Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Audio where are thou, still waiting on pics/info!!!!

Playing it now more than likely. Popcorn and soda at the ready :)

Scotland is the closest I can get. :(

Hows about a MGS style infiltration to steal his copy?

off course I'll lead the mission via codec!

Now then. We are onto something.

118.34 is my frequency.

I'll bring the MGS1 OST too, can't sneak without it. With a bit of luck AB has had air ducts installed...

The main menu screen is intense :|

Easter egg: If you let the main menu screen "run" till it's finished (it's kind of like a menu over a cutscene), it will go black, you'll see the Konami logo and then one of those PMC adverts will play! (check gametrailers). Then it goes back to the main menu again.

^ Check Keito's sig for Ravensword - That's the PMC adverts I'm talking about.

Rinse repeat.

Anyway I'll be back in just under an hour and should have some high quality snaps then!

Kojima kinda gave that away in an interview though :p Glad to see them in high res in the game though, the ones online are quite lo-res :( and the ravensword kicks so much ass!

Thanks for mentioning me almighty audioboxer XD

Audio, is there any way to tell if it is actually indeed a 50 GB Bluray disc???

I personally wouldn't have thought so. They will look identical. Same with DVDs and DVD9's

ergh I can see him playing it on my friends list.

im totally jealous, lol.

haha, yesterday on Kotaku they said those Australian copies beeing sold on eBay were fake, im glad they were wrong, Go Audio

I'm just home, had to go out. (left MGS4 running though to tease those on my friends list ;))

I've not started playing the game yet. I'm gonna delete the install data, and install it whilst taking new snaps on my digi cam. Then I'll take a few of the main menu and a few gameplay ones. Then I'm getting settled for a MGS4 marathon :p

I'm just home, had to go out.

I've not started playing the game yet. I'm gonna delete the install data, and install it whilst taking new snaps on my digi cam. Then I'll take a few of the main menu and a few gameplay ones. Then I'm getting settled for a MGS4 marathon :p

Bring it on!!!!, :D

whats with the 2 different rating on the copies? is this the UK and AU getting the same production run? or is there someting more darker, and UK copies of the game intercepted and paired with the AU packaging??

I'm just home, had to go out. (left MGS4 running though to tease those on my friends list ;))

Looking forward to it :drool:

Quick question. does the LE release same time as the regular edition??

Looking forward to it :drool:

Quick question. does the LE release same time as the regular edition??

My order says 12th june, so I figure that's a yes :)

whats with the 2 different rating on the copies? is this the UK and AU getting the same production run? or is there someting more darker, and UK copies of the game intercepted and paired with the AU packaging??

It's definitely an Australian copy.

I thought it was weird the disc has a 15 UK rating, but on the disc it says "for use in Australia". I already said earlier my box/case says "to be sold in Australia/New Zealand only".

I have no idea how people in the UK got a hold of Aussie copies this far in advance :rolleyes:

I have no idea how people in the UK got a hold of Aussie copies this far in advance :rolleyes:

And it will probably remain a mystery :p

Guys what is it that helps you take photos on a camera? Macro Mode or something?

I'm a complete noob with digitial cameras, and I swear my hands are steady but it still blurs.

I'm using the old Canon Powershot A85 cam just now. We have a Nikon D75 but I have even less of an idea on how to work it :/

Someone help or else we'll be getting blurry shots :p

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

Game install takes 4GB.

IMG_0979.jpg

Game chooses to run in 1080p itself. GTA4 said 1080p support on the back of it's box, however the game chooses to run in 720p unless you force it to run in 1080p. MGS4 doesn't need to be forced.

IMG_0987.jpg

;)

Snake actually smokes the cig during the install, and it physically decreases in size :p He also says "Kept you waiting, huh?" when the install is complete :laugh:

Example of how easily my shots get blurred though :/

Damn, that usually happens when there is low lightinig (the blurring).

Man, with that message now we know for sure that the disc wont work on the 360... hahahaha