get turns up like.

I'm not bothered but there is a comment going around that MGO may be region locked. Hopefully it's locked as in, Europe & America/Japan (English regions locked together) - Or at least all of Europe locked together.

Hope I'm not stuck playing against the Aussies if it is an Australian copy I get :laugh:

80GB Metal Gear systems on amazon.com tomorrow at 10AM PST

If you've been waiting for the standard 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle, which includes a 80GB PS3, a regular copy of Metal Gear Solid 4, and a DualShock 3 controller, you're going to have to fight the thousands of others that are undoubtedly also waiting to buy the system. You can try your luck in stores on June 12th, when the system (and game) releases ... or you can test your luck with amazon.com tomorrow (Friday).

According to the online retailer, "demand for this item is so great, we anticipate selling out very quickly." Thankfully, you'll have a slight edge over others who may be browsing the site. The bundle will be available at 10AM PST (1PM EST) tomorrow. Get your F5 buttons ready -- and g'luck to all of you.

Update: Please note that the system will be $499 when it is available tomorrow. Any prices you see right now are third-party resellers that are free to charge whatever they want to -- and they want to charge a lot.

Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/05/80gb-m...ow-at-10am-pst/

If people are sad enough to register here only to spoil an ending of a video game, then they really do fail at life.

I'm sorry, I just think it's absurd to suggest that would ever happen here. Yes you may have witnessed something similar at NeoGAF, but I'd say the members here are generally a LOT more mature than those on other gaming related forums.

And if anyone wanted to ruin the MGS 4 experience for a vast amount of people, Neowin would not be their first stop.

Anyone ordering the 80GB PS3 this morning?

Someone on GAF supposedly got it out of Walmart early :o

MGS4.jpg

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Digi cam is charging so no high quality snaps for an hour or so - Batteries were used on holiday.

It is a strange one, back of box,

"Licensed for sale only in Australia and New Zealand"

Game disc

"15, BBFC" (UK rating).

Ah well, who cares :p

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

Congratulations :p Have you played it yet??

DSC00102.jpg

Nope installing :D

Game runs in 1080p by choice when booting it up.

Install says it will take 8 minutes

DSC00105.jpg

It's a 3D snake that moves, and messages come up. Some of them quite funny!

One I did notice,

"This game is made exclusively for use on the PlayStation3" :p

Sad thing is, I need to shoot out for about 30-45 mins, I'll install check out the main screen and then I'll be out and back. Not going to start playing right this second as I suspect the intro might be a 10-15-20 min cutscene!

When I'm back though I can take high quality snaps, hang in there ;)

Snake looks cool :p I bet in the end of the installation he will do something funny!! :p

ps. I will make the cardboardbox figure as soon as I get some damn glue(tried with tape --> doesn't work :p)

@AB you lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky SOB!

For ?40 it'd better be the best damn bluetooth headset you can buy, especially being limited edition:no:: What a let down.

Yet again the 3rd party accessories are a let down. They always tend to be.

Yet again the 3rd party accessories are a let down. They always tend to be.

Well then maybe Sony should have designed and sold a headset along with the console in the first place?

Not to mention it's officially licensed for the PS3, so 3rd party excuse doesn't cut it this time.

Well then maybe Sony should have designed and sold a headset along with the console in the first place?

Not to mention it's officially licensed for the PS3, so 3rd party excuse doesn't cut it this time.

It's 3rd party so the excuse does stick.

Sony have their branded headset coming out with SOCOM. It should have been packaged with the unit, but it wasn't. We all moved on from that.

The main menu screen is intense :|

Easter egg: If you let the main menu screen "run" till it's finished (it's kind of like a menu over a cutscene), it will go black, you'll see the Konami logo and then one of those PMC adverts will play! (check gametrailers). Then it goes back to the main menu again.

^ Check Keito's sig for Ravensword - That's the PMC adverts I'm talking about.

Rinse repeat.

Anyway I'll be back in just under an hour and should have some high quality snaps then!

I don't know, but would this work??

post-246446-1212753764_thumb.png

Then you could use whatever headset you wanted to.

USB dongle

but yeah, it would be nice to have one from Sony, that would be perfect for the PS3

Damn you Audio! Still i will be looking forward to it next Thursday. Just got to keep checking on bundle deals.